Umpires

Who do you think the best umpires in world cricket is of late?

• Billy Bowden

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • Steve Bucknor

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • David Sheperd

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Simon Taufel

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Rudi Keortzen

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Aleem Da

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Steve Davis

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Daryl Harper

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

S_Harmison

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
What will happen if Australia lose this series.. it is plain to see that they are not what they used to be, yes they still have individual brilliance but i would not say that they are still the best team in the world. Anyway, everyonehas there opinions, lets move on.

dazza76

Club Cricketer
S_Harmison said:
What will happen if Australia lose this series.. it is plain to see that they are not what they used to be, yes they still have individual brilliance but i would not say that they are still the best team in the world. Anyway, everyonehas there opinions, lets move on.

To earn the reputation as best team in the world takes time and i don't think the tide can turn on just one series. the gap is narrowing but on there day you would still back Australia to beat anybody. If Australia struggle at home against South Africa later this year and England win comfortably in Pakistan this will give us a more realistic indication of where the balance of power is heading.

Dhoni

School Cricketer
I've voted for Billy Bowden and he's the best umpire to me.

dazza76

Club Cricketer
Can anybody rememeber who the Aussie umpire was who kept no balling Muralitharan in the world series a good few years back when the Sri Lanka team walked off the pitch?
I think it was the same tournament that Gough feighned a head but at one of the Sri Lankan players (possibly Chandana) after they barged in to each other

dazza76

Club Cricketer
themuel1 said:
Daryll Hair?, Steve Randall?

I found out this afternoon it was Aussie umpire Ross Emerson.
I dont think he ever umpired again after that match which i thought was a disgrace.
Muralitharan's action is in my opinion the dodgiest i have ever seen but he still gets away with it. He knows he is not under any threat. No umpires are going to call him for chucking anymore.
Just Who is running cricket these days? The subcontinent influence on the ICC is my guess.

Indiangod

International Coach
I think steve buckner is the best. That bowden guy gets on my nerves sometimes, but after all he gives you some entertainment.

tsyrmas

Club Cricketer
dazza76 said:
To earn the reputation as best team in the world takes time and i don't think the tide can turn on just one series. the gap is narrowing but on there day you would still back Australia to beat anybody. If Australia struggle at home against South Africa later this year and England win comfortably in Pakistan this will give us a more realistic indication of where the balance of power is heading.

I'll drink to that! when India beat Australia in 2001 after Austrlia had won 16 tests in a row, did that all of a sudden make India the best team in the world?

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Trivia question, who is the other bowler Daryll Hair has no-balled for throwing?

Aside from Bowden being entertaining, he is also very clear on his authority on the field. He says very clearly "no" and shakes his head when he means no.

Taufel is very good, possibly the best. Probably this is because he is young and also very professional about his work.

Users who are viewing this thread