Wrestling Mafia- Game Over. Abhas Wins!

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Woohoo! Austin :D
Well, thanks for acknowledging me as a winner Zorax. Actually, if you guys look at my role, there is no chance I could win. Yes, the role was powerful, but I couldn't kill anyone off. It was just manipulative.
If you look at it, even if we continued, I might have won, because I would have forced a lynch on someone, then, according to the situation, either followed it, or turned against the man himself ;)

Well played LongLegs, and ARay. Special mention for some excellent play. ARay tbh was the reason I could win. I was laying low till the time I roleclaimed (which happened to be at a perfect time in the game btw), and ARay provided a perfect foil for me.

Shame it ended like this though.. It would have been fun screwing around with your heads. :p hMarka was my major weapon.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
:cheers
Free beer for the town ;)
Oh, and yeah I forgot to mention earlier, Well played Blake. Even after being revealed, you were still standing!

Matt's role was pretty obvious to me, and that's why I decided to roleblock him. Turned out to be an excellent decision. Basically, it was the reason the town were backing me.
This also resulted in me using the the persuasion power against the mafia, rather than against the town, as earlier.

ARay

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Gaaaaaah, I am used by blake and abhas. Darn! But then abhas you did save me so no harm done I guess. Even if it wasn't your intention (or was it?) :p
But then I didnt expect, two self- aligned players! The main reason I thought abhas was townie was because if abhas is self aligned then townies become super under powered
9 townies
2 self aligned
3 cult
4 mafia
And no killer for townies! :crying
Maybe highlander should have turned vig for us :p

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I had a few flaws in my game.

1) Balance might have been too skewed against the town. Maybe could have given you guys 1 or 2 more townies. Maybe get rid of the cult *shrug*

2) Not enough kill roles. I was going to give Abhas a kill role if there were no more kill roles left in the game, because the game would stall then. The townies needed a kill role, even if it was a limited number of kills.

3) I over-estimated the powers of Copycat and Role Thief. Figured they would be very helpful, but MaD wasted his too early and Guddu never got a shot to use his.

4) Maybe too descriptive in my Night writeups. Didn't expect you guys to work out those clues as quickly as you did!

ARay

County Cricketer
Nevertheless, Zorax. I did enjoy the game :D
It was definitively fun playing. I should say mafia is tooo addictive. :yes
Not no more mafia till my boards! :p
I should say, its due to your write ups that townies even had a decent shot at winning.
Otherwise we would all have been slaughtered like sheeps.
I guess that helped balance the game in a way. Though I still had to beg for user's help in day 4 and day 5 :(
But terrific, I loved the fact that we had active discussion going and it did not die out like football mafia! :D

blake

School Cricketer
Thanks for playing, everyone. This was actually quite an enjoyable game, thought I was heading about this one alright but my plans sort of came undone due to some other circumstances.

I might analyse a few of my plays and reveal them, just so you guys know what I was doing... and why I raged, etc. ;)

blake added 19 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

WC?? Why would we want to get rid of WC?? He hasn't done that much wrong!!!

/mafia

Edit: Wait, lolz, I'll probably get lynched for saying that. I forgot that you can't post stuff like this without everyone going after your head. *runs*

I was actually being serious, and I then added /mafia... you would be surprised how effective the double bluff can be.

He's from Austin, Texas though and not Houston.

Also, deducing from the earlier posts on this page The Undertaker is tall, wears a leather jacket, hails from Houston... and he is mafia.

Well, at least we know his role. Now we just need to find out who he is.

Who could possibly be the Undertaker?

I suspected MaD for a lot before... but now I realise that he's probably just being an idiot... although, I suppose it's still possible that he is mafia.

Also, if I was mafia, do you honestly think I would come out and say 'I don't think MaD is mafia because I am on the mafia and I know who is'? Yeah... totally.

Yeah... I would never do such a thing if I was mafia... totally.

Also, my entire arrogance saga...

I'm not making it up. I am challenging you to lynch me out. The person who casts the hammer vote will be killed.

If you don't believe me, lynch me out. Sacrifice yourself if you wish, but I will stay alive in the game. It's a pointless move. I can 100% guarantee that if you try and lynch me on Day 3 I won't die, and whoever hammers will.

It's just really a question. Who wants to waste their life trying to lynch me out? What a shame the SK is dead. :)

It's funny how everyone seems to assume that if they sacrifice themselves to lynch me, I will die.

I won't die. You are just wasting your lives. Therefore, I encourage you all to do it. :)

All non-believers first. BKB1991, try hammer voting me next lynch. I would love to see you die.

Actually, I think this by far has been my best move yet.. this move has transformed me from good to great. Watching the fear on all your pathetic faces, while I am in complete control of the game.

