Lord of the Rings Mafia - Town wins

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Good game by Jack and PS :thumbs Testimony to that is that I enjoyed following it (before I replaced Mark). Don't feel like I won though, as I only joined the near the end and didn't actually do much. Congrats to the other winners though :thumbs

@PS - was BKB basically the 'cop' role for the town then?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Well done to the remaining townies. As I've said I think this was a very difficult scenario to be mafia and Elrond and Theoden were good claims.
I didn't actually have a night kill immunity - I just made that up to avoid being targeted. Reckon Gandalf should have had one kill immunity though.
Thanks for making me MVP - I screwed up over Tom but it's hard on days 1-3. No cop or tracker for the town although BKB was effectively out cop. I think the Strider kill could have been used a lot more effectively; only killed one mafia and that was through luck on day 1. Obviously agree with Ben about his revenge kill :p
Thought Callum was the best mafia and his game only really fell apart when he claimed Shelob and went gunning for Zohaib.

6ry4nj

International Coach
Thought Callum was the best mafia and his game only really fell apart when he claimed Shelob and went gunning for Zohaib.

Claiming Shelob didn't hurt him while he seemed to be helping the town. When he had to stop helping the town, and (in particular) when the threats prioritized ahead of him had been neutralized, that was when he was always going to struggle. Even a more innocuous claim couldn't help him at that stage, although in a mafia best-case they might have got a lynch on Zohaib who was the only remaining vanilla townie with a weak claim.

Eight watertight town claims (plus Boromir who had to out himself early) would be a huge obstacle for any mafia to overcome.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Lol Mafia's thinking I am Gollum saved me big time

This was 100% the reason why my game fell apart.

By day two/three we'd already worked out who everyone was, and the only one who could possibly be Gollum was Zohaib. And like most of you I was 99% sure Gollum would be in the game, so I started to play aggressively towards Zohaib because I was sure he was Gollum, which completely added up apart from the fact that there was no Gollum in the game!

I mentioned this numerous times in the mafia quicktopic, but this was probably the hardest game for the mafia to win because like 6ry4nj said there were "Eight watertight town claims", and the first three townies to die were all the most borderline ones which didn't help one bit. By day two/three we'd already lost, because the borderline characters were just going to get picked off until we lost, which is why I tried to go outside the square with my character claim.

I thought by claiming my win condition like I did I got get rid of Gollum before myself, and at least survive an extra day, but like I said above Gollum not being in the game completely fried chickened me over.

Then when BKB said what he did about Zohaib I thought I could cover up my aggression towards him by saying that I knew he was lying when he said he was town, and I just thought he was individual and not cult. But yeah that was a massive oversight on my perspective because it didn't occur to me that they were "related".

At the end of the day I thought I was actually playing well UNTIL I had to claim, and that was always going to be y undoing with only borderline characters left to claim. Add to that we had shocking luck (I guess you could call it skill) at night time, only two out of first five kills/poisons worked, which like IO said above without getting rid of any of the "watertight town claims" early we had already pretty much lost.

Anyway cheers for the game Jack and PS, and everyone else. :cheers

----------

Also I was the mafia roleblocker, which is why as Shelob I said I had a one-time roleblock.

----------

Good game by Jack and PS :thumbs Testimony to that is that I enjoyed following it (before I replaced Mark). Don't feel like I won though, as I only joined the near the end and didn't actually do much. Congrats to the other winners though :thumbs

That was what happened with me in the last game. Just take the win. :p

MaD

Chairman of Selectors
Lol I believe Sachin just took a random guess with me...
Don't blame him because I've done that successfully myself a few times...

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The poisoning worked weirdly in this game :/ And yea it was incredibly hard with the role claims seeing as there weren't many people we could role claim as.

Sachinfan98

School Cricketer
Lol I believe Sachin just took a random guess with me...
Don't blame him because I've done that successfully myself a few times...

Nah... that wasn't actually a random guess. Just got a bit suspicious of you so decided to try my role out.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
QuickTopic link isn't working for me. Was desperate to know what made the mafia's go after me on night 3. :p

Chewie

BCCI President
We were kinda going every which way.

Still don't see how the poison was affecting people though. barmyarmy (the second time) and BKB should both have died to the poison on the night after I poisoned them.

P Squared

International Coach
The time taken for the poison to act was 2 days and 1 night, since you could use it every night.

----------

User(Doctor) healed Colin and Sachinfan had a one shot healing role which he used on BKB.

Users who are viewing this thread