Tips for Batting & Bowling?

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Greetings,

I am really struggling with my team in ICC 2012 and would really like some help from the players here. I play International Career only with Pakistan. What's happening is that;

In Tests:
- My batting collapses on a pitch where the CPU made 400+ runs
- My bowlers can't get wickets the same way CPU took in my batting
- I usually need to be very slow in batting because I keep getting out if I play too aggressive, while the CPU plays on a good strike rate against me even in Tests.

In ODs:
- Same problem that many has with this game, batting not aggressive enough.
- Batsmen get out early if I raise the aggression bar above 6 early
- CPU usually make around 250 with ease while I get stuck around 170

I also want to know any good bowling tips for Tests. Both on containing the batsmen and going for the wickets. Any advice on coaching young batsmen/bowlers would be appreciated.

hassanyasin1

Club Cricketer
WELL SALAMAN heres what i do and always get runs..

Pakistan's batting is weak so in tests keep batsmen on very defensive, until they get settled then as their innings progresses get the rating upto 2-3 bars

heres the best test squad you can choose:

Ahmed shahzad
Nasir Jamshaid
Younis Khan
Haris Sohail
Asad shafik
Sarfraz ahmed (wk)
mohammed yousuf or umar akmal
mohammad hafeez (spinning allrounder)
Imran Chandio (spinner)
Aizaz cheema (best bowler in pakistan .. Fast bowler)
Bilawal Bhatti (R fast bowler) .... ( becomes an amazing bowler later on probably your spear head after about a year, as aizaz cheema fades away.. but at the begging of his career keep him only in tests, and bowl him for small spells.. hes an attacking bowler who doesn't have the best of economy, but has the ability to pick up quick wickets on his day)

reserves:
Rizwan Haider ( fast bowling allrounder)
Umar gul (fast bowler)
Mohammed irfan ( the spinning allrounder -- becomes a great player in the future)
Mohammed Rizwan (wk.. Batsmen)
Kamran Hussain (SLA - spinner - he gets really good.. after a little while) - he's only good in test.. not a good limited overs bowler
Azhar ali (batsmen .. keep in the top order)

in limited overs games .. always make your bowlers bowl outside off stump.. unless you are near the end of an innings then bowl yorkers..
T20 TEAM:

ahmed shahzad
Nasir Jamshaid
Mohammed hafeez
asad shafik
Umar akmal
haseeb azam ( aggressive all rounder)
Mohammed rizwan or sarfraz ahmed ( depending on if you need aggression or stability)
Rizwan Haider or sohail tanvir ( depending if you need batting depth or bowling)
Umar gul
Imran chandio
Aizaz Cheema

For Batting start with one batsmen on 3 aggression bars , and one on 4/5 bars depending on the urgency.. then near the end you can accelerate with wickets in hand..
ODI Team:

ahmed shahzad
Nasir Jamshaid
Mohammed hafeez
Younus Khan
asad shafik
Umar akmal
Sarfraz ahmed
Sohail Tanvir
Umar gul
Imran Chandio
Aizaz Cheema

hope this helps:

i'll just tell you ratings for the 3 best fast bowlers, 3 best spinners, 4 best batsmen, and 2 best all rounders:

best fast bowlers:
1. Aizaz Cheema 9/10
2. Bilawal Bhatti 7/10
3. Umar Gul 6.8/10

Best Spinners:
1. Imran Chandio 7.5/10
2. Kamran Hussain 6.9/10 -- ( will become an easy 9/10 in the future)
3. mohammed hafeez 6.9/10

Best Batsmen:
1. younis khan 8/10
2. asad shafik 7.5/10
3. ahmed shahzad 7.2/10
4. haris sohail 7/10 or sarfraz ahmed 7/10

Best allrounders:
1. mohammed hafeez 7.5/10
2. Haseeb Azam 5/10

:)

Last edited:

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
WELL SALAMAN heres what i do and always get runs..

Pakistan's batting is weak so in tests keep batsmen on very defensive, until they get settled then as their innings progresses get the rating upto 2-3 bars

heres the best test squad you can choose:

Ahmed shahzad
Nasir Jamshaid
Younis Khan
Haris Sohail
Asad shafik
Sarfraz ahmed (wk)
mohammed yousuf or umar akmal
mohammad hafeez (spinning allrounder)
Imran Chandio (spinner)
Aizaz cheema (best bowler in pakistan .. Fast bowler)
Bilawal Bhatti (R fast bowler) .... ( becomes an amazing bowler later on probably your spear head after about a year, as aizaz cheema fades away.. but at the begging of his career keep him only in tests, and bowl him for small spells.. hes an attacking bowler who doesn't have the best of economy, but has the ability to pick up quick wickets on his day)

reserves:
Rizwan Haider ( fast bowling allrounder)
Umar gul (fast bowler)
Mohammed irfan ( the spinning allrounder -- becomes a great player in the future)
Mohammed Rizwan (wk.. Batsmen)
Kamran Hussain (SLA - spinner - he gets really good.. after a little while) - he's only good in test.. not a good limited overs bowler
Azhar ali (batsmen .. keep in the top order)

in limited overs games .. always make your bowlers bowl outside off stump.. unless you are near the end of an innings then bowl yorkers..
T20 TEAM:

ahmed shahzad
Nasir Jamshaid
Mohammed hafeez
asad shafik
Umar akmal
haseeb azam ( aggressive all rounder)
Mohammed rizwan or sarfraz ahmed ( depending on if you need aggression or stability)
Rizwan Haider or sohail tanvir ( depending if you need batting depth or bowling)
Umar gul
Imran chandio
Aizaz Cheema

