This specs enough? - system requirements help....

rajeshb89

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
is this specs enough:-
Intel Celeron 500 mhz
128 mb sdram
8 mb Sis 6326 AGP card
Windows 98 se

I know that my graphic card is useless and i am going to upgrade in a few months but will this game play in this specs...i am ready to go to the lowest settings but want it to be playable .....

will it be playable in the lowest settings????
and BTW when is the game going to be released????

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
hi,

the game will be released on the 31st of may in oz.SO it will take about a week to reach Asia and Europe.The demo should be put up this week by ea{according to their forums}.

Regarding your system specs you MUST upgrade your graphics card{they are very cheap these days}.Everything else looks ok and should run comfortably under lower detail levels.

Lou Vincent

School Cricketer
The demo is now out at Cricket 2002 Demo

It runs like crap on my machine, even on the lowest detail. I can still hit 6's (with some difficultly) but is not worth playing on my machine. I have...

Celeron 400 Mhz
96 MB RAM
RIVA TNT2 32 MB 3D Graphics Card
Windows 98 SE

I doubt that your machine would handle it much better rajeshb89 but hopefully it does. Reply and tell us how it goes.

I have played it on the lowest settings and the game looks very poor (compared with PS2 version) but with full detail it looks similar to PS2 but runs worse of course.

Edited By Lou Vincent on May 02 2002 at 00:05

rajeshb89

School Cricketer
see i have no idea about graphic cards ...so can u tell me which should i go for????i can buy any graphic card which is RS 4000 or less....

Thank u...

QuickFire

School Cricketer
Actually its 57 MB (Toooooo Big...)
Isn't it? I can't even think of downloading it in my
56kbps dial-up internet conection.....

Anyway, cheers
QuickFire. :D

SCHUMY

Club Cricketer
hi there
i downloaded the demo with 56k modem
it took alot of patience and time
it took almost 12 hours to d/l
i just kept it d/l and wnet to sleep and in the morning it was ony 60 % .........whole night and just 60 % ..........hard to belive coz the server too slow..........but another 5 hours i d/l it great to play such a game

rajeshb89

School Cricketer
see i have no idea about graphic cards ...so can u tell me which should i go for????i can buy any graphic card which is RS 4000 or less....
???

Lou Vincent

School Cricketer
I think I downloaded it in about 4-5 hours with dial-up. Problem is though it no longer works on my machine.

As for graphics cards, I'm not the person to ask. However, I know that GeForce cards are good. GeForce 2, 3 and 4. Careful though because a bottom-of-the-line GeForce 4 is slower than a top-of-the-line GeForce 2. I also know that the more MB RAM the better. 64 or 128 MB RAM is good, while 32 is okay and less is worse.

Hope that helped a little, but talk to someone else who knows more.

A

Atul

Graphics card can be a tricky bussiness.
But I would say (no offence) that SiS 6236 is one of the worst card out there. It is the 8 MB SDRAM one and from what I've seen my Paramedia 2 based Creative Graphics Blaster Exxtreme at 4 MB SGRAM used to beat it hands down. Also it (SiS) has lotsa compatibility problems. This (GBEx) is one of the sweeetest card I've ever used but is nearly obsolete now.
If you're living in Delhi and are familiar with Nehru Place (and Lemington Road in Bombay I think) you will find TNT2 based 32 MB SDRAM cards very commonly available at less than Rs. 2000. These are the no name, no brand, no support, generic cards. Further they use the obsolete SDRAM memory. And moreover the TNT2 is TNT2 M64 ,which nobody (i.e. no vendor will tell you) and which is not exactly hot ;)
So in a nutshell, I would recommend these,
1.If you are planning to upgrade your processor as well, you may go for a motherboard with integrated video (Intel 810 chipset I think, correct me if I'm wrong). They are pretty decent.
2.If not then, you can go for a NVidia Geforce 2 or TNT2. Don't know much about branded gforce rates in Delhi, but I think the generic one's are available for about Rs. 3000. I would however recommend a branded one, even though the price difference maybe huge. A generic TNT2 M64 32 MB SDRAM costs about Rs. 2000 while its Asus cousin AGP V3800 Magic costs about Rs. 3500 - 4000, but again it performs much better than the generic one.
Take care that:
1. The card is based on the latest DDR SDRAM (comes with a gforce only I think, not TNT2).
2. The card is AGP 4X.
3. It is compatible with your motherboard or else it will be a #### of a nightmare getting it to work. The TNT2 cards are notoriously infamous for this.
4. Prefer a branded card but....... welll if you can' t then you can't no point, go for a generic ddr sdram geforce 2,no less and surely not a generic TNT2..

...hope it helps....

A

Atul

Some general tips:

1.Caveat Emptor buyer beware.
2. You ask a vendor for graphics card upgrade and he straightaway recommends a Geforce 4 ,5 ,6 10, 100 (whatever;)), without asking what you use your computer for,,,,beware.
3. If the vendor says you need to upgrade your motherboard to upgrade the card (and you no you don't have too) don't even stand near him. Its a general strategy dishonest vendors use to fleece unknowing buyers (e.g. you want a 40 GB HDD, sure, but you will have to change your motherboard as well).
4. Know your motherboard.Check its manual. Download chiputil.exe from Intel or Unicore BIOS detect utility from unicore.com to know your CPU and motherboards chipset. If your motherboard has a 4X AGP slot, then you dont have to upgrade it to install a new graphics card.
5. Get a bill/cash memo/receipt even if entalis a 5 -10 % extra charges by way of the sales tax. It's worth it, it's a security against faulty goods/sevices.

A

Atul

Last point (looks like I can't stop today). At Celeron 500 MHz, I think you should give a thought of upgrading it. Once you upgrade your graphics system to Gforce2, it would be your CPU that will act as bottleneck. Adding further RAM or better graphics card wont help at all.

Lou Vincent

School Cricketer
Well it's funny, I just upgraded my Detonator Drivers for my TNT2 Ultra and reinstalled C2002 demo which wasn't even working and now it runs about 3 times the speed. :)
That's on Cel 400 with 96MB RAM.

ritwikgames

International Cricketer

i downloaded the demo with 56k modem  
it took alot of patience and time
it took almost 12 hours to d/l
i just kept it d/l and wnet to sleep and in the morning it was ony 60 % .........whole night and just 60 % ..........hard to belive coz the server too slow..........but another 5 hours i d/l it great to play such a game

hey guys,use dap{d'load accelerator plus}...it really speeds up downloads and you can pause and restart d'loads as you wish.I d'loaded the demo in about 4hrs{2 hr slots each day} and i really think its great.

If you are planning to upgrade your processor as well, you may go for a motherboard with integrated video (Intel 810 chipset I think, correct me if I'm wrong). They are pretty decent.

absolutely right...i have a p3 800,810e and 64mb ram with 15gb and it works beutifully even on high detail!

rajeshb89

School Cricketer
do u think a Riva TNT 2 Ultra will play most of todays games...including Cricket 2002 as i cant afford more than 3500 Rs and an Asus Riva Tnt 2 Ultra costs 3500...

so should i go for tnt 2 ultra??

Users who are viewing this thread