Help with Cricket Captain 2012 - how do I play better?

Lord Zambia

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi,

I've played Cricket captain 2009 and 2010 and have recently bought 2012, but I am struggling to perform with any consistency.

In test matches, the AI usually bats to a score of 600 before declaring, usually with 3+ wickets in hand after 4 or 5 sessions. Sometimes I can score 400 or 500 in response, but often the AI goes through this period where they take 5 wickets in 10 overs regardless of my batter's settings.

It seems that what aggression I set my players on is completely irrelevant - I find that my batsmen get out after about 20-50 balls whether they are on max-defensive or max-aggression, or anywhere in-between. When I'm lucky, one or two batsmen will stay in and get a 50 or hundred, but for about 70% of my games, not one batter gets 40 or more runs.

Furthermore, the AI seems to be able to score at ridiculous rates regardless of my bowling aggression. In test matches they score at 5 and over, whether I bowl aggressively or defensively. In ODIs they score at 6.5 an over and in 20/20s they get totals of 250+ runs. I try customising field settings to particular batsmen, targeting weaknesses, changing bowlers, varying line and length and aggression, and nothing seems to work.

I played ICC 2009 and 2010 alot, and never had this trouble. It wasn't necessarily easy, but I played as Sri Lanka and was able to get my test and ODI ranking to about 2nd or 3rd, but in ICC 2012 It drops to 7 or 8 very quickly.

Can anybody help me by telling me what I'm doing wrong? Or am I better off throwing 2012 in the bin and searching for my older version of the game?

Cheers for any assistance,

supratim

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
yes help needed........just lost to england by 5-0 in easy mode...........:(

Users who are viewing this thread