The PC High School Mafia - Town (Rudolph, ContUmp & asprin) win!

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Very interesting. All that makes so much sense now. Loved the quicktopic discussion too.

EDIT:

Hypothetically, if there were 5 alive and @Perfect Square was targeted and had 3 votes against him, then by definition he should be lynched. But how would the mod justify the extra vote that would have been needed to lynch him?

Last edited:

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It was fantastic. Nice job Gaurav ! Can't wait for Simon to start his game.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
asprin said:
Hypothetically, if there were 5 alive and @Perfect Squarewas targeted and had 3 votes against him, then by definition he should be lynched. But how would the mod justify the extra vote that would have been needed to lynch him?

The mod would just post the vote count as it is done normally and will tell that the person hasn't been lynched. If there are say 3 alive, 2 will be needed for a majority but in PS case it should be 3 votes for him to be lynched. No one will self lynch except if he is @RUDOLPH. :p In that case, people will have to vote someone else or there will be no lynch and night will follow.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Still Think Rudolph Trying to kill himself is the reason why Mafia lost :)

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
Rudis thing was different, definitely. But really the mafia shot themselves in the foot early enough that they were going to be found out. I had Rudi pegged as town before that anyway and was able to use that to justify him not being voted for quite fundamentally, although Im not sure I convinced anyone, i think we all knew?

In some ways had Rudi gone I don't think much would have changed, especially with the anti-rudi posts taken in context.

CerealKiller was the one that majorly stumped me. I deliberately blocked him hoping to get him to roleclaim, which worked, but even then I wasn't sold on his innocence. I read that totally wrong lol.

I was an atrocious RB, I took it too selfishly, rather than playing the numbers I tried to use it as a intel gathering source. Not a mistake I plan on making again :D

Last edited:

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Whatever Rudolph did, the mafia were outright pathetic. The Deadman & Ali made it seem surely they were mates. Sodium picked it up very early and was against them, bad luck he was a miller.

Yes I haven't done the player comment thing yet, I am hopeful I will do it soon.

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
Shit Tactics! If I was the MOD I WOULD HAVE KILLED YOU (MOD-KILL)
Shame man, you should talk to someone professional. Don't take it so personally, it's just a game :D sorry for getting you lynched. Hopefully you can forgive me some time in the future :p

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Shame man, you should talk to someone professional. Don't take it so personally, it's just a game :D sorry for getting you lynched. Hopefully you can forgive me some time in the future :p

Whattt O.o

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Hey I would have mod killed him too but there was always 'he is a newbie' thought that stopped me from doing so.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Okay from whatever I can recall now, here are the player analysis.

The Deadman - First of all I don't think he read his PM completely or if he did, he didn't pick up that Akshay was there hoping for the mafia to find him. I didn't really give too much hint but there was a line at the end which said - 'Also, there's someone else out there who wishes to help you in your mission...' I won't really blame him much for the mafia loss but he could have talked to Ali about his gameplay and how Ali should not attach with him and make it evident they both are partners in the quicktopic. I was thinking he will play a better game overall considering he had past experience.

Ali - As I said, Ali played a very poor game which led to the downfall of mafia. He made it crystal clear him and Umair were linked when he defended Umair openly and Sodium picked it up very early. It happens in newbie games but I would have liked if he used some common sense here. Mafia work as a team yes but when there is too much suspicion on your team mate, you should definitely avoid defending them. A lynch on Umair would have done wonders tbh. You will learn as you play more.

Akshay - I think he played reasonably well. The thing which worked for him was he wasn't recruited, for me. If he was, I am sure his gameplay would have been different. Also, I liked how he played after he was the only mafia left. He tried to kill Ump which was a correct decision but failed as Jack protected him. I allowed protection on consecutive nights in the game which I now feel shouldn't happen in mafia games. In the end, the hole dug by Ali and Umair was a bit too much and hence Akshay lost it.

Yash - Being a survivor it was okay how he played. He could have defended himself a bit more and also could have claimed his role but the people were too quick to give him a chance I think as he was hammered without posting? I don't remember now. But if that was the case, it is an important lesson for the town especially to allow people to defend themselves.

Naman Thakur
- I was disappointed with him as he left mid way despite being active so no real comments. For people who think vanilla role is boring, it's not the case. From my perspective, I think when you are vanilla you can play freely as compared to when you have a PR. You have nothing to lose and hence can analyse things in a much better way and post what you feel.

zwarrior - It was a shame he was killed first up as he played really well on day 1. He is learning pretty quickly and can become a wonderful mafia player really soon. I am impressed with his gameplay.

Perfect Square - No real comments on him as he was also killed very early in the game.

asprin - I think asprin played a solid game especially as he had post restriction. He waited till the correct moment and only then posted as he knew his vote was important which is always a sign of a good player. He will do good in the mafia, I am sure.

Sodium - It was sad how he ended up being lynched and it was unfortunate. But he played sensibly and picked on gameplay of others and was very watchful how others posted. Hence he was the first one to accuse Ali and Umair to be partners. I was really impressed with his game. But yeah, people can learn to analyze their role PMs too from this. I mildly hinted how was hated and people didn't think he was one of them and hence was a miller.

Rudolph - That self lynching scandal would have had him mod killed for sure but him being very new to the game worked in his favor. He played fairly well. The cops can learn how they can get twisted results as was the case with Sodium coming up as anti school. But yeah it may not always be the miller.

CerealKiller
- I think he played a brilliant game and was correct in killing Ali. Too bad Ump blocked him, haha. If Ali would have been killed, the game would have ended very quickly.

Simon - He got busy in the middle of the game and hence was mod killed.

Jack - Being a doc it was very good of him to protect Ump on the first night. I have seen how good players are always targeted early in the game and this was the case here. Only works if the good players are town sided though. :p He kept on protecting Ump which I didn't really like but couldn't do anything. Otherwise good game overall.

ContUmp
- His posting and analysis were really good but his use of role wasn't. Blocked CK when he went for Ali which could have proved to be a game changer tbh. Also for some reason whoever he targeted was killed the same night by Akshay, haha. But he is a solid player and hence we have trusted him with the championship.

Users who are viewing this thread