Harry Potter Mafia - The End! Abhas/Death Eaters win!

Abhas

Retired Administrator
That was another reason why I was pretty sure it was p23456789 - his English isn't good enough to make it seem like he was someone else :p

True, I thought if I posted as somebody else and it sounded like my posts then my cover would be blown. Thanks to chewie for lynching me off, that was the trigger that made Abhas a mafia.

2 words. Lynch: username. :p

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Anyway, I might as well reveal my role as Snape. I came up as mafia if investigated and I had the role of reviving one player at any time of the game. I didn't see the point in using it so early though so I never used it as I died on the second night.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
wow that could have been rather useful. I would have thought Snape would be the lie-detector using his verit-whatever its called

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
The Spin said:
You are Harry Potter, Team Hogwarts aligned Boy Who Lived

Being the only person known to ever survive the Avada Kedavra killing curse, you are quite a celebrity and seen as a leader of the resistance of Hogwarts. You survived it once and you are sure you could survive it again! Unfortunately, only once more.

You have a one-shot protection from being killed by any means. After that, you are as voulnerable as anyone else!

Because of the death of your parents, you have a deep desire to see Voldemort killed.

You win when all threats to Hogwarts have been eliminated and if you survive till the end.

Hidden Roles: After being found by his parents, has the ability to communicate with them in the night (and will find out who they are). After the death of Nagini (Bevab), will find out that he is a horcrux and so has to be killed once before Voldemort can die. After being killed once to destroy the horcrux, if he puts a lynch vote on Voldemort then the number of votes required to lynch will be half that of normal (rounded down).

User2010 was Harry Potter. His original reaction to this role went along the lines of 'Surely Harry should be more powerful!!!', but as you can see, a character who really progressed as the game went along. Proved crucial at certain points, like lynching Hedger towards the end. On the other hand, User really needed to get killed quicker in the first place - his fake claim was too good it seemed.

The Spin said:
You are Ron Weasley, Team Hogwarts aligned Ginger Adventurer

You may not have Hermione's brains or Harry's... destiny, but you have an awful lot of courage and are always prepared for a challenge. If there is something to be snooped out, you are prepared to go and try to do it.

Each night, you may PM me to follow another player. You will be able to work out what alignment that player is, like a detective.

You win when all threats to Hogwarts have been eliminated and if you survive till the end.

Aditya was Ron. Essentially the sane cop. Perhaps didn't have the impact it ought to.

The Spin said:
You are Hermione Granger, Team Hogwarts aligned know-it-all

Your thirst for knowledge in unmatched and you blast through books, homework and tests easily. So easily, in fact, that you have plenty of time to read around.

In particular, you remember three spells from extra reading in the past. These are:
- Ferula
- Furnunculus
- Waddiwassi
- Ennervate
- Scruge
Unfortunately, you can't actually remember what any of these do...

Each night, you may PM to me a spell to cast and a target to cast it on. You cannot use the same spell on two consecutive nights and you cannot choose the same target on two consecutive nights.

Hidden: Ferula = doctor. Furnunculus = silence for one day. Waddiwassi = Unroleblock . Ennervate = protect from non-killing action. Scruge = kill any ghost (essentially, only Harry's parents).

ARay was Hermione, the Jack of all Trades. As you can see, some roles were much more useful than others. Everyone thought there must be a doctor, but ARay was the closest we had. I would have liked to see this one survive further.

The Spin said:
You are Molly Weasley, Team Hogwarts-aligned Caring Weasley Mother

As far as you're concerned, the Death Eaters have tried to attack your family personally. Now you want to fight for some revenge.

During the day, your vote will count double as two votes. Why? Because mother always knows best!

You win when all threats to Hogwarts are eliminated and if you survive till the end.

Hidden: If both of her children are killed whilst she survives, she will get a one-shot kill to be used at any time.

BKB was Molly, the double voter. As a balance in there, could have had a kill, but survived till the bitter end and so didn't

The Spin said:
You are James and Lily Potter, Team Ghost-aligned Harry's Brave Parents
You are Harry Potter's parents, James and Lily, who died to save him from Voldemort the first time around. Your love for your son is as strong as anything.

Every night, you may PM a whisper to me, which may be any message. Whoever is Harry Potter will receive the message, but will not know where it came from. You are strictly prohibited from revealing that you sent the message and doing so will see you mod-killed.

You win if Harry Potter is still alive at the end of the game, regardless of whether you are alive or not.

Hidden: Once found, can communicate every night with Harry.

CG123 was James and Lily. Yes, you can be more than one person! This one had an interesting win condition, being tied solely to User, especially since User knew he had to kill himself in order to win. In the end, he survived a long time but didn't quite manage it. Whilst self-aligned, was basically a townie.

The Spin said:
You are Fred and George Weasley, Team Hogwarts-aligned Identical Pranksters.

