Harry Potter Mafia - The End! Abhas/Death Eaters win!

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
The endgame sequence was this, in case you were confused:

Abhas inherits Death Eater nightkill -> Abhas kills Aditya -> 1v1 situation, so no lynch can be achieved -> Abhas kills User at night.

I will post all the roles and my full feedback tonight. There were some excellent performances and some... less so!

The game was of two halves really (good ol' football cliche!). In the first half, the Town were on top. Whilst the mafia weren't great, the town still showed very good skill in picking them out at an alarmingly good success rate! That period ended with Chewie's death. From then on the mafia took control. Why? The main problem for the town is that you bought what the Imperious curse was telling you, particularly when Mark was struck by it.

I'm going to say this bit now. The MVP of this game is Abhas. In my mind this is easy, even just recently some people still didn't think he was any more than self-aligned. Whilst that was helped by coming up self-aligned under investigation, he definitely knew what he was doing too, with some brilliant use of the Imperious Curse and good tactical planning.

As I say, I'll post the roles and more detailed feedback later on.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I was wondering as to how would it be remotely possible for townies to win.
I actually thought Abhas was self aligned. So, we could win. Him being a mafia defeats the course of Voldemort's powers being neutralized by less votes.

But, Congrats Abhas. Well played man. Hats off, Chez! Best mafia game I've ever played. I was the last man standing there with Abhas until I died. I take pride from that.

Who said that? Voldermort was killable after my death.

No, after you died, I was the last horcrux remaining. It had to be destroyed before Hedger could be killed.

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
I know some of you have said the balance was wrong, however I hope when I do post the roles that you realise there were counterbalances on both sides to ensure a runaway victory was unlikely. If the mafia had been better early on then there would have been some swing towards the town in some of the roles. Whilst right now it looks like an overpowered mafia, actually they would have been weakened as the game went on if they were doing well.

----------

Here is it:
HP Mafia - QuickTopic free message board hosting

----------

See the QT.

Well done by Hedger to hide that fact.

Hedger/Matt never actually got told this bit. Just like in the books, Voldemort didn't know Harry was another horcrux. Hedger and Abhas worked it out, but it was never given to them.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Abhas, you were just brilliant, well played played. :clap I'm proud of myself, another game from which I have learned a lot about mafia games. See, posting less helps. :p Just kidding. And yeah, User played well too, well done. ;)

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Hedger/Matt never actually got told this bit. Just like in the books, Voldemort didn't know Harry was another horcrux. Hedger and Abhas worked it out, but it was never given to them.

There. They didn't know, only I knew. I had to be killed once. See that Abhas?

Chewie

BCCI President
I was the first to lynch Paki. Next day I lynched Bevab but took my lynch off him after people started to complain. FOS-ed p23456789 a number of times. Didn't vote for Matt then though.

When Hedger took over and role-claimed, I was the only one who didn't believe him and kept at him.

I can't believe how accurate my guesses were :p

----------

Bolded names have posted since this began

1) User2010
2) Aditya
3) ARay
4) BKB1991
5) CG123
6) Chewie
7) Papa Smurf
8) Mark
9) Varun
10) Hedger
11) MaD
12) Matt121
13) paki007
14) Bevab
15) p23456789
16) Abhas

FOS: Bevab, p23456789 - jumping on the no lynch bandwagon straight away
FOS: Matt121 - jumping between lynches

Lynch: Paki007 - just for the while until he posts in the thread to put some pressure on :)

hahaha just found this. First day. One of my first posts.

Varun

ICC Board Member
Chewie, if you ever become a mafia, you're really going to own us all. :p

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Yeah, I agree that an experienced player will be in the mafia ranks. But p23456789 (not a hard number to remember guys :p) and Bevab, along with Matt earlier, have done nothing to help the cause.

The mafia masterminds could be using these novice players as bait - to cause suspicion and confusion, while they themselves remain off-the radar.

I had no idea it was just you 3 at the time :p

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Matt was terrible. Good to see Hedger replace him.
My inability somewhat made me a poor mafia member.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Thanks guys, this would probably be one of the best wins, and what a wonderful game Chez! Initially we Were never looking like winning but later, We were never out of it, but at crucial junctures there came twists which threatened to take the game away.
First, the missed lynch of chewie, Which was a result of excellent play between him and smurf. Then I could not possess user, which almost caused me to give up because we were treading on thin rope. After that, hedger's lynch. Towards the end both sides knew they could win, but neither. Could be really confident.

User was magnificent. I was worried throughout about his role because it was obvious he was Harry Potter, and we guessed he would be unkillable at night, so we were planning to keep him alive till the end. He did not give any clue about the roles he might have till the end.

Hedger was superb after replacing Matt. If only the earlier mafia had played better.

Thoughts about my game: I thought I had a below average game before I became mafia. I was all over the place with my suspicions, and hardly contributed to the town's cause. The week where I couldn't post really put me off track. Luckily, after p23456789's lynch I was easily able to gather people's roles, and this helped me strategize.
I had fun being a mafia, and probably the only time I've enjoyed being mafia. The possess power needs you to strategize, and that's the reason we could come this far. I remember having fun in the wrestling mafia as well, playing with people's heads :p

The list of people who hate me grows :noway

Users who are viewing this thread