The Hundred

The Hundred is...

• Potentially problematic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
I can't recall seeing JB struggle to time the ball quite like this. He's not the best starter sometimes, he might still click.

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
It's a bit weird how Butler, unquestionably one of the top few ball smashers in England, has managed to not be in contention for a test spot in the ball smashingest England team ever.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's a bit weird how Butler, unquestionably one of the top few ball smashers in England, has managed to not be in contention for a test spot in the ball smashingest England team ever.

Think I’ve said it before but he hasn’t really been that type of player when I watched him for England when they selected him to do exactly that and gave him plenty of freedom to do it and his county record seems to indicate the same?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Mark Ramprakash has said something like Buttler didn't 'get' batting in test cricket, like he couldn't manage the tempo or how to play. He looked at his most consistent in 2020, during the pandemic, when he didn't play any limited overs stuff and focussed almost entirely on test cricket for a few months.

You could make a case that if anyone was given freedom, which all batters seems to have now, you'd imagine it would have been him. But like @Bevab says he rarely ever did. Constantly everyone said he could be the Gilchrist for England but it never happened. Just having an arbitrary glance at innings he scored 40 plus at 100 SR twice in 100 innings. Duckett and Brook have both done that five times in 28 and 20 innings, respectively. There are three 150s (2 for Brook) in that too.

It's hard to see how he could get into the side now, whether he'd want to or not. He's got two World Cups coming up over the next 12 months anyway. His keeping is not exceptional, Ollie Pope has the same number of stumpings in six innings compared to Buttler's 70. I think Pope has more, or as many, 100s as keeper too.

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
fun fact : Ramps hoovered up 50 test picks and finished up with a bowling average instead of a batting average. And then turned up in a friendly game I was supposed to be playing in and sledged everyone like an absolute arse.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Tom Curran is gonna end up in the England team again isn't he

ezgif-com-crop-49-1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread