The Simpsons Mafia - Game Over : TOWN WIN > Player Reviews

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
User2010 - Well, you know what you did wrong. You were actually the REAL doctor and I don't think you should have given away your role like that, even if Riz and Varun gave it away, you gave a huge hint. People should learn from your mistake, don't blatantly give away your role if it is such a power role, not even a hint. Hints should only be given if you're a lost player or something, and then you were forced to roleclaim. In the end you couldn't do much because you had to die anyway. Good game, helped the town, unlucky, and a little silly

Yeah, I was actually a complete doc. Wish I never read the description of Dr. Nick on wikipedia where it stated Dr. Nick to be incompetent. I really believed I was insane and would rather end up killing the person instead of protecting him. I actually didn't have much options left than to throw away my role. Disappointed as I had a very useful role but couldn't make full use of it.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
I wanted to keep ARay in the game because if he goes, I knew the activity would drop. I have been fairly busy with stuff so I knew I couldn't put in much time towards this. What's the fun of playing the game If there arent any active players. I know ray's one of the best players in the game, and it would be slack on him to kill him 1st night, just for being good. Besides, I thought he might be protected.
The callum lynch was a big mistake, but I seriously believed he would just be a regular townie, since I couldn't sense anything from his posts. We had investigated user to be townie, and decided to poison him, so that left me with no clues about the next target. Unfortunate, but that's how life rolls.

Varun

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Varun - Well I think you played a pretty good game, made ARay believe that you were town aligned, you had a good roleclaim because you were the role blocker any way. Played a more defensive game, staying out of sight, only got active after your roleclaim. I'd suggest analysing writeups, pretending to help the town, but not enough to give yourself away, so you don't raise too many suspicions. Pretty decent game

True. I didn't 'analyse' the writeups more carefully, and I think that got me, though the bulletproof vest of Chewie really spoilt our plans.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
Riz7khan12 - tbh, i really liked that role claim, made me wish i'd put in that type of role, however I think a role claim of Ned Flanders would have probably helped out more as Michael D'Amico is an extremely unpopular character, good try though. Overall, you did raise a few eyebrows, with those sneaky 's and a few other comments, try to act more like the town. Revealing User role, saying "Hi Dr Nick", seemed a little un-town like, maybe if you said, "shh User" or somethin.

thanks for that, although i couldn't claim as Ned since chewie found me around user and they had the inclination that i was mafia. and user made it pretty obvious that he was dr.nick anyone could figure it out. lol i brought up the exact same pic that was on his role :D

and about the don being ninja; you dont normally associate old Italians as being ninjas. :p

Chewie

BCCI President
Well you were 'squealing' so I knew you were the squealer...

ARay

County Cricketer

ARay - Now ARay, probably played the best townie game, however nobody played the sensational game imo. You did well to analyse the writeups without Simpsons knowledgeable, and i'm pretty sure you even found the whole Mafia characters, too bad their wasn't much attention on that. i don;t blame you for your lynches on Yudi and BKB because your Yudi lynch was farely logical, Yudi's mistake for dying and your BKB lynch was just pressure, silly town for blindly following you HOWEVER, what you did on the last night was a little disappointing. I believe you predicted that Varun was going to target Aditya but really, I don't think you needed to that. Anyhow, probably the best player, so props for that, great game.

Well the reason, I chose chewie and varun was because. I knew Varun had the killing role. I also knew chewie was the tracker. I was hoping that if Varun tries targeting chewie, it would be switched to someone else. I knew chewie had 50/50 chance tracking aditya or bevab. Because of the arsonist claim I expected aditya to be individual aligned.
So this is how I thought it out. Switch varun and chewie.
Chewie will be saved from any targetting. Varun will switch to chewie's target (hoping chewie would go for aditya). This was done all under the assumption that varun had two kill shots. I knew I was going to die, and wanted with a bit of luck to take the possible individual aligned player.
Meeeeh, didn't turn out the way I hoped but I can take it :p

----------

I wanted to keep ARay in the game because if he goes, I knew the activity would drop. I have been fairly busy with stuff so I knew I couldn't put in much time towards this. What's the fun of playing the game If there arent any active players. I know ray's one of the best players in the game, and it would be slack on him to kill him 1st night, just for being good. Besides, I thought he might be protected.

Awwwwwh man, thanks for letting me enjoy this game then. :)

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I decided of a mafia game, but since I need some more experience, I'll think of it later. If anybody wants to pair up, I'll be happy to agree to it.

Nearly all characters, roles sorted out.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Sorry Bevab but I don't think you should run a game just yet. You probably need at least another game or two of experience.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Aditya - Not the best use of your role, I understand you didn't want to kill townies, but you only had a 20% success rate, so maybe if you targeted people you were suspicious of, or others were suspicious of. I know you were unaware of your hidden role (I think it was a 20% increase of chance after every attempted kill). Should have probably implied that you only had a 20% chance of killing for your role claim, because people forgot about that and began to believe that you were a vigilante. Decent game

Well, I completely agree. Nice review there, Mad. :)

Varun

ICC Board Member
And even if he runs a game, he could run it in collaboration with some other guy. I'll be ready to mod a game if required. :thumbs

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Yeah, even I was thinking to run a mafia game but I still don't have enough experience to run a mafia game. Even if a run a mafia game it wont be interesting. If any member wants to run a game with me, I'll be happy (I can just prepare the roles). :p

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
And even if he runs a game, he could run it in collaboration with some other guy. I'll be ready to mod a game if required. :thumbs

Ya, would agree to that. A partnership of being a mod will work out well with me, and I'm pretty sure that I can learn a lot from there.

Its a pity I can't sign up in MafiaSum.com until my this year birthday.

Users who are viewing this thread