Cricket Mafia - MaD & Abhas win!

The MVP of Cricket Mafia is...

• Total voters
P

pcfan123

Didn't know how it worked if I'm honest. Mark just said he couldn't be contacted so I agreed to sacrifice you.

and it would have worked too if I was not mod killed. I had everyone convinced I was a cop. But I made a silly mistake and paid the price

Highlander999

ICC President
I think Highlander could be one of those players whose alignment you'd find very hard to deduce without investigations. His playstyle is very chilled out, and well, I reckon he'll play like that every game. Or if he doesn't, he really should. Was absolutely absurd that he didn't take the cop role when mattfb died. I was pretty thoroughly shocked at that move. The cop is a power role and stealing it would've been ace for the town. Died before he could steal the bodyguard role that he wanted.

Yeah, I'm as cool as a cucumber ;)

Reason I didn't go for Matt's role was I got myself confused and was trying to steal the bodyguard role cause I thought (I can't remember who) was a cop and I was going to try and protect them

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Night 1

hMarka chose to kill WC and investigate Highlander999.

treva roleblocked User2010.

User2010 didn’t use his role.

CG123 silenced The Spin.

mattfb investigated User2010 and got Mafia as the result.

The Spin protected harrisb.

MaD didn’t use his role.

Funknath didn’t use any of his roles.

Day 2

Funknath chose to kill mattfb.

Night 2

hMarka chose to kill Abhas and investigate Maney2k9.

treva roleblocked harrisb.

User2010 chose to kill Abhas.

CG123 silenced skrillex_x.

MaD tried to recruit User2010, but couldn’t because he was the vigilante.

The Spin protected hMarka.

mattfb watched hMarka.

skrillex_x switched hMarka with Highlander999.

Night 3

treva chose to kill Maney2k9, investigate User2010 and roleblock Highlander999.

Abhas chose the phrase “Strong suspicions of Mafia” about User2010. He got the result False.

CG123 silenced The Spin.

MaD tried to recruit skrillex_x, but skrillex_x declined the invitation.

mattfb watched User2010.

User2010 chose to kill the Spin.

skrillex_x swapped harrisb with Highlander999.

Night 4

treva chose to kill Highlander999, investigate harrisb and roleblock User2010.

Highlander999 chose to steal The Spin’s role.

Abhas chose the phrase “Tom is a townie”. He got the result True.

MaD tried to recruit BKB1991, but couldn’t because he was Mafia-aligned.

mattfb watched MaD. MaD was investigation immune at this time, because he had no luck recruiting people.

skrillex_x didn’t use his role.

Night 5

treva chose to kill User2010, investigate The Spin and roleblock BKB1991.

mattfb watched CG123.

CG123 silenced Abhas.

skrillex_x swapped treva with User2010, but later changed his choices, and swapped Abhas with BKB1991. Had he not changed his choices at this point, the game would’ve been opened for Team Cricket quite nicely.

MaD tried to recruit CG123, but couldn’t because he was Mafia-aligned.

Night 6

treva chose to kill The Spin, investigate skrillex_x and roleblock MaD. The roleblock on MaD didn’t work because his choice of recruit had a hidden passive role that meant he would accept a recruitment no matter what the circumstances. Had Gazza been roleblocked, then, Gazza would’ve had an invitation sent to him, instead of being directly converted to the cult.

mattfb watched gudduthemaster.

skrillex_x didn’t use his role.

MaD tried to recruit Gazza, and it was successful.

Night 7

treva chose to kill skrillex_x, investigate BKB1991 and roleblock MaD.

mattfb watched skrillex_x.

skrillex_x swapped gudduthemaster with BKB1991. treva couldn’t find BKB1991 because of that.

Night 8

treva chose to kill gudduthemaster, investigate Abhas and roleblock BKB1991.

mattfb watched treva.

MaD tried to recruit Abhas, and it was successful.

So that's what happened at Night guys. I'll have a brief idea on how I setup the game next, for those who want an idea on how to host games. Hosting is time consuming, and if we could have more hosts, that would be great, so yeah.