With your own successful business (partly thanks to Harry) setup, you are already defying the belief of your mother that you would amount to nothing. Now you are back at Hogwarts, the school you never quite finished attending, to defend the place you learnt your trade.

At night, you can PM me with the names of two other players. You will prank them by causing them to target the other person's target with their action that night, rather than their original target. (i.e. You target A and B. A was going to do something to C and B was going to do something to D. Now, A will target D and B will target C). Of course, being good pranksters, they will never know they have been fooled!

You win when all threats to Hogwarts are eliminated and if you survive till the end.

Chewie was Fred and George, the Bus Driver. Yes, you can still be more than one person! Turned into one of the most important roles in the entire game, which I found quite surprising, but an excellent use of the role.

The Spin said:
You are Professor Trelawney, Team Hogwarts aligned Wierd Divination Teacher

You have a penchant for looking into your tea leaves and making startling discoveries about people and their fates, particularly the students (one of whom always seems destined to die!)

Every night, you may PM me the name of another player. You will gaze into a crystal ball and be told which side they are on.

If you need any help, please PM me.

Papa Smurf was Trelawney, the paranoid cop. Worked out very quickly, so it didn't have the destabilising effect which it could have had in the wrong hands. Combined with the Weasley twins, had a good positive effect.

The Spin said:
You are Professor Dumbledore, Team Hogwarts aligned Head with impressive beard.

You are known for being one of the greatest wizards of all-time and incredibly wise and full of wisdom to go with it, as well as being notoriously defensive of your school. You are also a great reader of people and that may help in this battle.

Each night, you may take a quote from the thread and PM it to me to find out whether it is true or false. However, you cannot find out alignments in this way (e.g. You can't use your power on a post saying 'I am town' or 'I am not mafia' or anything similar).

Mark was Dumbledore, the Lie Detector - plain and simple. Didn't use the role for a number of days, which was a bit of a waste, and ended up being misleading when he did!

The Spin said:
You are Mad-Eye Moody, Team Hogwarts-aligned Scary Order of the Phoenix Member

You were locked away one year when you were supposed to be teaching at Hogwarts, thanks to the Death Eaters. You are still after them, though, with your whizzing magical eye.

At night, you can PM me with the name of one player who your eye will follow. You will be told who they targetted with last night's action.

Varun was Mad-Eye Moody, the Tracker (or whatever the technical term may be, I know it became a talking point during the game). I haven't got much to say on this one!

The Spin said:
You are Professor Snape, Team Hogwarts aligned Evil-looking Potions Teacher.

All these years you have been working with Dumbledore and protecting Hogwarts, but still anyone looking for someone to suspect will turn to you. If you are investigated, you will appear as Professor Snape, Death-Eater aligned Evil Looking Potions Teacher.

However, being an expert when it comes to potions, you managed to whip up one batch of Reviving potion before the war broke out. You may, at any point in the game, PM me with the name of a dead player who will then be brought back to life. They will return to the game at the beginning of the next day phase.

Hedger was Snape, the Miller Reviver. The mafia did well to kill him early on this one, with the power to revive he could have been very important.

The Spin said:
You are Rubeus Hagrid, Team Hogwarts-aligned Lovable Giant Groundskeeper

You are everyone's best pal Hagrid, the oaf who lives in a hut in the grounds of Hogwarts. You have always said you'd do your all to help protect Hogwarts, but have always seemed to be totally useless.

You are a vanilla player, with no role. You do, however, have your voice and vote which could prove to be the most powerful weapons of all!

Hidden: If he is alive when Dumbledore dies, his anger will allow him one kill at any time.

MaD was Hagrid, the Vanilla. I know you were convinced he must have a role, but he didn't, as it happened. Died early, so not much effect on the game. The kill couldn't be used - another one of the balances I put in the game.

The Spin said:
You are Lord Voldemort, Death-Eater aligned He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named

After waiting many years, the time has now come for you to take total control of the wizarding world. The last, main bastion of resistance being Hogwarts, which you are ready to sieze for your self by killing those in your path. In particular, you want vengeance on Harry Potter for defying you the first time around.

You are the leader of the Death Eaters, also including: Bellatrix Lestrange (paki007), Nagini (Bevab) and Lucius Malfoy (p23456789). You may talk to your fellow death eaters here: HP Mafia - QuickTopic free message board hosting

Ginny Weasley, Team Hogwarts aligned Harry's Lover Girl. You may also use this as a safe roleclaim.

Him being a Horcrux, something which your sould is tied to, you are also unkillable whilst Nagini (Bevab) survives.

Every night, you may PM me with the name of a player you wish to kill and which of your death eater colleagues you want to carry out the murder. The death-eater who murders cannot use any roles they have on that night.

You win when the Death Eaters make up more than 50% of the game population and all threats to your team have been eliminated and if you survive till the end.

