ICC 2009 - Advice/guides.

6ry4nj

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I seen the light!

Bowling aggression: Zero or one aggression bar doesn't do it for me. With appropriate field settings, full aggression from a reasonable bowler needn't go for dozens an over.

:facepalmI made a big boo-boo when I said this. While I would still (tentatively because I've got barely a clue about the subject) recommend max aggro in FC/Test matches (to batsmen who are not set and who haven't yet been able to capitalize...), I have now learnt to use any bowling aggression at all sparingly in limited-overs. I now bowl max aggression to new batsmen for the first 6 balls they face. Although this brings mixed results ie. sometimes goes for runs, it gets enough wickets, maidens and dot-balls for me to recommend it. Perhaps it would be worth keeping the aggression up a bit for a few more balls. Probably. As yet I haven't had the guts to try :noway

The rest of the time, I never step off 0 (ie no bars). I realized I had to make a change when I failed to defend 302... And this works much better for me than what I was doing before. Weirdly, (you could put it down to getting frustrated) I get far more wickets this way. All aggression ever got me was near-misses.

I haven't really experimented with one or two bars, so it might be worth tweaking this strategy, but I can confidently state that 3 or more bars to reasonably settled batsmen is virtually always a no-no.

Users who are viewing this thread