Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I will try this out , in

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
Avengers
@Verified Enigma might i suggest picking only an ODI squad on the basis of World Cup stats? Will make it even more World Cup flavoured.
We can have a T20 World Cup draft after this one
Initially i thought the same but then I wondered that it would just trim the eligible players a lot. And I do not want someone in the later rounds picking Xavier Doherty just because he couldn't find someone else.

Last edited:

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Initially i thought the same but then I wonder that would just trim the eligible players a lot. And I do not want someone in the later rounds picking Xavier Doherty just because he couldn't find someone else.
Fair enough

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Matthew Hayden

1701076904122.png

The fearsome Australian opener was a part of the World Cup winning Australian sides in 2003 and 2007. On both occasions, he opened the innings for country. Despite his reputation, his 2003 performance was very below par with him returning only 328 runs in 11 games at an average on 32. In that edition he scored a solitary half-century(88) vs the minnows Namibia.

In 2007 though, Matthew Hayden turned the tables by scoring a record breaking 659 runs at an average of 73. This stellar performance included 3 tons against South Africa, West Indies and New Zealand each. It was on the back of this marvelous run that Australia clinched their 3rd consecutive title(amid fading light) at Barbados.

A handy player that he was, his skills weren't limited to ODIs as we saw him tee off at the 2007 WT20 later that year. Hayden was instrumental in their run to the semi-final where they were thwarted by ultimate Champions India. His 265 runs from just 6 games made the the famed Aussie line-up even more fearsome in the 1st ever T20 edition in South Africa.

MatchesRunsAvgBestCatches
World Cup
22​
987​
158​
51.94​
7​
WT20
6​
265​
73*
88.33​
-

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
@Verified Enigma is there a limit of the number of persons from a team? I think there ought to be- you might have someone selecting all Aussies in their line-up otherwise.

noducksallowed

Club Captain
Man I'm so low down...but I do get 2 picks!

Btw @icyman this is a world cup squad not a T20 one so leave the T20 stats out of it fella! And your table is a bit mixed up.

Anyway, Haydos is a great pick!

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda

Users who are viewing this thread