It's great to just sit here and say.. hey, I'm mafia. Run that one through the lie detector, why don't you? Guess what? Blake is mafia?

And there's nothing you can do about it.

There was a reason I was so arrogant about this. I was trying to get it to a stage where you would all get so annoyed with me and then lynch me out. However, after one death, it would seem suicidal for you to try and lynch me again, without knowing it was a one-time only rule (and LL did pick up on this, but thankfully he was restricted and nobody really read what he posted). Unfortunately, Zorax ruined that for me, but if you guys didn't know that I am positive none of you would've wanted to be the next. It would've taken everything off me and I would have had a lot longer to survive. Additionally, I didn't want any other mafias getting lynched out so I took my one-time hit in the hope it would scare you off.

Well, aren't you Mr Detective. You're such a champion man, all this amateur detective work trying to act like you are the top ████ around here.. DO WHAT I TELL YOU GUYS. I CAN LEAD YOU TO VICTORY.

Why don't I just save you the flinging effort. Hedger is mafia, Hmarka is mafia, run that through the lie detectors you fool. And I'm not coming back to this thread anymore.

Bye.

Everyone was 90% sure Hedger was mafia at this stage, and so I thought I would try and make a bold move to give us an extra number. Hedger was undoubtedly going after me unless someone did something terrible, but I think his post kind of ruined it because he made the Hmarka claim way too obvious. Mark had already been extremely suspicious with the double voting thing as Treva proved, even though he wasn't lying, and so I thought it was a perfect claim. Everybody already suspected Hedger, and so I thought that if Hedger got lynched out first and was mafia then everybody would surely take out Hmarka after what I said. And, hopefully if they took out Hmarka first to find he wasn't mafia then they wouldn't bother with Hedger.

I made this post seem like I was raging and at the brink of quitting this game so that it seemed like I didn't care at all and would happily reveal the names because I was so fed up. However, this was all strategy but it didn't quite work out the way I would've liked.

User, your cult leader Mark has even gone to vote out ARay... it's not that much of a choice.

The whole cult saga... there was no chance. It would've been a terrible move if User did actually lynch out ARay and I was trying to grab something desperately for the mafia to stay alive. Thankfully for him, he didn't fall for the pathetic attempts we made as it would have had no benefit whatsoever. Hedger would've then roleblocked Abhas while Matt took out ARay.

Anyway, that's my game and thanks everybody for playing.

Also, not sure if Tom has revealed the serial killer saga but I may as well in case not everybody was sure.

Around the start of the game (Day/Night 2) I believe I was playing normally, as a mock citizen, when I get a message from Tom "I know you're mafia". He has somehow talked Funknath into telling him a name of a mafia member, which was me. Then, after Funknath's terrible blunder he tried to cover it up by saying that the serial killer and mafia could align and if the mafia won the serial killer would win also. However, Zorax was not happy upon reading that and said no way, and the only option he gave Tom was to be a crap mafia who had to post poorly and would also give away a name if he died.

Tom elected not to and opted out of the game, and was rightly modkilled.

I also knew that it would skip a day if we killed ARay. But, I didn't realise that whoever lynched him last would die, and so that is why I didn't hesitate to lynch him last. Completely misread the way he played, though.

In all truthfulness, it was clearly Shantanu that lost us the game. If he had have actually posted decently we would've easily won. He just needed to defend himself but couldn't. I even resorted to PMing him an entire message with a roleclaim for him to post up, which almost worked, but he wouldn't even lynch The Spin, when it was about 6-6. Still, it was his first/one of his first mafia games so I should be more lenient. Was still frustrating, though!

ARay

County Cricketer
I also knew that it would skip a day if we killed ARay. But, I didn't realise that whoever lynched him last would die, and so that is why I didn't hesitate to lynch him last. Completely misread the way he played, though.

Blake you were brilliant! Its a pity, you got found out. I misread you completely :p
But how did you know i was princess? Was it my character claim?
I was telling the truth :D
But I agree, me dying = game over for townies

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
I agree with blake being pissed off about the whole lynch thing being revealed. I would've had no hesitation in lynching out blake, as I'd stated. Others might've though, and that could've been crucial.

I mean, seriously - all the characters being revealed in the Night posts? It made fake claiming almost impossible for a theme like Wrestling that everyone watches. Hell, even I wasn't going to role claim bodyguard/Khali, or would have preferred not to. But, the circumstances and all the characters being revealed made it too hard to fakeclaim. For anti-town and town power roles. And even if I did and everyone else claimed properly...it would be obvious who I was.

