The Apple Thread

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Radically new products?..A bigger screen is radically new or the NFC inside the apple iPhone 6 is new.The world moves on from one spec to other and Apple is losing it now.

Apple's fan base is so darn tight and huge that even if they sell a brick, they won't lose. Just watch the numbers after Sep 19th when the new phones go on sale.

Only thing remaining for Apple is to freakin' increase the battery in their phones. But that's a worldwide issue with smartphones (the battery lives)

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Give me a reason why people would continue to be fanatic about Apple even now, more so after Jobs is dead and Apple's legacy has diluted significantly with only incremental upgrades happening in their new products.

Every company these days is joining this "incremental upgrades" bandwagon. Samsung's S4 and S5 is an example. A lot of other manufacturers do it. They build one product, and then incrementally build it up to the point where its a refined product. Apple has been facing criticism for it because its known for radically new products everytime. But this model will someday be lauded

Because people are dumb

Chewie

BCCI President
I would actually like a smart watch eventually. But I'd wait for the technology to mature much further and for them to have better battery life. Not having to get my phone out of my pocket every time I get a notification would be really handy.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I would also wait for them to move over to a different physical design. I am not at all a fan of these big "square watches". I was hoping silently that Apple would not follow the "strap the square iPod nano to the wrist" design. But yet, they did it (that's why they killed off the square iPod nano).

Not keen to buy the first generation. It will take time for the product to mature and Apple will do it over multiple iterations (in spite of the fact that some morons will continue to criticize Apple for their incremental upgrades across products).

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Is it just me to think,

Many years back where a mobile phone added lot of pride to people, they were designed with bigger sizes and with evolution of plenty of compact/small size models later - we all were so happy/competent to have the best small compact phone adding style. Now is it just getting reversed with designs again going from small to bigger size every year? What a pity!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Is it just me to think,

Many years back where a mobile phone added lot of pride to people, they were designed with bigger sizes and with evolution of plenty of compact/small size models later - we all were so happy/competent to have the best small compact phone adding style. Now is it just getting reversed with designs again going from small to bigger size every year? What a pity!

Yeah... It seems like how people want a "mini computer" in their pocket. Personally, I am very happy with the current size of the iPhone 5 or 5S. Its the perfect size. If only Apple improved the battery life of these along with giving them the Retina touch (with higher pixel density and better resolution), this is the size to have. But Apple has been sucked into the "bigger size, better phones" bandwagon.

Chewie

BCCI President
Is it just me to think,

The thing is, you can't compare the two because they have completely different functions. I'm sure you can find tiny phones still if you just want that sort of functionality, but to make use of what phones can do nowadays, it makes much more sense to have a larger screen size

SambarVadai

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
The only thing I like in the iPhone is its touch.Undoubtedly the best among all the touch phones.Although they all say that iOS is optimised for the mid range hardware,the hardware specs of some Windows phones are beating them easily at the moment.
Apple should atleast try to re-engineer the design.Its time they did it.Just increasing the screen size,a new processor,some more ram and a crap battery won't do good for them for long.Plus the unlocked models are too damn costly.They just keep the pricing faourable to the US and EU countries.Much of the people in developing countries can't even afford that due to this erratic pricing,which is a point they should take seriously.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Is it just me to think,

Absolutely! but I think the trend is slowly getting over. I have some friends who bought those 'bigger and better' phones but now find it hard to take calls when traveling. S4. I myself have given away iPhone and Samsung S4 only to get Nokia3110c and Samsung Chat3222 in the past. I found the larger phones very inconvenient, particularly the Samsung Galaxy S series. While my friends laughed at me when I trade those mobiles off with my siblings, they soon found themselves doing it my way.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I have no problem with Apple's hardware but their operating system is an absolute mess. I would never be able to go back to it unless they made some significant changes to the user experience.

Users who are viewing this thread