The PlanetCricket Battrick Sledging Thread

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Online Cricket Games Owned
I just want to get an indication from the top division guys about the final format, with only 3 rounds to go, a winner needs to be determined, my initial thoughts were a play-off involving the top 4, but that would take two weeks to get done, whereas simply a play-off between the top two would only be an extra week on the calender for the guys up top.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
I just want to get an indication from the top division guys about the final format, with only 3 rounds to go, a winner needs to be determined, my initial thoughts were a play-off involving the top 4, but that would take two weeks to get done, whereas simply a play-off between the top two would only be an extra week on the calender for the guys up top.

I brought this up a while ago, think only Zain responded (not too sure)

Us top division lot are the most likely to go on length cup runs and hold up the whole competition. It would be unfair to expect the other divisions to wait for us to have a two week play off on top of that.

Or you could just declare the winner of divisions one champion, whoever that may be :ninja

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Thanks, I blame exams, when I'm writing I make a mistake, when I have a day off, another mistake...

I just swapped the div 3 fixtures around, so last week was actually week 8's fixtures, this is now week 7's.

FreddieFan

International Coach

It doesn't matter, I'll win either way.

:spy

zainawan89

International Cricketer
if not 4 atleat to 2 should play a final play off to determine the champion...
if thts not possible thn whoever has more wins should win.

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
I'd prefer to have the top 4 do it, but the problem is as Ste said, its the guys in the top division that tend to go on monster cup runs, add an extra 2 weeks of play on and there's a likelihood we'll be starting next season's competition later than this one. At this point I'm leaning to the top 2 going for a final, but I'm looking to have some agreement from the rest of the top division guys.

arunj1

Club Cricketer
In div 5 fixtures, it should be Crusader v AP, not Crusader v Blind Society mate.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
I (obviously) wouldn't have a problem with most wins being declared champion, however when the comp started it was mean to have the top 4 having a play off, so some teams have altered their strategies to finish in the 4 whilst minimising PF loss, rather than go for the out and out group win.

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
How about we end it within this season so we can start fresh with commited teams and not practically run this competition into the ground

ansariaamir_leo

International Cricketer
How about we end it within this season so we can start fresh with commited teams and not practically run this competition into the ground
Even this sounds fair...

The teams which wish to participate can always stay...

Users who are viewing this thread