Balance didn't favour the townies - which is why I question no draw. Although I suspected Abhas in the beginning - his play was so anti-town. Once we'd figured out the Mafia, and the possibility of a cult, by calculating the ratios, I found that it was probably impossible for there to be more anti-town, which is why I took Abhas as innocent - plus, his character was confirmed in Night posts. I did suspect Austin of being anti-town at the beginning of the game based on the Night posts...but, the whole balance caused me to eliminate it at the end. In any case, take a scenario where Abhas was anti-town and we found out...it wouldn't have been pretty, since all the roles were confirmed. Anti-town with Abhas and hMarka's double vote would've outnumbered us by 2 at one stage, and they actually did, but we just didn't know it because we thought Abhas was town.

And, blake should've won as well, purely based on you revealing his one-shot lynch thing at night. Who knows how the game would've gone had you not revealed that.

Another thing to note - these groups aren't CULTS, they're just another Mafia, recruitable type. Cults can recruit almost anyone, except Mafia and townie power roles like the vig and doctor(unless there's backups).

The cult was wayyyy too obvious though. Once User and Ollie claimed early in the game and Hogan was confirmed as leader in the Night write-ups, the whole TNA thing was just too obvious. Totally understand why hMarka was pissed.

But, srsly, anti-town not winning this game would've been a farce, considering they had all the killing ability, and town had zero. Good play by the town though, The Spin and ARay were standouts. BKB did alright, but I thought he played better in Cricket and Lost Mafia.

Stating who I was protecting was all bluffing too - just playing mindgames with the anti-town. Pretty much whenever I stated I was going to protect someone, I didn't protect them.

Lastly, my post restriction was horrible. I stated earlier that my role was overpowered with the night immunity - there was no night immunity. My post restriction was due to me being forced to speak in English - if I didn't want to be restricted I had to speak in Hindi. :facepalm Language stuff should never be there in Mafia...we're playing on a multi-cultural forum. What if all the Mafia members were Indian? They'd easily guess who I was. In any case, I can't type Hindi, I can speak it decently, but I can't type it - so I was pretty much forced to take on the English post restriction. Not very pleased about that - not the restriction, moreso the reason why I was restricted.

@ hMarka - The clue that I put in the game, the Hindi translation, was not meant to be figured out. Khali = Empty. So I thought...hollow. Wasn't very obvious. It was just showing that I was town-aligned. That I wasn't hesistant to come forward and claim.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Good play by the town though, The Spin and ARay were standouts. BKB did alright, but I thought he played better in Cricket and Lost Mafia.

If you go through the start of the thread, a lot of the stuff I said first came out as correct, just no latched onto my train of thought.

With my role, I was honestly stuffed at to why I was a Vanilla when I was Kurt Angle! And I cotton'd on to the TNA link with LL said so. Otherwise I had no clue about the whole TNA Mafia/Cult whatever you wanna call it.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
I think once hMarka latched on that me and User were both part of his seperate mafia/cult, I was going to be recruited. But think he opted for User the night that I died. He sent me a PM saying he had only just realized that we were part of the cult and his lack of wrestling knowledge really let him down.

ARay

County Cricketer
Well it just shows the experience ollie and LL have in playing the game. Ollie was quick to point out SR.

A question to the mafia, why wasn't I killed off if you people knew I was princess?
Hedger said something about me or guddu being the first target. Boy did that change the game :p
Blake if you hadn't been revealed, would you have killed me off or kept me in the game (to be killed later) because I was trusting on you being townie?

To be honest I played awful in my opinion. I did FOS hmarka early on. I was also right about user. But honestly I had no clue about blake, was not sure about SR. Mattfb I was leaning cult rather than mafia.
I rather think I need to improve my observations and also not be so trusting easily. Also posting so much obviously made me a huge target. I need to tone down on my posting and maybe provide more useful input.

Overall though I felt despite the balance issues and the too detailed write ups at times. I felt the game had a flow to it. The fact that this thread is over 1000 posts long proves my point :)
What do you guys think I need to further improve on?

Last edited:

blake

School Cricketer
You are great ARay, although you perhaps need to look at things a fraction more in-depth. LL is fantastic at this, he really analyses everything and more often than not his guesses are right. Very early in the game he guessed the mafia lineup of me, Hedger, Matt and somebody else but to get 3/4 at that stage is tremendous. We were extremely worried about him.

MaD

Chairman of Selectors
With my role, I was honestly stuffed at to why I was a Vanilla when I was Kurt Angle! And I cotton'd on to the TNA link with LL said so. Otherwise I had no clue about the whole TNA Mafia/Cult whatever you wanna call it.

I shouldn't have used my Copycat role so early but coz of the writeups, I thought you had an important role, you were like protected and stuff although I screwed up

Users who are viewing this thread