Hidden: Cannot die whilst Harry Potter (User) is alive

Here we go! Matt121/Hedger was Voldemort, godfather. I know you all criticised Matt's gameplay, but I thought he did quite a good job. He knew he had protection from death, at least initially, and did manage to waste the town's time for at least a day. Whilst the character was always destined to last a long time, this was definitely a realistic way for the character to go about things. I mean, the mafia's job is to make the town think they aren't mafia and you guys did think for some time that he was self-aligned.

The Spin said:
You are Bellatrix Lestrange, Death-Eater aligned Totally Evil Woman

You are one of Lord Voldemort's most trusted underlings and have shown great faith with the Dark Lord.

You are part of the Death Eaters, led by Matt121 and also including p23456789 and Bevab. You may talk to your fellow death eaters here: HP Mafia - QuickTopic free message board hosting

If you are not carrying out the night-kill for the Death-Eaters then you may PM me with the name of one player who you will cast the Crucio unforgivable curse on, torturing them. This will allow you to find out what the player did that night.

You may safely claim to be Kingsley Shacklebolt, Team Hogwarts aligned Loyal Auror.

You win when the Death Eaters make up more than 50% of the game population and all threats to your team have been eliminated and if you survive till the end.

paki007 was Bellatrix, mafia rolefinder. Didn't really turn up, died quickly. There you go Smurf!

The Spin said:
You are Nagini, Death-Eater aligned Snake Turned Horcrux

You are Lord Voldemort's trusty snake servant, you are ready to do his bidding at any point. You are also quite threatening...

You are part of the Death Eaters, led by Matt121 and also including paki007 and p23456789. You may talk to your fellow death eaters here: HP Mafia - QuickTopic free message board hosting

If you are not carrying out the night-kill for the Death-Eaters then you may PM me with the name of one player. You will slither up on them and scare them away, stopping them from doing whatever they were planning on doing that night.

You may safely claim to be Professor Flitwick, Team Hogwarts aligned Tiny Charms Teacher

Unfortunately for you, you do happen to be a snake and that can be a disadvantage. Every time you post in the thread there will be a chance of you accidentally slipping into parsletongue. This probability will start low, but will increase with every day that goes by. If this is activated then I will post after your post the message: "Bevab said: Pssaiy sslass ssssessasslys. They sounded like a snake!"

Bevab was Nagini, the mafia silencer with a post restriction. Yes, he claimed a restriction, but it wasn't the one which he said it was - it was largely to give him away. It obviously never happened because he was careful about not posting too much. Did some silencing, which at one point did cause some confusion.

The Spin said:
You are Lucius Malfoy, Death-Eater aligned Sneering, Slightly-Reluctant Bad Guy

You never thought you'd be here again, did you? Never thought Voldy would be back. Well, now you are back at his side. Unfortunately for you, you know Draco is in there somewhere and really hope for his safety.

You are part of the Death Eaters, led by Matt121 and also including paki007 and Bevab. You may talk to your fellow death eaters here: HP Mafia - QuickTopic free message board hosting

If you are not carrying out the night-kill for the Death-Eaters then you may PM me the name of one player who you will cast the Imperious unforgivable curse on, allowing you to possess and control that person. During the next day phase, they will be silent except for what you want them to say. If you want them to make a post, you may PM that to me and I will pass it to them to post.

You may safely claim to be Professor Sprout, Team Hogwarts aligned R-rolling Herbology Teacher

Hidden: If Draco dies before him, he will lost his Imperious role for good and be silenced for one day out of grief.

p23456789 was Lucius. Had what turned out the be the game winning role - the Imperious curse - which wasn't used well (or at all) to start with because of fears it would be obvious it wasn't the person, but later turned into an absolutely excellent role.

The Spin said:
You are Draco Malfoy, Malfoy aligned Hardman Turned Soft.

It wasn't long ago that you were being groomed as Voldemort's latest Death Eater and a key part of his fight against Hogwarts. Your heart wasn't totally in it, though, so now you are cowering inside Hogwarts, simply wanting to stay alive.

You also fear for your family, particularly your Father, Lucius, who you know Voldemort is keeping by his side.

You win if you stay alive till the end of the game, regardless of which side wins.

Hidden: If Lucius dies before him, he will take on his father's role, alignment and win condition and gain a one shot kill to be used at any time.

Our one winner - who'd have thought a 16 person game would go down to the wire. Until his father died he was essentially town, which helped when he did turn. Abhas was Draco, originally the survivor but then the possessor. Well used and a worthy winner.

----------

I've probably missed some kind of hidden role or something here, so feel free to point anything out if you notice.

Last edited:

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
You forgot Abhas's one shot kill after Lucius died.

And you had a lot of one shot kills in there is somebody died :p

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
Told you I'd forget something!

I put a lot in because I knew that the chances of more than one of them coming live was very small (and we actually could have had none of them at all!)

Users who are viewing this thread