Story The Ashes - Replay [Second Test - Day 2]

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Seeing as I lost my notes, I'm just going to post up the match summary, and get back to business for the next Tests, perhaps in a new format.

ausvengfirsttest.jpg

D

Dutch

Well pretty convincing win for the Aussies there but at least I scored some runs. Should help my form going forward. As a captain I need to remain positive; to the rest of the team; you are crap!:D

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
the-ashes-urn.jpg
Originally Posted by Cricinfo
England v Australia, Lords, Day 1
England batsmen score big on first day
Cricinfo staff
July 16thth, 2009

England 340/5 BKB1991 81, dutchad 78, Covvy 2-87
marcus-north.jpg

Gazza_11 celebrates his first Test wicket in style

England started the day well, with dutchad winning the toss and elected to bat, on a relatively flat wicket. Dutchad lead from the front, driving, cutting, pulling his way to a marvellous 78, off only 108 balls, making the Australian bowlers look worse than ordinary. Hooper was the one who took the breakthrough, but England were still well on top at 1/122.

KG123 threw away a good start, falling LBW to Covvy, in the last over before the part time spinners game on to bowl. Fresh off 5-28, Gary123 worked in tandem with debutant Gazza_11, and Gazza's economical pressure on the batsmen, got BKB1991 to play a rash stroke, and fell for a well constructed 81.

England were well placed at 3/208 at tea, but with 2 new batsmen at the crease, they weren't in a position to press on and attack. Gary123 (0-33 after 13) and Gazza_11 (1-23 off 12) were taking off for the last hour of the day, as Jakester1288 decided to give the quicks a go with a new ball, looking to reduce England to 5-6 wickets down at stumps. Covvy struck first with the new ball, taking out LeeBishop82 for 11, the 3rd LBW out of 4 in the innings.

Short after posting his 50, Feelin Blue dismissed him for 50, caught behind by Gutterman, a nice clean catch. Wicketkeeper age of the fall and chrisdowns22 survived the remainder of the night, batting extremely quickly and aggressively, ending on 39 off 48 and 26 off 25 respectively. Australia got in 96 overs, 6 more than the required, and England are now nicely positioned at 5/340, heading into day 2, with the pitch which is still good for batting. The Australian's however, will be coming back tomorrow, looking to capitalize with a relatively new ball, unset batsmen, and looking to get into the tail and rip through them, bowling England out for under 400. Can it happen? Anything can happen. England can post 550, and not need to bat again, for all we know.

Join us tomorrow to find out, right here on Cricinfo.

D

Dutch

All-right! we seem to be hitting some form now and hopefully this will prove a basis to bring the series level. Long way to go though. we will be looking to bat as long as possible tomorrow: Hopefully we can put on another 100 to put pressure on the Aussie top order!:)

Nice write-up by the way!

Last edited by a moderator:

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Decent perfromance by me, and along with my captain, dutchad, we managed to put a good partnership. Watch out Convicts!

D

Dutch

Decent perfromance by me, and along with my captain, dutchad, we managed to put a good partnership. Watch out Convicts!

Yep! Well played sir! Hopefully this will give us confidence and form for the rest of the series!

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Guys, I'm going away for a week, knowing me, not that I'd update anyway, but just don't expect an update. Same goes for my Glamorgan story.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Marcus North took a wicket against South Africa! Paul Harris! Ah, this is my debut?

Super stuff though. I bowled quite well, Better than Gary :p

D

Dutch

Guys, I'm going away for a week, knowing me, not that I'd update anyway, but just don't expect an update. Same goes for my Glamorgan story.

nNo problems. Hope you have a good week!! Will probably turn out to be the longest test match ever!!!:)

Users who are viewing this thread