The Old Trick Works! Happiest Day

Hitterman

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I received my copy of Ashes Cricket 2009 two days ago. I installed the game and sadly it wasn't working. Each time, my GFX driver was stopped responding.

My specifications are:
Intel Mobile 965 Express Chipset (Shader Model 3.0)
Core2Duo 2.0GHZ
2GB DDR2 RAM
Windows Vista

After downloading (latest) drivers from Dell , I installed it and then it was also not working.

Then I lost my hope and then thought of buying a GFX Card. I ordered one ATI card before which wasn't compatible with my PC.

I also discovered that there was no PCI-E ports in my PC.Today I just went to Intel downloaded the latest driver and installed it.Now, My Game is working and working better than Demo version. I thought that I am playing this game on HD Graphic card.

I am really happy that finally I'll be able to play AC09 :)

I just wanted to tell you guys that first upgrade your graphic drivers before thinking of buying a new GFX card. This old trick really works.
:banana2

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
If you are buying graphic card to play other games in future it sound right but if for this game then you need to be shot in head. :p

Hitterman

International Coach
You are crazy Siddy!

Today I also tried to play BLIC 07 and it was running excellently. I am now playing AC09 on top level settings.

I'll be playing an online game tonight. I won't sleep ;)

10dulkar

Club Cricketer
I received my copy of Ashes Cricket 2009 two days ago. I installed the game and sadly it wasn't working. Each time, my GFX driver was stopped responding.

My specifications are:
Intel Mobile 965 Express Chipset (Shader Model 3.0)
Core2Duo 2.0GHZ
2GB DDR2 RAM
Windows Vista

After downloading (latest) drivers from Dell , I installed it and then it was also not working.

Then I lost my hope and then thought of buying a GFX Card. I ordered one ATI card before which wasn't compatible with my PC.

I also discovered that there was no PCI-E ports in my PC.Today I just went to Intel downloaded the latest driver and installed it.Now, My Game is working and working better than Demo version. I thought that I am playing this game on HD Graphic card.

I am really happy that finally I'll be able to play AC09 :)

I just wanted to tell you guys that first upgrade your graphic drivers before thinking of buying a new GFX card. This old trick really works.
:banana2
Even I have similar configuration. Mine is running smoothly only in low settings. I'm happy atleast i'm able to play the game without any money spent on upgrade :banana2.

My Graphics driver version: 6.14.0010.5029
Date: 1//21/2009 11:43:54

Is this the updated one?

Can you run the game smoothly in High/medium settings?

Last edited:

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Even I have similar configuration. Mine is running smoothly only in low settings. I'm happy atleast i'm able to play the game without any money spent on upgrade :banana2.

Date: 1//21/2009 11:43:54

Is this the updated one?

No way it that configuration. I have found a little boosting technique. Will post tomorrow after doing some more testing for all those suffering performance loss.

Hitterman

International Coach
No dude it's the old version. I was also using this and it is completely "CRAP". The latest version is 7.15.0010.1624. You won't be able to get it from Dell website because they have not posted the latest driver. You can get it from Intel website. If you are not able to find it out, I'll attach it.

Well I just discovered that I was already playing on top level settings without any problems. Played 5 online matches too. My ID is Hitterman so add me please.

I have found a little boosting technique. Will post tomorrow after doing some more testing for all those suffering performance loss.
That will be great. Some basic tips:
Increase RAM
Increase vRAM
Upgrade Drivers
Disable Aero in Vista/Win 7
Disable Anti-virus and Firewalls
Turn off background services and softwares like Daemon tools
Try to scale the resolution

Great. Now you can get on with the editor request list!
Yes that's really true. I am already working on Player Editor and I was just waiting to test it on full version.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Why are you using Daemon tools? :spy

Hitterman

International Coach
Why are you using Daemon tools?
Actually, I am not using it. I just posted those as general. I won't be downloading Daemon tools because my Internet is damn slow.

Hitterman added 0 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

maybe he just hates changing cds to play games...
I hate but AC09 DVD in in my Virtual Drive as image.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Yes that's really true. I am already working on Player Editor and I was just waiting to test it on full version.

As I've already told you that's a total waste of your time and my time. Work on one of the other editors that needs making instead.

Hitterman

International Coach
As I've already told you that's a total waste of your time and my time. Work on one of the other editors that needs making instead.
I don't know how I am wasting your time but I am also working on Config editor right now. That allows you to edit the config of the game in detailed information. I am also coding a Player Editor just to test out my skills and I am happy that nothing is going wrong with me at the moment.

About Field Editor you told me, I have not even started because I have never downloaded any Field Editor in my life. I have to spent some time with it and also with the older version of Cricket to use the older Field Editors and understanding them.

Last edited:

10dulkar

Club Cricketer
No dude it's the old version. I was also using this and it is completely "CRAP". The latest version is 7.15.0010.1624. You won't be able to get it from Dell website because they have not posted the latest driver. You can get it from Intel website. If you are not able to find it out, I'll attach it.
I Can only find the old driver mate. Can you please attach the file or send the download link?

Hitterman

International Coach
There is also a request for a savegame editor allowing difficulty and conditions to be changed.
Do you know what is the extension of savegame file? Is it the same roster file?

I Can only find the old driver mate. Can you please attach the file or send the download link?
I knew that. Intel's website is a bit complicated. Here is the link to the latest driver for Intel Mobile 965 Express Chipset (also known also GM965)

Wait, tell me your Operating system please first.

Users who are viewing this thread