The Reintegration Thread

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ha, trust the Daily Fail and Fox to provide a nice non-sensationalist balanced fair reasonable opinion on the subject. If I had a hat, it would be tipped forever in their direction for their services to journalism.

*boom*

Apologies, my sarcasm machine just broke.

Owzat

International Coach
You have to assume there is some motivation of $$$$, I am surprised he decided to axe ODIs though as he's been a member of the no 1 ranked Test side, of the T20 World Cup winners yet hasn't even reached a 50 over World Cup final.

And of course assuming he will stick with IPL and other money spinning T20 tournaments, surely the shorter format would tie in better?

Pietersen

85 Tests, 6779 runs @ 49.12 (SR 62.80, 100 x20)
127 ODIs, 4184 runs @ 41.84 (SR 86.75, 100 x9)
36 T20Is, 1176 runs @ 37.94 (SR 141.52, 100 x0)

Do I buy into the age reason, letting younger players prepare for the next World Cup? Not really, unless he intended retiring sometime time closer to, but still before, the World Cup which I doubt. Maybe he's just backing up his philosophy with actions, but surely England should decide what policies they employ?

In some ways I think England would be better off without him, like the football team without Beckham and arguably even Liverpool without Gerrard.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
When you look at the ODIs England has lined up this summer, you have to think that an easier lifestyle wouldn't suck. Even if he plays for Surrey during the next 10 ODIs, it's still a lot less time on the road. I don't see too much argument for IPL, because it was never under threat from England limited overs games. It might make him available for other tournaments, but I'm not really sure there's as much money in them as there is in playing limited overs for England.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Gutted that he has retired, wish they could have come to an agreement. Will miss watching him playing odi and 20=20 for england, most exciting batsmen ive ever seen. A sad day for cricket.

Jine

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Man....wat really happened to him....i never thought he will retire in this age....
World lost him....he is superb player...:facepalm

Sureshot

Executive member
Will be a good test of ECBs 'rules'. Here's arguably your best T20 guy, but he only wants to play T20, not ODIs. Will the ECB change the rule?? Can they change them or is it legal? What if KP gives up his central contract? Not sure he'd pick T20 internationals over Test cricket. There's hardly enough of them, and the pay is no better than Tests.

His central contract will disappear when it runs out, as far as I understand.

I'd hate to see the ECB change the rules for one player, even if I don't particularly agree with the rules.

When you look at the ODIs England has lined up this summer, you have to think that an easier lifestyle wouldn't suck. Even if he plays for Surrey during the next 10 ODIs, it's still a lot less time on the road. I don't see too much argument for IPL, because it was never under threat from England limited overs games. It might make him available for other tournaments, but I'm not really sure there's as much money in them as there is in playing limited overs for England.

If Australia come that is, this contracts issue is interesting.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Gutted that he has retired, wish they could have come to an agreement. Will miss watching him playing odi and 20=20 for england, most exciting batsmen ive ever seen. A sad day for cricket.

Err today?!? Alive? Not in prison?

What the deuce!

Sod KP retiring, how are you old boy?

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Err today?!? Alive? Not in prison?

What the deuce!

Sod KP retiring, how are you old boy?

Hello mate, hello everyone! Long time no see, hope you're all well. :yes

I'm good thanks, been taking a break from cricket games since... the last time i posted here playing internation cricket 10. :eek:

I now play battlefield 3 mainly, even setup my own website/community/bf3 server etc. Might as well plug it should anyone here be ineterested in bf3.

Conquest24/7 - Clan site - Home

Back on topic,

I hope he comes out of retirement, love watching him bat in all forms of cricket.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
I've been reading that KP said he wanted to not play ODIs anymore BUT due to the terms of his contract he can't play t20s either, so he seems to have been retired. Then again, KP must have known the rules and the stipulations, I go back to my original comment: This is the IPL effect.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Typical... The_Gas returns and he's here to sell something, knew there would be an alterior motive :p

I reckon Gas and Nixon have been secretly married for the last few years.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors

LOL at Vaughan. As if KP writing down his intent to play in the Ashes next year means anything...What is this fascination people have with writing things down?? KP presumably wrote his name on a central contract stating that he'd be available for ODIs and T20Is - look how that went Michael. Things change over time and for KP to promise that he's going to play in next year's Ashes come what may is pure fortune telling.

Users who are viewing this thread