Test Your Internet Speed

cnbd_novice

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Download speeds are usually shown as kilobytes/second, or KB/s. Therefore, a rate of 512 kilobits, or kbps would translate as 64 kilobytes/second- around what you should be getting. Likewise, 128 kbps translates into 16 KB/s.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Oooooooooooooooh...I see, thanks Naveed. After seeing other peoples speeds, Hooper is jealous. Why can't Aus have fast internet like you guys?

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Ok, but whenever I download stuff, why doesnt the download speed go at 512 then? Its always around 50-100kb/s.

The speed values you get from this test are in kbps - Kilobits per second and your download manager shows speed in KBps - Kilobytes per second.

As I said before
If you divide the speed by 8 and you'll get your KB per second download rate.

So if you have a 512 kbps connection then you should a maximum transfer rate of 64 KBps

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
It wasn't loading one of those fancy images for me so I took a screenshot instead.

I'm quite happy with that :D

sd92

International Coach
I think this whole thing is dodgy..the more i try it the better it gets.

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Your connection is always exactly the same. And sometimes it will be slower because you are using torrents.
Yeah not only torrents but also any other stuff you are doing on the internet while testing the speed will affect the result.

Users who are viewing this thread