For Batting start with one batsmen on 3 aggression bars , and one on 4/5 bars depending on the urgency.. then near the end you can accelerate with wickets in hand..
ODI Team:

ahmed shahzad
Nasir Jamshaid
Mohammed hafeez
Younus Khan
asad shafik
Umar akmal
Sarfraz ahmed
Sohail Tanvir
Umar gul
Imran Chandio
Aizaz Cheema

hope this helps:

i'll just tell you ratings for the 3 best fast bowlers, 3 best spinners, 4 best batsmen, and 2 best all rounders:

best fast bowlers:
1. Aizaz Cheema 9/10
2. Bilawal Bhatti 7/10
3. Umar Gul 6.8/10

Best Spinners:
1. Imran Chandio 7.5/10
2. Kamran Hussain 6.9/10 -- ( will become an easy 9/10 in the future)
3. mohammed hafeez 6.9/10

Best Batsmen:
1. younis khan 8/10
2. asad shafik 7.5/10
3. ahmed shahzad 7.2/10
4. haris sohail 7/10 or sarfraz ahmed 7/10

Best allrounders:
1. mohammed hafeez 7.5/10
2. Haseeb Azam 5/10

Well, thanks a lot brother. This is really going to help me. I didn't expect such a lengthy and detailed reply though :)

I'm gonna try the players you've mentioned :thumbs Thanks a lot for your time bro :cheers

1 thing I forgot to ask was that, do we need to create custom fields? Because I think the default fields are made for this gameplay and suits it best, but still sometimes I think that maybe it's necessary to create your own fields.

hassanyasin1

Club Cricketer
yeah you need custom feilds.. in tests i usually just do it if the opposition is getting away with the game i.e. put a fielder where the opposition are scoring lots of runs..

In onedays/T20's it is key to change field settings in the end of an innings.. so you may adapt for the yorkers being bowled.

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
yeah you need custom feilds.. in tests i usually just do it if the opposition is getting away with the game i.e. put a fielder where the opposition are scoring lots of runs..

In onedays/T20's it is key to change field settings in the end of an innings.. so you may adapt for the yorkers being bowled.

Okay I'll try making some then :P
Thanks for the help :)

hassanyasin1

Club Cricketer
forgot to tell you.. ikhramullah khan is also predicted to become a great bowler.. but he does in like 4 years...... and Lal Kumar becomes a very good allrounder in about 2 years.... and shahid afridi in the begging is 6.7/10 for bowling, and 4/10 for batting (but he deteriorates very quickly......... ( i would only pick him in t20's)

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
forgot to tell you.. ikhramullah khan is also predicted to become a great bowler.. but he does in like 4 years...... and Lal Kumar becomes a very good allrounder in about 2 years.... and shahid afridi in the begging is 6.7/10 for bowling, and 4/10 for batting (but he deteriorates very quickly......... ( i would only pick him in t20's)

Okay bro -- I'll look for them also ;)
Thanks a lot for the info :)

hassanyasin1

Club Cricketer
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/international-cricket-captain-forum/editing-icc-2012-a-80621-19.html

th Nov 2012, 03:03 PM #277 (permalink)
frefort
Weekend Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgieb
Scout isn't working for me...any clues on how to use it?
Try the scout in the file attached. The original program is someone else's doing. I made a few changes to improve the scout, and also made a mod to unretire all players and make them young.

Enjoy

P.S if the scout is not working try opening it as an admin and/or update your .NET Framework
Attached Files
scout and mod.rar (27.6 KB, 72 views)

DOWNLOAD THE SCOUT.. IF YOU WANNA KNOW PLAYER ABILITIES.....

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/international-cricket-captain-forum/editing-icc-2012-a-80621-19.html

th Nov 2012, 03:03 PM #277 (permalink)
frefort
Weekend Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgieb
Scout isn't working for me...any clues on how to use it?
Try the scout in the file attached. The original program is someone else's doing. I made a few changes to improve the scout, and also made a mod to unretire all players and make them young.

Enjoy

P.S if the scout is not working try opening it as an admin and/or update your .NET Framework
Attached Files
scout and mod.rar (27.6 KB, 72 views)

DOWNLOAD THE SCOUT.. IF YOU WANNA KNOW PLAYER ABILITIES.....

Thanks for sharing bro but I guess I'll be sticking to finding the good players myself ;) makes the game more realistic :)

Users who are viewing this thread