The Simpsons Mafia - Game Over : TOWN WIN > Player Reviews

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Town won, well played townies! :cheers MaD and Hedger, you guys ran this game really well, enjoyed it a lot. I agree, that I might have not used my role properly but I must say that I've learned a lot about mafia games from this game. Cheers and yeah it's time to party. ;)

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Enjoyed the game. It was well handled, didnt feel like it was run by people managing it for the first time. :thumbs

ARay

County Cricketer
Great job MaD and Hedger.
Really enjoyed this game.
I think I should be the one to blame in many ways for our early game fault.
I actually ended up defending abhas :facepalm
Meeh, but I guess in the end when varun and riz started posting more, I got my clues.
I want to comment in general about my fellow players.
Abhas: You better be townie next game -.-
You are truly a difficult person to read. But i think you are definitely an awesome player.

Chewie: Great game in helping support the town. Kept his head when everyone was losing theirs.

User: Maaaan, Next time you are a doc, dont hint :p Just dont okay! :p

Aditya: Apologies, for pushing you in the end. But to be honest with you last thing I expected was an arsonist who is town aligned. i was quite convinced that you were not mafia in the end game. I Just had the lingering doubt about you because of your role.

Bevab: I know its your first game. But please try to start analyzing more independently. Don't just support any lynches because everyone is voting a single. Look for clues and see if it makes sense.

Riz: I think I became aware of you being mafia right after yudi lynch. I dont remember, but it was something you said that had my radars on against you.
Its a pity I didn't act on my instincts sooner. It was a toss up between you and BKB and I went for BKB because he really was not posting much and it felt more suspicious.

BKB: apologizes for your lynch, since I was the one who initiated it. THough I should say my sole intention was pressuring you. Never expected the town to lynch you off =/

Yudi: Meeeeeh, role claim next time :p

Varun: I think you played an alright game till the end. You managed to stay out of the spotlight for decent amount of time. In the end I guess, once everyone role claimed you really didnt have anywhere to hide. So I don't blame you.

okay I know I am missing people here :p
Well don't mind if you dont get a mention, its 2 am here right now and I am sleepy XD

As for my own game, I think I nearly slaughtered my own town single handedly with my lynches on yudi and BKB. I guess I deserved to die in the end for that :p
But I am glad townies have won this game. I think this is the first townie win ever in this site. So it is a rare sight!
Congratulations to all the winner! One of these days I shall win :p

----------

[/COLOR]Though you screwed the Abhas thing. Chewie and Aditya knew me and Riz as mafia since Abhas was lynched.

Wait what! just reading this. When did that happen?
Is that why there was a clamp down on the night post?
jeezz I deserved to see it too :p I had to read through 10 pages of discussion to find out varun is mafia.
And both of them knew in a few minutes! =O
Noooooooooooooooo! Sniff :p

Varun

ICC Board Member
I killed you because I knew it won't be any use killing any other guy since you'd be switching one of the guys with me/riz. :p
I had no choice.

Chewie

BCCI President
Well to be honest, I knew Riz was mafia, and of the others I was leaning towards Varun being mafia. His role claim didn't add up at all.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
I was more suspicious of Varun being the mafia. That's why I fos'ed him but as the rest 2 townies, Bevab and Chewie lynched Riz I thought I should join the party as well. :p It was obvious in the end that Riz and Varun both were mafia's.

Chewie

BCCI President
Well you could tell from the second to last night, as Varun and Riz both voted for you, while the rest of us went for Abhas, the godfather.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Good to see the town win. Was a nice game, a bad one for me though. Have been playing some games at EpicMafia.com and have quite nicely understood how the game works and also the importance of role-claims. :p

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Congrats for the Townies for the win, excellent game from everyone, apart from a few (Yudi? :p )

We would have won had I not made some mistakes, which proved too costly in the end.
1. Lynching off my mafia associate.
2. Missing the lynch of Chewie. It didn't occur to me that there could be a bulletproof vest in there, otherwise I had everything else covered. Had he died, we would have won for sure.

We had figured out on the first night itself that Mark was the cop, User was the doc, and ARay was the bus driver, so that helped in the decisions about our lynches. Though, in hindsight, I feel I gave ARay a bit to much time to live :p

Special mention for Chewie, Though it was obvious to us that he was the tracker, he hid his bulletproof vest to perfection, clinching the town victory.

