Transmission - more random settings please

thevicky

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Agreed... would be fanatastic if possible...

Not just names but appearances, abilities (which from what I'm reading are quite wonky) etc.

I know you could do this via an option file in PES. Anything similar here? (I know this is almost identical to a thread I satrted over a month ago)

Edit - what i posted last time:

Editing the Game - Consoles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

Long time lurker on these forums, first time poster.

Just wondering, having often heard Jomie and the other guys at Trasmission/Codies talk about making the game the "PES" of cricket whether the unlicensed players and teams can be as easily modded as the ones in PES.

More specifically is there an "option file" type of system that committed modders can use and then upload for the benefit of others to save to their systems hardrives? (I know this is true for the PS3 version and I assume it is the same for the XBOX360).

I have seen some of the mods done on here for other cricket games (PC versions obviously) and they are just amazing. Personally, I know I don't have the skill, patience or time to get anything even close to the quality of what I have seen on here.

It would be fantastic if console owners were able to take advantage of the editing skills of other users and the benefit is not for those with the PC version only.

Cheers

Last edited:

sw25

School Cricketer
I've got the PS3 version as well, I think it is possible all that needs to be done is change the other teams names (stats, faces etc.) save it then upload the saved game file for others to download. Would be good if someone can do it.

thevicky

Club Captain
I've got the PS3 version as well, I think it is possible all that needs to be done is change the other teams names (stats, faces etc.) save it then upload the saved game file for others to download. Would be good if someone can do it.

More than good... having seen the detail some people have gone into with mods for other games on here it would be fanstastic... wish I had the time, the ability or the patience to do so...

GilchristRulz

Club Cricketer
some tips needed (PS3)

Ok got the game today. played Ashes series then decided to go online. Which in all honesty i found bit difficult and why i find it difficult it's that most people just bowl at me full in to my legs which i cannot play length balls are not a problem for me i mean it's the full length balls which i cannot play i press x then analog to the direction i want to hit at but i get bowled so does any ps3 players have any tips except for pressing square which is for defense obviously lol and that i do not need in a 2020 mode especially at first few overs.Also i cannot complain about people using this kind of tactics to bowl full at your legs i guess to win you can do anything lol.

any kind of tips would be welcomed.:D

formula1man

International Cricketer
shuffle across your stumps and aim to a legside gap. Press X just as the ball is half way down the pitch. Earlier rather than later

crical

School Cricketer
Reverse swing!!

To anyone out their who has played the extended demo, or in fact has played the full version (by the time you are reading this), I am a little confused about the reverse swing input.

First of all, what does this input actually do?

Secondly, just like the normal bowling techniques, whilst playing in two player mode your opponent can view the buttons your pressing and can see you switching between swing, cut and reverse. Therefore their must be a way to switch the bowling HUD off, is there?

Swingers

Club Cricketer
Secondly, just like the normal bowling techniques, whilst playing in two player mode your opponent can view the buttons your pressing and can see you switching between swing, cut and reverse. Therefore their must be a way to switch the bowling HUD off, is there?

You can "bluff" bowl when playing against another human. Select any delivery to start your run up but press a different ball to bowl that corrosponding delivery instead. So you can fool an opponent by thinking your bowling an in-swinger but you actually bowl an outswinger, or slower ball :banana2:banana2

P

pcfan123

You can "bluff" bowl when playing against another human. Select any delivery to start your run up but press a different ball to bowl that corrosponding delivery instead. So you can fool an opponent by thinking your bowling an in-swinger but you actually bowl an outswinger, or slower ball :banana2:banana2

ah thats why you pick twice! I thought it was stupid but I had only played against AI

rlfan82

Club Cricketer
just seen random options for wind and something else.

Can we have random options for everything please! Especially pitch wear and temperature, even what gorund you play at.

Just makes it a bit more exciting online.

rlfan82

Club Cricketer
When they finish the game. Then they can do this.

Erm, is that an attempt at sarcasm?

The game is finished, or as finished as its gonna be for the next 2 years. some random elements is a small request compared to people asking for AI that mirrors humans :sarcasm

P

pcfan123

Erm, is that an attempt at sarcasm?

The game is finished, or as finished as its gonna be for the next 2 years. some random elements is a small request compared to people asking for AI that mirrors humans :sarcasm

Seeing the way we had to beg and please for screen shots, Id say asking for a patch is futile

Users who are viewing this thread