Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Unlucky Dip Player 18...

upload_2020-4-14_0-57-45-png.231352

:pak: :wk: Sanaullah Khan

Nominated by
: @Na Maloom Afraad

First-class stats: 550 runs @ 13.41 (best 50*) and 62 dismissals (59 catches, 3 stumpings) in 27 matches

Sanaullah Khan played for Quetta during that time when they went about three years without winning a game. Most of the time he was tucked away down at about number eight where his inability to bat wouldn't do too much damage. Honestly, it couldn't have made things any worse: I picked one of his matches at random, and found that in it Quetta were bowled out for 51 and lost by an innings in under two days of cricket. Sounds about right.

And the player goes to... @CerealKiller

His team so far:
:pak: :ar: Wasim Haider
:ind: :bat: Raja Maharaj Singh

I like how the batting order goes bowler, keeper, batsman. It's like the old university sides on Cricket Captain.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Really? Really? Even worse than Brijal Patel?

And Anurag Thakur?

Aislabie

Ireland
Unlucky Dip Player 19...

87086.jpg

:eng: :wk: Seymour Clark

Nominated by
: @Aislabie and @Yash.

First-class stats: 0 runs @ 0.00 (best 0) and 8 dismissals (8 caught) in 5 matches

If we're looking for keepers who can't bat, then Yash and I have nominated the granddaddy of them all. Seymour Clark estimated that his highest score in any form of cricket was three - an edged single with two overthrows. He was, however, a weirdly good natural keeper, getting picked for Somerset at the age of 28 despite having never played cricket until 25, when he made up the numbers for a railway team that only had ten. Ultimately decided that driving trains was a more secure career option.

And the player goes to... @Aislabie

My team so far:
:ban: :bat: Sabbir Rahman
:sri: :bwl: Susantha Karunaratne

Could be worse - at least he can catch.[DOUBLEPOST=1586862493][/DOUBLEPOST]
Really? Really? Even worse than Brijal Patel?

And Anurag Thakur?
On the bright side, I've run the RNG and you do end up with a decent spinner in the end.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
15 years later he became BCCI President while only 41 years old
If this was still true, I would have been the happiest. Unfortunately, it is not.
Unlucky Dip Player 19...

87086.jpg

Nominated by
: @Aislabie and @Yash.

First-class stats: 0 runs @ 0.00 (best 0) and 8 dismissals (8 caught) in 5 matches

If we're looking for keepers who can't bat, then Yash and I have nominated the granddaddy of them all. Seymour Clark estimated that his highest score in any form of cricket was three - an edged single with two overthrows. He was, however, a weirdly good natural keeper, getting picked for Somerset at the age of 28 despite having never played cricket until 25, when he made up the numbers for a railway team that only had ten. Ultimately decided that driving trains was a more secure career option.

And the player goes to... @Aislabie

My team so far:
:ban: :bat: Sabbir Rahman
:sri: :bwl: Susantha Karunaratne

Could be worse - at least he can catch.
Thank God![DOUBLEPOST=1586862542][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've run the RNG a
??

Aislabie

Ireland
Unlucky Dip Player 20...

upload_2020-4-14_12-9-20.png
:sri: :bwl: Ajit de Silva

Nominated by
: @blockerdave

Test stats: 7 wickets @ 55.00 (best 2/38) in 4 matches
First-class stats: 161 wickets @ 27.44 (4 5WI, best 6/30) in 53 matches

It's becoming clear where Dave got all his nominations from, but Ajit de Silva really was a decent cricketer. Obviously his career came to an abrupt halt at the age of 30 when he flushed it all away on the ADOSA tour - he needed the money because he'd drunk all his savings. Until that point everyone expected he and Somachandra de Silva to be Sri Lanka's spinning duo for some years to come. Arjuna Ranatunga still rates him as the second-greatest spinner that Sri Lanka has ever produced.

And the player goes to... @ahmedleo414

His team so far:
:sri: :bwl: Ajit de Silva

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Unlucky Dip Player 17...

71469979.jpg

:ind: :bwl: Anurag Thakur

Nominated by
: @CerealKiller

First-class stats: 9 overs, no maidens, two for 49.

Anurag Thakur was an ambitious man; rising fast in the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association, he wanted to appoint himself as Chief Selector. The only issue with that plan was a bylaw that stated that a Chief Selector must have played first-class cricket. Ever the pragmatist, Thakur picked himself for the next Ranji game to tick that box, bowling a few overs of maybe-not-too-terrible off-breaks. And it paid off: 15 years later he became BCCI President while only 41 years old.

And the player goes to... @Yash.

His team so far:
:ken: :bat: Francis Otieno
:ind: :bwl: Anurag Thakur
@Yash. maybe he'll appoint himself umpire :D
Unlucky Dip Player 18...

upload_2020-4-14_0-57-45-png.231352

Nominated by
: @Na Maloom Afraad

First-class stats: 550 runs @ 13.41 (best 50*) and 62 dismissals (59 catches, 3 stumpings) in 27 matches

Sanaullah Khan played for Quetta during that time when they went about three years without winning a game. Most of the time he was tucked away down at about number eight where his inability to bat wouldn't do too much damage. Honestly, it couldn't have made things any worse: I picked one of his matches at random, and found that in it Quetta were bowled out for 51 and lost by an innings in under two days of cricket. Sounds about right.

And the player goes to... @CerealKiller

His team so far:
:pak: :ar: Wasim Haider
:ind: :bat: Raja Maharaj Singh

I like how the batting order goes bowler, keeper, batsman. It's like the old university sides on Cricket Captain.
At this rate, i'll have to play with 5 all-rounders.
@Na Maloom Afraad hopefully you'll get the Pakistani player i nomimated :D

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@blockerdave I do hope you haven't nominated a certain pacer from the Lankan rebel side. :spy

Looks like I could have opted to be even more obscure with my picks, all of them are pretty well known in comparison to what we've seen so far.

Samarth27.09

International Cricketer
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Users who are viewing this thread