TENNIS Tiebreak - Official ATP & WTA game

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
They have the actual license to the ATP and the WTA as organizations…which has never been achieved in the video game world. Players, styles, kits, stadiums are all very different things.
I can't seem them being able to get that many players styles, clothing etc on point. They really struggled with various animations on both AO games, I think aside from the limited licensed players, there wasn't many animations added to be used by the generic or created players.

The licensing for me will be interesting given the image rights has been the hardest thing for tennis games to get by in previous attempts. It'll be interesting to see if this game has the academy or not also.

Nard2020

Club Captain
I can't seem them being able to get that many players styles, clothing etc on point. They really struggled with various animations on both AO games, I think aside from the limited licensed players, there wasn't many animations added to be used by the generic or created players.

The licensing for me will be interesting given the image rights has been the hardest thing for tennis games to get by in previous attempts. It'll be interesting to see if this game has the academy or not also.
They managed to get nearly 50 players and almost half of them had their own styles/animations in their last tennis game.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Truly bizzare.Almost speechless.On the one hand this is going to be the best tennis game ever on the other hand we need your feedback via early access but we are so far short of our aims we don't know when that will be..I am sure the ATP and WTA are very impressed with the way this is going.Personally I don't believe a word of it other than early access is delayed.Something similar was said regarding the ashes on cricket 24 and in the end the Ashes aren't even official in the game let alone being an immersive experience.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
It's quite funny that they've been left red faced after not getting their own information out first. They really shouldn't even say it's releasing in January if they also say it may not be January 11th for early access.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
It's not clear to me whether the "will be released in January" is referring to the early release or the final release. In games that I've seen that have an early release version, it's usually at least several months later before the final release.

Nard2020

Club Captain
I find the statement baffling. You claim it’s the most authentic, and biggest, tennis game ever; state that it’s due to release imminently and then drop a press release…..without a shred of footage or game information to be seen. How does this happen in 2024?

I do feel for the devs. They seem to be stuck between a rock and a hard place.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
It'll be interesting to see if anything pops up on Steam in roughly 26 hours time, I can't imagine an early access dropping at midnight local time here though.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
not holding my breath on this .They kinda said it wouldn't be without completely ruling it out but that was probably to make it sound better than it is.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
not holding my breath on this .They kinda said it wouldn't be without completely ruling it out but that was probably to make it sound better than it is.
Likely wanted it to be out as the Aus Open was about to begin. May still see the early access prior to the tournament ending. Personally with all the issues and sheer lack of any images/gameplay, I'd rather they hold off until Roland Garros if it means a better end product.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Roland Garros,Wimbledon,US open ,end of season tournament. Take your pick or any other ATP/WTA event.Well they have got to get the Rugby game out ,maybe a new season update for AFL 23 and this so who really knows.Nacon also have the car game to get out.Probably a bigger challenge that all of those others given the competition in that field.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Yeah the Rugby game was due out this month after being delayed from September, apparently that is due out end of the month. Can't see them releasing two games in quick succession.

Nard2020

Club Captain
There has to be something weird going on in this relationship. Nacon wants to charge for an early release, without actually showing the game at all. Big Ant says the game is ready and Ross is loving it, yet they have zero to show…..it doesn’t add up.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
There has to be something weird going on in this relationship. Nacon wants to charge for an early release, without actually showing the game at all. Big Ant says the game is ready and Ross is loving it, yet they have zero to show…..it doesn’t add up
Big Ant have never been good at marketing or being transparent in general in my opinion. They seem to wait until the release date is almost hitting them in the face before they show any screenshots/gameplay. On him loving the game etc, he thinks every game his company releases are amazing games, so it's hard to get excited when he says he's loving it.

Nard2020

Club Captain
Big Ant have never been good at marketing or being transparent in general in my opinion. They seem to wait until the release date is almost hitting them in the face before they show any screenshots/gameplay. On him loving the game etc, he thinks every game his company releases are amazing games, so it's hard to get excited when he says he's loving it.
But that’s the thing, Nacon has taken over the marketing and even BA has reiterated this on social media. Nacon started full marketing for Tennis World Tour 1 nearly 3 months prior to release, began releasing screens and videos 8 months prior. For Tennis World Tour 2 they released footage and info 4 months prior to release.

Users who are viewing this thread