TENNIS Tiebreak - Official ATP & WTA game

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
30 euros for a game where you have no idea whatsoever what you are actually getting. New depths of mediocrity from this once exciting studio.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
guy palying on twitch shows all the issues.Cpu player didn't win a single point all points were due to user error.
Post automatically merged:

ball goes into the net a lot for no apparent reason.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
I'm mixed on it, it's definitely more fluid than AO 2, but yeah the ball going into the net often is frustrating as it seems to be inconsistent with how you time the ball.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Slowly warming to the game.Would highly recommend doing the tutorial .There are 3 parts only the first part is live.Basic serving is fine but serving an ace will take a lot of practice as will winning a service game.I had this issue in twt2 where it was easier to win as a reciever than as the server.It might be a bug but most second shots after serving go into the net or it might be me.Generally its hard to have rallys of more than 2 or 3 shots as it ends up going into the net for no obvious reason.Graphics ok need a serve gun board to show serve speeds and there is an obvious error in the ave serve speed on the game stats.Another thing on the graphic when the player takes his racquet out the racquet looks far to big in proportion to his body.Coin toss doesn't work properly on quick play.To get the most out of it you probably need to spend some time practicing on it.Price is fair -from memory the cheapest big ant release of all time.I am going to keep it but whether i will still be that interested when game updates in a few months i am not so sure.One thing that i am now confused about.The AO isn't in the game so what was the delay with shirts.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
The play is certainly smoother than AO. Also, the players don't make stupid gestures to the crowd when the make a good shot. At least I haven't seen any so far. That drove me crazy in AO. I haven't got the hang of the LT and RT triggers on the serve yet, but I will. So far so good.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Slowly warming to the game.Would highly recommend doing the tutorial .There are 3 parts only the first part is live.Basic serving is fine but serving an ace will take a lot of practice as will winning a service game.I had this issue in twt2 where it was easier to win as a reciever than as the server.It might be a bug but most second shots after serving go into the net or it might be me.Generally its hard to have rallys of more than 2 or 3 shots as it ends up going into the net for no obvious reason.Graphics ok need a serve gun board to show serve speeds and there is an obvious error in the ave serve speed on the game stats.Another thing on the graphic when the player takes his racquet out the racquet looks far to big in proportion to his body.Coin toss doesn't work properly on quick play.To get the most out of it you probably need to spend some time practicing on it.Price is fair -from memory the cheapest big ant release of all time.I am going to keep it but whether i will still be that interested when game updates in a few months i am not so sure.One thing that i am now confused about.The AO isn't in the game so what was the delay with shirts.
The price is definitely not far. They’ve stated the price will go up as they add to the game. So the final cost will likely be the same as their other releases.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
What did you post. I saw a bit of your live stream.To me the game doesn't really take tennis games forward. Its not better than anything else already out there and the early access is quite bare bones .The numbers on steam speak for themselves. I suspect if top spin comes out sooner rather than later the road map will be ditched.Not having the game on consoles is a killer for big ant and majority of sales are there.

saturator

Club Cricketer
Hi folks
It's been a while!

I have bought TieBreak and I really enjoy it.
The gameplay is deepeer than you can think when you try it for the first time.
It's really more like AO Tennis feeling than TWT2

The motion capture is not perfect but they have added a lot of new animations.
The game is smooth and you can now to to the net, to play a great volley and I loved it.
The graphics are clean and I like the differents moments in the day to play in the mourning, afternoon, the night.
I have tested on my Rog Ally and on my laptop with a I7 12700h/3070ti/32Gb/1to SSD, it runs fine with full options with TAA filtering

So i have post some footage one my channel, so let's go!!

Kyrgios VS Cpu medium at Madrid

Medvedev Vs Murray at Indians Well - Medium

Zverev Vs Medvedev - Hard rock stadium - Hard

Zverev Vs Kyrgios - Monte Carlo - Medium Night

Nard2020

Club Captain
What did you post. I saw a bit of your live stream.To me the game doesn't really take tennis games forward. Its not better than anything else already out there and the early access is quite bare bones .The numbers on steam speak for themselves. I suspect if top spin comes out sooner rather than later the road map will be ditched.Not having the game on consoles is a killer for big ant and majority of sales are there.
The problem is that their rollout (and reputation) leave them at TopSpin’s mercy. The “coming soon” from 2K’s game seems to suggest that it should be out by March/April, which would spell instant doom for Tiebreak given May seems to be its target. They need TopSpin to be a second half of the year release if they want to keep a May date. Otherwise they might even be better off letting it cook in early access and releasing it for the 2025 season, in late 2024.

From the looks of things, Big Ant seem to have some decent ideas that need to be polished and fleshed out- between those, the academy and the plethora of licenses, they could make some noise IF they were to get out before TopSpin.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Hi folks
It's been a while!

I have bought TieBreak and I really enjoy it.
The gameplay is deepeer than you can think when you try it for the first time.
It's really more like AO Tennis feeling than TWT2

The motion capture is not perfect but they have added a lot of new animations.
The game is smooth and you can now to to the net, to play a great volley and I loved it.
The graphics are clean and I like the differents moments in the day to play in the mourning, afternoon, the night.
I have tested on my Rog Ally and on my laptop with a I7 12700h/3070ti/32Gb/1to SSD, it runs fine with full options with TAA filtering

So i have post some footage one my channel, so let's go!!

Kyrgios VS Cpu medium at Madrid

Medvedev Vs Murray at Indians Well - Medium

Zverev Vs Medvedev - Hard rock stadium - Hard

Zverev Vs Kyrgios - Monte Carlo - Medium Night
Are you paid by Big Ant to say these things? You and I must be playing a completely different game... There is so much wrong with this

saturator

Club Cricketer
Are you paid by Big Ant to say these things? You and I must be playing a completely different game... There is so much wrong with this
No I'm a french consumer like you.
You can like or hate the gameplay.
But the game is better than AO tennis 2 and TWT2.

Not perfect, TP4 is far better in AI, physics, gameplay, feelings but it a good step in thr right direction. Nothing more nothing less.

Users who are viewing this thread