The Steam Sale Thread!!

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The best thing about Steam is that around Christmas and at some point in the summer they have amazing big sales with lots of really good games with insane discounts. I thought that I'd create a thread for people to suggest such deals to others and to talk about the various random stuff that you get in these sort of things. Although this thread is named after Steam feel free to recommend similar deals from other digital download sites like gog.com; since they are equally applyable. Please only stuff that actually sells legitimate games though: you do get places that flog "digital versions" of games for nothing all of the time which turn out to be the latest torrent...

One thing that I would genuinely recommend you keep an eye on is the Humble Bundle site. Every so often they put big bundles of games on sale on a "pay what you want" basis: the money is split in proportions that you suggest between the game developers, nominated charities and the people behind the site to keep it up. Don't expect the latest AAA titles on there: but you can find insane bargains even factoring in other stuff that is available: I ended up getting DIRT 3 and a whole bunch of other driving games for around $10 while the thing sells for more than double that by itself. They also have a digital store where you can buy single games and sometimes they have insane bargains there as well (I got Crusader Kings 2 and a bunch of expansions for around 75% off). Everything in it is 100% legitimate since the vast majority of games sold give you a Steam code that you register within Steam and then it is just like you bought the game from within Steam.

One current recommendation is Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance which is currently available 75% off for £3.99 on the UK Steam store: which is nothing for one of the genuinely funnest games that you can play. Its silly at times, but its a Metal Gear game with the main character being a sword-wielding Cyborg: what do you expect!!

Crusader Kings II is also a genuinely good game that always goes on a daily deal at some point. Its currently 50% off for the game and a bunch of the expansions until the sale ends on January 2nd: but usually it ends up as a daily deal and that makes it even cheaper than that!

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I got Deus Ex: HR's Director's Cut version for like $4. Looking to buy Portal 1 and 2 as well.

EDIT: Bought them both.

Last edited:

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
I contemplating buying either Metal Gear Rising or The Walking Dead- Season 2. I know if I buy both I will end up wasting my time on them.

Edit: Does anyone know any good first person shooter games that are on steam sale and worth a go.

D

Deleted member 9102

There are so many great deals, but I find myself already owning so many of the games! I've held off buying anything really because my library is already so full of top class games I'm yet to really get stuck into.

I did buy Defy Gravity though, as I had been made aware that it was only 9p and the trading cards you get for playing it could be sold for more than the value of the game... Turns out that it's actually a really decent little physics puzzle platformer in it's own right and I had some real fun playing it, link here;
Save 95% on Defy Gravity Extended on Steam

@Varun - Both the Portal games are incredible. Both would be in my personal all-time top 5, played through both of them multiple times and Portal 2's 'Perpetual Testing Initiative' for user created content provides a virtually endless supply of challenging/inventive levels after the campaign.

@Ahmad94 - Depends if you're looking for online or single player but there are loads of quality FPS games on sale... Bioshock Infinite is £5 (all three in the series for just £6.79), CS:GO is under £10, Borderlands 2 for £10, Metro 2033/Last Light Redux for about £12 each and so on... There's always TF2 for free which is probably my favourite of all FPS right now anyway :).

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
@Madman - Took your recommendation and purchased Bioshock Infinite. The gameplay videos on Youtube seemed pretty decent, however most of them said it is only 10-15 hours of actual gameplay.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9102

Yeah it's not an incredibly long game, but for £5 I think it's still a very good deal. I wouldn't pay full price for it though, as I wouldn't with the majority of "AAA" titles. By today's standards, 10-15 hours of single player gameplay is actually quite long sadly enough.

I'm loving The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth at the moment, so much replayability and addictiveness. It's 25% off at the moment although I happily paid full price for it a few weeks back;

Save 25% on The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth on Steam

Not Steam, but BF3 is only 74p right now...

Battlefield 3 for PC Download | Origin Games

Still great online, I loved it on 360 and am very tempted to pick it up, although it's a shame it's not the Premium edition with all the DLC maps etc. For that reason I think I'll pass but it's a fantastic deal.

D

Deleted member 9102

Anybody want Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed? I have a spare key, I'll send it by PM so bots can't snatch it.

It's a really good game actually, similar to Mario Kart. I may also have spare keys for Sonic 4 Episode 2 as well as Sonic Spinball if anyone would want those.

D

Deleted member 9102

The offer above still stands, but I may give those games away elsewhere if nobody here requests them soon :).

Users who are viewing this thread