Trains

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Bala said:
I had to go to Delhi for the Auto Expo in January. My train was scheduled to leave at 10.00 PM. The train came into the station by 11.45 and departed by 12.30 AM. And it reached Delhi 7 hours late! Talk about being punctual. Sheesh! :mad

the only trains in India that are on time are Rajdhani.

Sureshot

Executive member
aussie1st said:
Yea they don't sell gum but if you go across the border to Malaysia you can get gum ;)
How does the train system in Aus run? Over here we have a conductor that comes around asking for tickets. I got my fair share of free rides when it was rush hour :)
But the best system is the one where you pay before entering the station like in England and Singapore.

Not at all stations does the system of a ticket machine within a gate happen.

For example from my station to Brighton.

About 10 stations.

Only Worthing, Hove and Brighton have the gates iirc.

Although there is always a conductor, and as most trains have about 4 carriages, it's nigh on impossible to not pay at times.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Sureshot said:
Not at all stations does the system of a ticket machine within a gate happen.

For example from my station to Brighton.

About 10 stations.

Only Worthing, Hove and Brighton have the gates iirc.

Although there is always a conductor, and as most trains have about 4 carriages, it's nigh on impossible to not pay at times.

I take none of the stations you pass have the ticket machine? As it sounds a bit silly to have a conductor collecting fares and a ticket machine as it would get confusing for them sometimes. In London it was all ticketed in the areas I went to.

Sureshot

Executive member
Yeh it would be, London is slightly bigger than Durrington ;)

At Durrington you could get onto a train without paying, you wouldn't last long without seeing a conductor.

There is a Ticket Office there though.

But at Brighton and at Hove you can't get on without a ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread