PlanetCricket Award Winner
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Pick 3: Gordon Greenidge
Nominated By: @ahmedleo414
Received By: @Ed Smith's Basement
1629782040962.png
With Aislabie shooting himself in the foot with his sneaky Jack Leach, trust it to be the other Brit who got the good luck. Greenidge was one of the greatest openers ever to play the game of cricket, averaging 45 in every format he played, and he was also able to accelerate hard when necessary. His only weakness is running between the wickets, but as Inzamam isn't an opener, this should not be a difficulty.

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Pick 4: Nawaz Sharif
Nominated by: @CerealKiller
Received by: @Mittal2002
1629782267066.png
One of the few FC players to have served more years in office (13) than scored runs (0), you have here a three-time Pakistani president who also made a single first class appearance. A high class nomination from CerealKiller. That said, this portion of the draft does get worse... somehow

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Pick 5: Wayne Larkins
Nominated By: @Ed Smith's Basement
Received By: @ddrap14
1629782436580.png
Larkins was a player who had true attacking instincts, but without the full maturity to use them for good. 59 first class hundreds, however, suggests that he could definitely catch on fire when required. As for his off field instincts...
In Australia, however, he was best remembered as the worst-possible room-mate for the young and impressionable larrikin-in-the-making, Phil Tufnell.

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Pick 6: Maharajah of Viz... I'll just call him Vizzy
Nominated By: @Mittal2002
Received By: @CerealKiller
1629782619249.png
Oh dear, Mittal and CerealKiller nominated the two worst players in this draft section and then straight swapped them. CerealKiller gets the worst deal by far as while Nawaz had some leadership skills, Vizzy... didn't. I'll now defer to @VC the slogger 's writeup on him as I'm not knowledgeable enough to make anything better, and it's a good summary of why he may be the single worst player in this draft (or in cricket's history).
1629782814481.png

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Pick 7: Shahid Afridi
Nominated By: @mohsin7827
Received By: Self Receival
1629782921397.png
Four of the next six picks are self-receivals, starting with Mohsin getting back a guy who he seems to have a lower opinion of than most. Sure he has weaknesses - neither his batting skills nor his temperament are built for Test cricket - but not only is he a good all-rounder, he could make a team in this draft on bowling alone- and considering I already know Aislabie or someone similar will nominate the likes of Emile McMaster, bowling in the top order could be vital.

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Pick 8: Aakash Chopra
Nominated By: @Parth D
1629783135997.png
Just as we thought Chopra's time was coming back in 2003, Yuvraj Singh pushed him out of the team. But that's not to say he wasn't a good player. He was very good at building an innings, had a first class high score of 301*, and was a handy fieldsman to boot. Parth won't be upset about receiving his own nomination this time, I think.

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Pick 9: Suruj Ragoonath
Nominated by: @Neptune
1629783350183.png
I must say I'd never heard of Ragoonath before Saturday, and his first class average of 29 is not inspiring. Like Larkins, his issue is not taming his aggression- the difference being Larkins sort of made the step up to Tests, while Ragoonath - 4 innings, average 4.33 - did not at all.

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Pick 10: Murali Vijay
Nominated By: @sanchitgarg
Received By: @Till Valhalla
1629783496961.png
Vijay's a good player- he plays with style, can score hugely (he once put on 462 with Abhinav Mukund at Ranji Trophy level) and can outscore the likes of Rohit Sharma... on his day. His weakness is his inconsistency; he can look like James Anderson with the bat if he isn't on on a particular day. Could be worse, though.

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Pick 11: Shikhar Dhawan
Nominated By: @Till Valhalla
Received By: @ahmedleo414
1629783626910.png
Another Indian limited overs team stalwart, Shikhar Dhawan's had success at Test level too, averaging 40 across his career and managing to disrupt the powerful opening pair of Sehwag and Gambhir through beautiful strokeplay. A very solid opening.
Post automatically merged:

Pick 12: Brijal Patel
Nominated By: @Yash.
1629783772806.png
Patel is a very good fieldsman. So much so, maybe we should have considered him for the Aislabie One Day Draft for 12th man. Unfortunately, that's when you remember his batting, which is also fairly important for a 12th man. A lovely first class average of 7, and a huge backfire for Yash.

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Pick 8: Aakash Chopra
Nominated By: @Parth D
View attachment 254672
Just as we thought Chopra's time was coming back in 2003, Yuvraj Singh pushed him out of the team. But that's not to say he wasn't a good player. He was very good at building an innings, had a first class high score of 301*, and was a handy fieldsman to boot. Parth won't be upset about receiving his own nomination this time, I think.
Thank you. He will also be our coach cum mentor.

Really looking forward with a team full of best commentators and presentors and analysts.

Neptune

Panel of Selectors
Avengers
Well, that backfired spectacularly. Good that I did not go for a Vizzy type player atleast ig

Users who are viewing this thread