The recent events in the Cricket Chat Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander999

ICC President
*Firstly just a note to the mods. I would prefer if this would be kept open if people are sensible but if people start abusing one another this should be closed*

After reading through what has been happening in the Cricket Chat Forum I have to say I have been ashamed of the behaviour of some of our members, Indian and Australian alike. The insults that have been thrown around have been way out of order, no matter what happened in the Second Match no matter how you feel about it.

It really opened my eyes to how immature some people are and how the anonymity of the computer results in them saying things they would never dare say to the members face to face. Those people who said all those things should be deeply ashamed of themselves, abusing mods, racist comments etc etc. By dividing the forum you have caused a massive amount of damage which I hope time can heal.

I am thoroughly ashamed of you guys, speaking not as a Brit but as a human being. You shouldn't let issues about skin colour or racist comments divide us like this again. There is no place for racism in this world and no place for it on this forum. I hope I never see something like that again

Last edited:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
It was surprising and difficult to read. And much of it I didn't read because it's not worth my time.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The Australians needed a medium to release their frustrations, similarly with the Indians. The two could read each other's comments though (it is a forum after all) and they weren't particularly happy with them, so it all came to a head and more than 3,000 posts in two days.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Good little post you got there.

Vcassano

Club Cricketer
Visually it actually is quite difficult to read. The boldened text at the beginning attracts the eyes and because of it's colour change, makes the rest of the post harder to read than a post in just normal text. There aren't any complex words at all. But I imagine that wasn't sohummisra's point :D.

That said, I agree thoroughly with the original poster. Many posters who I considered intelligent and polite have gone way down in my estimation and the general bad feeling has spread throughout the Cricket chat area, unfortunately.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Not really, forums are for discussions and stuff. People should not take any kinda offence, and just go on. If they don't link anything they should report.

And I i dont find the first post hard to read either.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
lol nice blue colour change jock friend ;).

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Heh, I disagree forums are a place to spew abuse. Isn't that what you should do with friends in real life?

I agree though. This should be a place of serious discussion, and a lot of members have gotten very aggressive and inflamatory. Lots of shocking stuff posted too. And people have become very touchy and sensitive over the whole racial issue again, especially over the word Monkey. You can't say that it is a generally harmless term anymore. Whole thing has become very uptight and sticky...

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Tom, whats the point of this thread? It seems like you think your superior to us or something.

My response is....And?

Were you involved? If you were an Australian/Indian you would understand.

Oh and I would say anything I said to an Indians face...I will probably be doing it when I go to the WACA Test match.

Highlander999

ICC President
Tom, whats the point of this thread? It seems like you think your superior to us or something.

Completely wrong. I'm not that arrogant.

My response is....And?

Were you involved?

I think I have a right to comment when the cricket chat forum is getting completely ruined by idiots slinging pretty immature insults around.

Oh and I would say anything I said to an Indians face...I will probably be doing it when I go to the WACA Test match.

Then I hope you enjoy your broken nose.

I don't want to fall out with you, but how can you feel the stuff in those threads was appropriate. And don't say it's an Aussie/Indian thing. I spoke to many Aussies and Indians and they also thought what was said was out of order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread