Wrestling Mafia- Game Over. Abhas Wins!

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Good game guys. ARay, amazing work. Great game. LL was superb when he picked 3/4 mafia early but I was happy when he started making posts without fosing me. Still never felt safe, everyone sort of knew I was mafia/cult.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
I'll do a run of how I used my roles each night..

Night 1:
Roleblock: World Champions
Frame: LongLegs
Persuade: Bkb1991 to vote for LongLegs
Obvious attempt to get LL out of the way early. I knew he was danger. Roleblocked WC, just in case he decides to use anything against me :p
BKB Didn't vote, and could have been modkilled, but, was warned because funknath didnt communicate that to him.

Night 2:
Roleblock: Highlander999
Frame: MaD
Persuade: MaD to vote for Ollie

Unknowingly, saved the town there. Randomly roleblocked the serial killer.
Framed MaD, and forced him to vote for Ollie, who was confirmed townie at that stage. If the cop had investigated him, which was looking probable judging by the way he was playing, MaD was a gonner.
Luckily, he got mod-killed.

Night 3:
Roleblock: mattfb
Frame: Hedger_14
Persuade: User2010 to vote for Ollie_H No-one

This was the roleblock I'm actually proud of. I figured out quickly enough that hedger was mafia, and by the looks of it, Matt was looking a definite mafia as well. It was a gamble I had taken, because I was confused between these two for being godfather. It paid off well with the town starting to believe every word I said ;)
Framed Hedger just for the sake of it.
Initially asked User to vote against Ollie, but later into the night, decided against it.
During the day, I voted for ARay, pretending to be forced. Not sure if it actually had any effect on the game, or anybody read the lynch for that matter, but certainly to me, psychologically, I had a defense to fall back upon if questioned.

Night 4:
Roleblock: LongLegs
Frame: Hmarka
Persuade: No-one

This was an anti-town move. I knew LL had a role, but at that point didn't know what it was.
I was unsure of hMarka's role.. (Don't know why.. everyone knew he was cult leader.. I somehow missed that part :p )
I didn't persuade a vote on anyone to prevent suspicion. I wanted User to vote for Blake, but decided against it, because targeting a mafia would seem odd.

In retrospect, not the best use of my night role this night.

Night 5:
Roleblock: mattfb
Frame: No-one
Persuade: User2010 to vote for mattfb

Pretty obvious, now that everyone knew Matt was the godfather, I had to roleblock him to blend in. I would have loved to let him kill a few more people, before I kicked in, and got him lynched.
Probably LongLeg's repeated "Protecting Abhas this night" things scared me a bit.. He could just be saying things, and not doing them :p
Knowing User was cult, I forced him to vote for matt. If he did, matt died, if he didn't, user died. Either way, win-win for me. Infact, it would have been better if User died, coz that would have given the mafia another kill.

Stupidly, User persuaded me to vote for matt the same night. Don't know what he had in mind, but he could have done wonders with that persuasion had he used it correctly. He should have made me lynch ARay. That would finish off ARay, and put me under the scanner.

Night 6:
Roleblock: User2010
Frame: --
Persuade: Blake to vote for User2010

Lastly, the role I had sent in the last night. Roleblocked User.. Exactly what I wanted to do.. Leave Blake with a night kill, and at the same time, followed LL's post, thus avoiding suspicion.
Next day I would have led a lynch on User, with the all-important vote of Blake being forced on him.

I was planning to use hMarka's double vote later to finish off the townies after Blake was lynched, but well.. Didn't really happen.

Thanks a tonne to Zorax for doing a fine job with the game, and sorting out the mess Funknath left him with. Kudos :)

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Enjoyable game this, LL was amazing, Blake, ARay played pretty good as well. Matt did a decent job too.
Ah well my startegy was to look like an obvious townie but at the same time didnt want to look like a threat to the mafia, so they wont kill me :p . I was always worried that every night I was gonna be the one killed, the mafia forced me to vote for LL on night one and roleblocked me on night 2. Actually If Blake's name wasnt gonna be revealed I was gonna start a lynch against him, cuz he was very conservative when we were going to lynch SR and wanted to hear him out, but he didnt really wait for the Spin to roleclaim after SRs claim.