Last edited:

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I say the game pivoted on Night 7. Had Guddu not been switched with BKB I would have had no certain option for a kill on the 8th night. That would have meant I would have gone for Abhas and probably would have survived with BKB by my side.

Nice to see how each night panned out.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Woah thats interesting dude. Could have been part of the IPL as early as night 4.

Might be interested in modding the game at some point, probably after another game or so

P

pcfan123

I wanna play a

"War on Terror" mafia

with charectors like:

Bush
Cheney
Bin Laden
Obama
Gore
Petraus
Karzi
etc

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
You should probably run it. If it's something you like, in all honesty. Hard to get other people to run stuff you like, unless it's very generic.

I thought of Cricket as the theme, because well, I thought it would gain more attention on a Cricket forum. I really wanted to do Lost/Camelot/Star Wars. Might do Camelot next...you know, King Arthur and stuff.

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
Well, for those looking to gain some insight into hosting Mafia games, here’s how I went about it for Cricket Mafia.

Setup + My Thoughts

So how do you balance a Mafia game? It’s hard to achieve the perfect balance. In fact, you’ll find a lot of games where probably the balance isn’t equal among all the factions. Or sometimes, all the good players end up on one team, leaving the other team severely weak player-wise. But, I do think I did a pretty good job balancing out this game.

Generally, you’d think that 20-25% of the player base would be Mafia or Anti-Town(includes SK, Cult etc.). However, it’d probably be safe to assume that 30-35% of the player base is Mafia. Although the Mafia know each other, unless they’re being looked for like BKB was in this situation, or unless there are 2 Mafias, of different number perhaps, they are still at a major numbers disadvantage. If there’s a sane cop and his random first day investigation gets Mafia, it puts them at an even bigger disadvantage, so yeah, we always try and make the number of anti-town more than 20-25%, or we try and make it a possible number, like in the cult’s case.

In this game, the cult was limited to 3 members, although MaD did not know this at any point. He would’ve only known this once he recruited his final member. But, he never had the chance to have 2 other people on his team at any point. So this gave us a potential 8 anti-town players. But, again, MaD couldn’t recruit Mafia and the vigilante and the doctor, which reduced his chances of getting a full team fast. It was also invitation-based, so the person could reject his offer. However, MaD could recruit any townies with investigative roles, since there were 3 of them(Watcher, Insane Cop, Lie Detector – Role Thief could’ve also potentially been a cop during this game). Even if MaD managed to get 2 investigative roles on his team, he wouldn’t have gotten the third one, because his team would be full, so the town would always have an investigative role.

The threat of the vigilante to the Mafia was balanced by having a doctor. But, since it becomes easier for the doctor to choose whom to protect when he knows he’s allied with them and there’s only 4 choices (when they were all alive), I had him hidden. If they found him on Night 1, BKB would’ve been a major asset. But User didn’t play the vig that well. In any case, the vig is a hard role to pull off. You need to think outside the box a lot, because it’s a risk you’re taking every night.
The bus driver is a great role for balance. It brings in a very random factor that could turn the game at any time. Although it’s a primarily town role, it can be used as a Mafia role, but again, smart players excel at this role and give themselves a higher probability at achieving successful results. Otherwise it becomes very random, like what happened on Superher Mafia, with WC killing his own Godfather.

The town don’t have to all have roles. Although, if you do want all your townies to have roles, passive roles are useful. Miller, Passive Bomb, Double Voter, Post Restrictions, and some others, leave people with no specific role interested even though they have no primary role. Roles can also be twisted largely to a mod’s liking. There are many variants to roles, and I won’t go into detail on that, but yeah, you could have 2 cops, one a role cop, one an insane cop in a game.

I thought I balanced this one fairly well. There was a counter for most things. However, would just like to say that the Bodyguard and Vigilante could be played better. With these two roles, when there’s no obvious candidate, you really need to think different and see who’s a confirmed innocent. Or someone you think is a good player and likely to be targeted. Protecting good players consistently might lead you to an eventual win, so yeah.

If you have any questions, just ask, or send me a PM. :)

Users who are viewing this thread