Twenty20 WC Umpires ?

Chimp132

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i wasnt sure where to post this in the 2020 part because its relient to all groups nd stuff...

what umpires are umpirering the 2020 world cup, most of them got banned from it because of the world cup 07 final didnt they ?

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The umpires and match officials for the tournament have only been announced for the group stages so far:

Match Referees

Chris Broad
Mike Procter
Ranjan Madugalle

Fourth Officials

Karl Hurter
Brian Jerling
Marais Erasmus

Umpires

Daryl Harper
Mark Benson
Nigel Llong
Billy Doctrove
Simon Taufel
Steve Davis
Asad Rauf
Tony Hill
Ian Howell

I got this information from the official ICC website.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Whout about Billy? He is a legend and everyone loves him.

I assume you mean Billy Bowden. He was an umpire in the farce that was the World Cup final earlier this year so he has not been selected to officiate this tournament as a punishment.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The ICC should have had Rudi Koertzen and Russel Tiffin also.
They are also good umpires.

Chimp132

International Cricketer
billy bowden should defently be umpirering, his signals would be even more wild in a 2020 match lol, has anyone seen bowden umpirering a 2020 ?

btw i hant replyed in this thread because i couldnt find it lol :S

irottev

School Cricketer
Other than his entertaining signals, I find him to be a substandard umpire and am not disappointed that he is not umpiring.

Well he's certainly one of the best. I can't remember a really bad decision he's ever made which has cost anyone. I can name about 5 each from Aleem Dar and Asad Rauf and many others. I do remember the important [correct] Ashes deciding decision he made under pressure in England though.

Him being banned because of being involved is ridiculous. I think he was 4th umpire in that match. As if he had any input in the World Cup thing. He didn't deserve the punishment.

I've Seen Billy do Twenty/20's. He doesn't do much different. I think all the umpires should try be a bit more innovative rather then stand there like statues.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Well i'm pleased to see the back of Steve Bucknow here.

Bucknor would himself have delayed the match.He takes so much time for the decisions !

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
and what was the wc final farce?? :o

The umpires and officials suggested playing the few remaining overs of the match the following day, despite Australia being in an unassailable position.

Eventually, those overs were bowled in near pitch blackness.

Users who are viewing this thread