The Art of Cricket is back - Read PlanetCricket's Exclusive Interview

srk121

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
not just the player model, but the stadiums, textures / 2D art etc....
is all below average.....

unfortunately we dont have the money or the time to do it.:(

if someone could pitch in with High Quality models and textures...it would be awesome.

Is there anyway to learn these stuff? any sources i could possibly give it a shot.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Is there anyway to learn these stuff? any sources i could possibly give it a shot.

You can Learn 3D Modelling on 3DS MAX and texturing on Photoshop.

if you want to give it a shot, then go ahead!
who knows.....by the time we release the game, you might actually become a talented artist. :p

srk121

International Coach
You can Learn 3D Modelling on 3DS MAX and texturing on Photoshop.

if you want to give it a shot, then go ahead!
who knows.....by the time we release the game, you might actually become a talented artist. :p

lol... yes i could possibly be :p Le me download the software and give it a try.

AsadAbrar

International Coach
Profile Flag
Pakistan
@Jkarthik
If you want, I could you give you all my textures of bats I made for Cricket 07. Plus Pakistan's WC 2011 Kit too.

@All Others
Here's the rendering given by jkarthik of Mb Malik Bubber Sher which I made for Cricket 07 exported to TAOC template.
mbsher.png

----------

The grip's model could have been made better!

For Pakistan:
- Hafeez (his bowling action is like Shoaib Malik)
- Afridi
- Gul
- Wahab Riaz/Razzaq

P

pcfan123

Good luck this time and to the fans, don't delude yourself this time. It only leads to self disappointment and pressure on the developers.

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
The player model could be improved. maybe someone else can work on the player models?

You read my comments in the interview right? Graphics are going to get a complete overhaul. Expect to see this said overhaul in the FULL ALPHA. Trust me, you will be impressed. Work is already underway on this. I'll be making an announcement shortly about this.

But first things first, the ALPHA 'preview' build. It's not about the graphics, which we all know are sh*t. It's about the physics and the controls and the gameplay. What I want people to get out of this preview teaser build is to see the potential of what the final game will be like. Secondly, we hope to get some critical feedback on (not the graphics!) but the control system and the overall approach we have taken. And most of all, let us know the all important question - is it fun? :)

srk121

International Coach
You read my comments in the interview right? Graphics are going to get a complete overhaul. Expect to see this said overhaul in the FULL ALPHA. Trust me, you will be impressed. Work is already underway on this. I'll be making an announcement shortly about this.

But first things first, the ALPHA 'preview' build. It's not about the graphics, which we all know are sh*t. It's about the physics and the controls and the gameplay. What I want people to get out of this preview teaser build is to see the potential of what the final game will be like. Secondly, we hope to get some critical feedback on (not the graphics!) but the control system and the overall approach we have taken. And most of all, let us know the all important question - is it fun? :)

Yes i did read the interview. The reason why i posted was to prompt people to come forward if they are good at 3D modelling. Graphics are secondry for me as long the the core elements are correctly implemented. These last videos from March 2010 looked extremly good for 2 people work.

The idea behind this is maybe someone else could possibly help out, in 3D modelling. I have already started practising 3d modelling and seeing wether i can be any help.

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
this is March 2010 btw. so, its not the current version but comes pretty close..

Wow, those videos look amazing, especially Brett Lee's. The swing is so realistic, as opposed to Cricket 07.
I have a feeling that I have seen these videos before though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mushfiq

School Cricketer
What about Shakib Al Hasan and Abdur Razzak's Bowling actions?

Zaxotes

National Board President
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
not just the player model, but the stadiums, textures / 2D art etc....
is all below average.....

unfortunately we dont have the money or the time to do it.:(

if someone could pitch in with High Quality models and textures...it would be awesome.

I would love to jump in!

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
In order to get high quality textures and graphics I will suggest you all to make textures of 2048*2048. It will give models a new look plus for model detailing we badly need some good 3D artists.

Zaxotes

National Board President
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
don't you think putting every texture in such big res makes this game available on a dual layer dvd?!

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
don't you think putting every texture in such big res makes this game available on a dual layer dvd?!

No..Its not the issue zaxotes..
Whats the problem in getting dual layer DVD...More important thing is that you will be getting your dream Cricket game,which till now considered only to gameplay but now it is looking forward to graphics also...

In short,You are getting a complete game that any International company was unable to do till now..

Users who are viewing this thread