The PERFECT GOB FILE

nails

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i keep updating my gob file very successfully with lots of peoples good work like kits , bats and stadiums etc , but sometimes it goes wrong . my idea is for someone to post a perfect updated gob file without any gameplat patches inserted as we can do these ourselves out of choice. has anyone got a perfect gob file like this they could post in the downloads section as i think its a great idea and would be very popular, many thx ,bye

MWaugh

International Coach
its a good idea but everyone has different ideas as to what is the perfect gob file. there are so many variations that i think this may be a bit hard to manage. plus the size would be huge wouldnt it?

akira2291

Club Cricketer
1. good idea, but ...

2. gob would be too huge (size over 300 MB for sure)

3. its easier to post the big and fsh files (smaller filesize)

4. its easier to put downloaded patches into root folder

5. as MWaugh says, everyone would have a differnt "perfect gob"

6. my advice: put all patches into root folder and create a txt, where you not
what file contains which patch, so you are able sort all out.

nails

Club Cricketer
yes but if u change it to the gob file so it is permanent (like kits , fields etc) the player can then just choose which patch to play with etc? ths would then be the only part u would ever have to change ...the gameplay patch of your choice , all the rest would remain perfect !!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The only current problem with just copying and pasting the big, fsh files in the cricket2005 directory is it gets messy.

But now if something screws up in the game you just delete the big or fsh file and its working again. Much easier for debugging, and saves time having to backup the gob or reinstall it.

Hero

Club Captain
aussie1st said:
The only current problem with just copying and pasting the big, fsh files in the cricket2005 directory is it gets messy.

But now if something screws up in the game you just delete the big or fsh file and its working again. Much easier for debugging, and saves time having to backup the gob or reinstall it.

Yes I have almost same thoughts in this regard.

Users who are viewing this thread