Tour match thread -Scotland v Australia Aug 28

This thread is too confusing. I still don't get it.

How are there over 500 posts for a match which hasn't even happened.

It's the second Lions game of the tour, of course it would be popular ;)

Peter English reckons we should rest Hussey, I think he has a point. This could be his last test if he fails, and scoring runs against tour teams didn't help him at the start of the series.

Resting an out of form player?

Wouldn't you want him in getting some runs under his belt? Don't know how it would do any harm.

Wouldn't do any harm but it doesn't seem to do any good either. Hussey just can't stay in like he usually does, he starts to look good, gets about 50 runs then suddenly a delivery will defeat him and hes back to the pavilion.

I'm not sure the squad has a viable alternative. None appear more likely to make runs and none are better fielders. If they want to bring in a fifth bowler, then it's even more complicated.

Hussey won't be dropped here. No chance. Ponting has said the side will probably be the same. And if there is any change its going to be someone out for a bowler. i.e Lee/Hauritz (more likely the spinner).

Hussey should of played this match then enjoyed his last Ashes test match.

Wouldn't do any harm but it doesn't seem to do any good either. Hussey just can't stay in like he usually does, he starts to look good, gets about 50 runs then suddenly a delivery will defeat him and hes back to the pavilion.

He's got Bellitis.

Hussey will play, there's not really a good alternative. Watson is comfortable opening now, moving him back down could threaten that.

Peter English reckons we should rest Hussey, I think he has a point. This could be his last test if he fails, and scoring runs against tour teams didn't help him at the start of the series.

I disagree with English. Hussey was given a long rest after South Africa to freshen up and if he can't find his form after a rest, I can't see the point of resting him for this match. Just tell him he's gonna play the 5th Test no matter what, that's the way to release some pressure - not by resting him. I'm sure he WANTS to play and get the ball in the middle of his bat.

Resting an out of form player?

Wouldn't you want him in getting some runs under his belt? Don't know how it would do any harm.

Agreed Hooper.

Love the signature by the way. Yes Clark is pretty good, but the amount of smoke being blown up the man's rear is INSANE. Surely you can all see this!!! As I keep saying: Brett Lee has outbowled Stuart Clark in EVERY series since the 06/07 Ashes...

Haha, I knew you would notice that little rippers sifter.

Yes, I know I have gone overboard... But come on, we bring him in and he cleans up the top/middle order in his comeback test after being out for a long time. Give the bloke a bit of credit. :p

We are apparently sending in Hartley as the WK for the game against the Lions because our stand in keeper who was meant to play for the injured Haddin is injured. :rtfl

Hartley was over there already playing in League Cricket, but Paine wouldn't have been a bad idea, get him over there to get used to the conditions for the ODI series.

Users who are viewing this thread