Messed up with Treva, but hey it looked obvious that he came out when we were just finalising SR's lynch.

Was shocked at Blakes true roleclaim, I was so confident that he was making it up.

Oh and I investigated hMarka on night 1 and Funknath told me there that he was cult. He claimed it was a mistake and all, but I knew better. Didnt want to reveal it for the sake of the game, but couldnt avoid it in the end, we had to nail him in order to win.

BKB1991 added 4 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

oh so it was Abhas who persuaded me!!! I thought it was mafia :facepalm
ah well I actually investigated MaD on night 2 only to be roleblocked.

ARay

County Cricketer
I was planning to use hMarka's double vote later to finish off the townies after Blake was lynched, but well.. Didn't really happen.

Actually I would have started a lynch against hmarka the next day knowing, that his double votes are too dangerous for town.
I am not sure if the town would have followed your suit or mine?
These questions would have remained unanswered :p
Because it could be either I would be persuaded by you, or you being forced to vote hmarka off because everyone decided to vote hmarka.

Interesting strategy though Abhas!

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
Good game guys. ARay, amazing work. Great game. LL was superb when he picked 3/4 mafia early but I was happy when he started making posts without fosing me. Still never felt safe, everyone sort of knew I was mafia/cult.

I don't have to FOS you to be suspicious of you. :p

In all honesty, I thought I was wrong about a lot of those suspicions I had in mind - like I said, I eventually ruled out Abhas, because there I thought there was no way the ratio would be 1:1, it's usually 3:1, town:anti-town, or thereabouts.

My Mafia prediction at the start of the game was matt, blake, hedger and Abhas. All ended up being anti-town. ;)

Protected Ollie on Night 1 because I thought that he'd be the first target for a kill. But, hedger roleblocked Tom anyway.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
A few thoughts:

a) I had to reveal Blake's role. Because I was stuck between either making it clear his was a one-time thing only, or have you all believe I actually created an unlynchable mafia member. And I didn't want to risk everyone rioting and giving up on the game because they think I made an unlynchable member. So I made it clear Blake's was a one time thing.

b) MaD, that was a stupid use of the Copycate role. Why on Earth would you think Ollie had a good role? Did you think the Bodyguard or SK magically knew what his role was when no one else did? They targeted/protected him because he is a good player, not because of his role. Stupid, stupid use of the power, complete waste. Should have waited a few days.

c) TNA was a bad idea for cult, in hindsight

d) Clues in the posts - that was the whole point. I wanted to show what characters were in the game, but slowly over the course of the game. I didn't expect you guys to get the clues as fast as you did, so I should have been a bit more subtle. I wanted it to be clear who were left by like the last day or 2, give the town something to work with, but you had it all figured out halfway through the game, and that kinda killed it.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
@ Abhas, Night 2 when you roleblocked Tom I don't think did anything as he had given up and asked to be modkilled since I role blocked him the first night. What does the framing do again too.

blake

School Cricketer
a) I had to reveal Blake's role. Because I was stuck between either making it clear his was a one-time thing only, or have you all believe I actually created an unlynchable mafia member. And I didn't want to risk everyone rioting and giving up on the game because they think I made an unlynchable member. So I made it clear Blake's was a one time thing.

Come on Zorax, that is a disgraceful excuse. You could've easily revealed what happened at the end of the game and nobody would've cared. My entire bluff was based on that and EVERYBODY WOULD'VE REALISED WHAT HAPPENED at the end game.

Not to mention that nobody would have even thought it was you in the first place if you didn't go interrupting again. I posted "Wouldn't put it past Funknath to give me an unbeatable role," in the attempt to make it seem like Funknath would actually create a role like mine so everybody would believe it, but no, you chimed in with "Actually, I made all the roles."

The rest of the game was good but this was ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread