The coup that wasn't

nightprowler10

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/345037.html

The home record of West Indies in the 1980s was awe-inspiring. In 1987-88, Pakistan arrived to play a team that had not lost a series in 15 years, or a Test in ten. A whole generation had grown up not knowing what defeat meant. The Pakistanis were up against habit as much as anything else. Yet they were the most fancied to turn the tide. Imran Khan, the captain, had been persuaded by the country's President, Zia ul-Haq, to come out of retirement. Javed Miandad, who knew he would not be spoken of in hushed tones if he didn't have a century in the West Indies against his name, was waiting to set the record straight.

I absolutely loved reading this article by Suresh Menon. I've always thought that the late 80's Pakistani Test team was our best ever and, in my opinion, this proves it. I love reading about players taking a stand against the mighty Windies of that era so I found this piece particularly interesting. Others who enjoy reading about hard fought tours and David vs Goliath stories might find this enjoyable.

Its the tour that left Viv Richards in tears. Enough said.

Users who are viewing this thread