Varun and Riz did very well as mafia and we saved each other on numerous occasions. Great game guys :)

Well done to the mods as well for running the game successfully, and apart from that small glitch at the end, it was pretty well run.
The writeups were confusing, but at the same time, were able to reveal a lot about the roles and the characters. Personally, I didn't even bother reading some of the writeups because we had everything chalked out already ;)

I'm not a good Mafia player, and I know that.. It's tough ignoring blaring facts :p

----------

One thing that I felt was a bit overdone was the roles..
There was actually no vanilla townie in the game!
When so many people have roles, it becomes much easier to decipher things. The writeups become all the more obvious.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
that was a good game of mafia, and i knew bevab had some sort role. but i thought he would be a cult cop. i remember marge being the cop and i think this was hinted in the previous night's writeup. "her clothes matched her hair" i think... or am i just imagining this :p

ARay

County Cricketer
Though, in hindsight, I feel I gave ARay a bit to much time to live :p

Meeeh, I was right to lynch you off the first day itself. :spy
You are way too dangerous to keep as a player in this game :p
I agree, I expected to be killed earlier in the game.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Yeah, we wanted everyone to be interested so we had a lot of roles. We did have a few vanilla townies but we didn't get enough members in the end so we just cut down the number of vanilaa townies. We were also going to put in a Cult and Individual Aligned but again not enough members joined so we had to cut it down.

Chewie

BCCI President
Having a bulletproof vest was so handy :D

MaD

Chairman of Selectors
Player Reviews

BKB1991 - Less input at the beginning caused people to become suspicious, although it was a rather inexperienced lynch from the town. I understand you had exams, so can;t expect much, however next time, to prove yourself to the town, analysing the write ups and putting out your word is what I suggest.

Mark - Not enough activity, for whatever reasons so can't really say much. The cop role really requires more time so you can pressure the person you investigated, if they came out as Mafia, without implying that you're the cop, so probably not the best role for you at the time.

Riz7khan12 - tbh, i really liked that role claim, made me wish i'd put in that type of role, however I think a role claim of Ned Flanders would have probably helped out more as Michael D'Amico is an extremely unpopular character, good try though. Overall, you did raise a few eyebrows, with those sneaky :p's and a few other comments, try to act more like the town. Revealing User role, saying "Hi Dr Nick", seemed a little un-town like, maybe if you said, "shh User" or somethin.

Yudi - I'm a tad disappointed tbh, good thing you've learnt how to play the game now. Role-claiming is not "cowardly" it's tactical and life saving, especially as you had the role of Homer Simpson. The Double Voter role could have come in handy.

Aditya - Not the best use of your role, I understand you didn't want to kill townies, but you only had a 20% success rate, so maybe if you targeted people you were suspicious of, or others were suspicious of. I know you were unaware of your hidden role (I think it was a 20% increase of chance after every attempted kill). Should have probably implied that you only had a 20% chance of killing for your role claim, because people forgot about that and began to believe that you were a vigilante. Decent game

User2010 - Well, you know what you did wrong. You were actually the REAL doctor and I don't think you should have given away your role like that, even if Riz and Varun gave it away, you gave a huge hint. People should learn from your mistake, don't blatantly give away your role if it is such a power role, not even a hint. Hints should only be given if you're a lost player or something, and then you were forced to roleclaim. In the end you couldn't do much because you had to die anyway. Good game, helped the town, unlucky, and a little silly :p

Varun - Well I think you played a pretty good game, made ARay believe that you were town aligned, you had a good roleclaim because you were the role blocker any way. Played a more defensive game, staying out of sight, only got active after your roleclaim. I'd suggest analysing writeups, pretending to help the town, but not enough to give yourself away, so you don't raise too many suspicions. Pretty decent game

Bevab - Probably the most improved player, however I don't believe you have enough experience to run your own game. Definitely seemed shaky at the start but some good contribution around the end. You need to remember to keep your cool and not get to pissed about things. Also, their was nothing that I was really making up, but you were right, I was trying to create more confusion because I could see it leaning towards the towns side. The "Ninja" thing was made up, because the ninja was really the god father, although people should have picked that up because of the "unique moustache." Fair game, play 1 or 2 more before you try to run your own.

Meet - Maybe if you post in the thread, it'll help :p

ARay - Now ARay, probably played the best townie game, however nobody played the sensational game imo. You did well to analyse the writeups without Simpsons knowledgeable, and i'm pretty sure you even found the whole Mafia characters, too bad their wasn't much attention on that. i don;t blame you for your lynches on Yudi and BKB because your Yudi lynch was farely logical, Yudi's mistake for dying and your BKB lynch was just pressure, silly town for blindly following you HOWEVER, what you did on the last night was a little disappointing. I believe you predicted that Varun was going to target Aditya but really, I don't think you needed to that. Anyhow, probably the best player, so props for that, great game.

Abhas - A great game from you however you did make a mistake of being slightly less active, which probably raised suspicions. Also surprised you kept ARay in for so long, that could've probably turned the game around because he is an extremely smart player. I have no idea why you went for Callum... Other than that, a great game from you too, probably didn't expect to be lycnhed so suddenly, but that was good play on ARay's part.

Chewie - Did play a good game, helped the town however I do believe you could've spread the word about Riz a bit more. Not so blatantly but at least some pressure, maybe you did that, maybe I missed it. Good game imo, used your role well, good job.

CG123 - Rather unlucky to be killed by Abhas, although maybe he can say why? Not much to analyse since you weren't in for long.

Well that took longer than expected

Users who are viewing this thread