ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
there are many better ways to alter the balance of a game. You give a weaker bowler a couple of overs too many, with an attacking field. Your cannier teammates may guess what’s going on, but the rest won’t. They’ll be too busy thinking about their own game.
^Haha so when I get thrown the ball i'll now know why ;)

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Brilliant article.

In my experience, a club side almost always has three slip fielders: at first slip, you have the loudest man in the side, at second slip you have the fattest man in the side, and at third slip you have the oldest man in the side. If there are less than three slips, then one of those fielders falls into more than one category.

dabatman

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I know this is old but have to say the article is still very relevant. Heading into the upcoming cricket season here in Australia I find myself at the helm and so been looking around at small tips here and there to make sure I (at almost 30) lead by example.

However what TA has said above is totally correct my entire playing career has been with 3 slips - the loudest, fattest and oldest which is why up until last year I was happy to be sent out to field at point or cover as it meant I was neither the loudest, fattest or oldest at the club - I suppose as captain this year that is something else that I will need to look into and judge :)

Users who are viewing this thread