ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
I guess no U or N openers remains for Alphabet 3 now :lol
I do have plans for alphabet 3, which will be the final draft. I have one more condition to add, but all players will be eligible, including from alphabet 1 and alphabet 2

Neptune

Panel of Selectors
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
I will be picking Craig MacMillan at 6. He contributed well to New Zealand cricket in a rough era for the team, averaging above 40 at 6 at a healthy strike rate. There were some other close contenders for this spot, but the overall usefulness of MacMillan made me pick him.

I assume @ddrap14 can go now

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
1623876013536.png
I think this is 40%, which absolutely bails me out for not finding a WK at 7. Ian Smith will be at nine.

@Yash.

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
I've got an A to replace the U at the top. Gonna take Marvan Atapattu. Pretty underrated as an opening batsman for Sri Lanka, he was mostly the guy in the background while Jayasuria played the role of aggressive opener. He's a good batsman though. He did suffer a few slumps in his career, but always had the mental strength and playing skill to get himself out of it.

It's still @ahmedleo414 because this is a late pick for me.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
My next pick will be Greg Matthews

72611071.jpg
StatsMatchesRunsHSBatting Ave100s/50sWicketsBBIBBMBowling Ave5w/10w
First Class1908,87218438.9113/495168/52?31.8022/5
Test331,84913041.084/12615/10310/24948.222/1

Eligibility: Played 33 innings out of 53 at position 7 = 62.26%

Bio from cricinfo:

Greg Matthews's extravagant affectations, cool lingo and dogged fighting spirit briefly made him the most hip player in the country, though rarely in the corridors of power, the Australian dressing-room or the estimation of Allan Border. Matthews was picked for Australia as a hard-working offspinner, but lacked penetration and averaged 48. Yet as a courageous if inelegant left-hand batsman he made four centuries and averaged 41. He was nothing if not a paradox. His high point was his ten-wicket Man of the Match performance in the Madras tied Test, in which he played throughout in a sweater while others nearly died of heatstroke. He holds New South Wales's appearance and wicket records, and was once proclaimed by his friend Geoff Lawson as NSW's best-ever player.

My team so far:

1. :aus: :bat: Herbie Collins :c:
  2. :saf: :bat: Owen Wynne
  3. :aus: :bat: Neil Harvey
  4. :zim: :wkb: Brenden Taylor
  5. :saf: :bat: Lee Irvine
  6. N
  7. :aus: :ar: Greg Matthews
  8. :aus: :bwl: John Emburey
  9. :pak: :bwl: Sarfraz Nawaz
  10. C
  11. :ind: :bwl: Umesh Yadav
@Ashutosh. you have the next pick, as well as a previous invalid pick

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. :aus: :bat: Herbie Collins :c:
  2. :saf: :bat: Owen Wynne
  3. :aus: :bat: Neil Harvey
  4. :zim: :wkb: Brenden Taylor
  5. :saf: :bat: Lee Irvine
  6. N
  7. :aus: :ar: Greg Matthews
  8. :aus: :bwl: John Emburey
  9. :pak: :bwl: Sarfraz Nawaz
  10. C
  11. :ind: :bwl: Umesh Yadav
Given the amount of contingency planning you needed to do it's a brilliant team so far. Props!

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Given the amount of contingency planning you needed to do it's a brilliant team so far. Props!
Thanks, what I did for this draft is, when I was free from work, I picked 3-5 players for each position that fit the criteria. I ranked them on what priority I should pick them at. I feel like that helped me. The one person I missed out on that was my first choice was Ross Taylor and Omar Phillips (I gave him to @Murtaza96 because there were only two people eligible for that letter and he wasn't able to find any), but I have gotten everyone else that I wanted

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Thanks, what I did for this draft is, when I was free from work, I picked 3-5 players for each position that fit the criteria. I ranked them on what priority I should pick them at. I feel like that helped me. The one person I missed out on that was my first choice was Ross Taylor and Omar Phillips (I gave him to @Murtaza96 because there were only two people eligible for that letter and he wasn't able to find any), but I have gotten everyone else that I wanted
It's all good. You missed one other thing though. Reread my compliment, then your team...

mohsin7827

International Cricketer
India
CSK
Birmingham Phoenix
X Rebels
9. Ish Sodhi (9/25=36%)
FormatMatInnsBallsRunsWktsBBIBBMAveEconSR4w5w10w
Test173131861992414/607/7948.583.7577.70200
First Class 841411533491052647/3012/6234.483.5658.0012142

There is little in Ish Sodhi's statistics to suggest he is an international-quality legspinner, but New Zealand's selectors have seen enough in his aggressive approach and keen attitude to hand him a Test debut after only one full season of first-class cricket. Known chiefly for the turn he generates and the flight he fearlessly trusts, Sodhi's journey to top-level cricket has been a triumph of determination over significant odds.

@ahmedleo414

Users who are viewing this thread