Venues announced for 2005 ICC Trophy

Rangeela

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
The International Cricket Council and the Irish Cricket Union today announced the venues for the ICC Trophy Ireland 2005, the tournament which will determine the final five qualifying places for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2007.

The eighth ICC Trophy will bring together 12 teams to contest 42 matches at 25 venues, a record for an ICC event, in the first half of July. The venues, which are still subject to final ICC inspection, are spread out across the north and south of Ireland with the group phase scheduled to take place in the north and the finals in the south. Clontarf, the ground at which Ireland defeated Surrey by five wickets in this year's Cheltenham and Gloucester Trophy, will host the final.

Ehsan Mani, the ICC's president, said the tournament was fortunate to have so many highly rated grounds available throughout Ireland. "The ICC is delighted that the games will be played at such a variety of venues as it means that no ground will be played on too frequently and that will augur well for the state of the pitches," said Mani. "It is obviously a hugely important aspect of the tournament, not least because five of the 12 countries will qualify for the ICC Cricket World Cup in the West Indies in 2007."

John Wright, secretary of the Irish Cricket Union who will also be the tournament director, said: "We are very grateful for the enthusiastic manner in which clubs throughout the country responded to the invitation to host games. In fact we received more acceptances than were required so, inevitably, some clubs will be disappointed. However, such is the enthusiasm for the tournament that some of these clubs have offered their facilities for `warm-up' games."

Ireland will play their five first phase matches at Bangor, North Down, Waringstown and Civil Service which will stage two matches.

The full list of venues is as follows:

Armagh, Bangor, Carrick, Civil Service, Cliftonville, Clontarf, Cooke Collegians, Downpatrick, Drummond, Eglinton, Instonians, Leinster, Limavady, Lisburn, Lurgan, Malahide, Merrion, Muckamore, Newforge, North County, North Down, RBAI (Osborne Park, Belfast), The Hills, Waringstown, Woodvale.

Details on ticketing and hospitality arrangements will be made available in early 2005.

Eleven of the participating nations in the ICC Trophy 2005 are now known and the groups have been drawn. The final team will be the winner of ICC World Cup Qualifying Series (WCQS) event in Malaysia in February.

Group A
Bermuda, Denmark, Ireland, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, United States.

Group B
Canada, Holland, Namibia, Oman, Scotland, WCQS winner.

Previous winners
1979 - Sri Lanka
1982 ? Zimbabwe
1986 ? Zimbabwe
1990 ? Zimbabwe
1994 ? UAE
1997 ? Bangladesh
2001 ? Holland

? ICC

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I predict UAE, Holland, Oman and Ireland being the main countries. Why? Just!!
(Actually Oman and UAE contested the ACC trophy finals, that's why.)

Canada is probably a pretty strong team. USA doesn't look that strong, though. The problem with all the minnow teams is that their batting is not up to mark. Their bowling suffices either because it is good or too slow--but the batting is no where near competitive.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Ireland and the UAE are easily the strongest teams in their group, Ireland beat the West Indies this year! USA are too old, Bermuda were unimpressive in the Americas qualifying tournament, Denmark were unimpressive in the European championships this year. Uganda may cause an upset if they're on form.

Group B is a bit tighter.

Canada and Scotland will probably qualify, Scotland play against first class opponents more than any other team, and will be encouraged by their performance in the intercontinental cup. Canada will have John Davison available, and he can turn a game on it's head at this level.

The 5th qualifier will probably come from this group, I can't see Oman competing. They're only an affiliate member, and up against the experience of the other 4 teams, they have no chance.

Holland and Nambia are certainly experienced, but on current form Namibia would have to be favourites.

If Nepal can qualify from the final qualifying tournament, they're in with a small chance.

fardin

PC Awards 2005 Most Improved Member
my country afghanistan did well in acc trophy almost beating oman' where khan made 100 runs hitting 4 sixes and couple of beautifull shots around groung' in the acc the match between oma Vs Oman
No BATSMAN HOW OUT BOWLER RUNS BALL 4s 6s
1 N.Ros bowled H.Mehta 101 133 9 2
2 M.Karim ct wk H.Desai 0 4 - -
3 M.Asghar bowled H.Desai 0 8 - -
4 Assadullah ct wk A.Ilyas 25 52 3 -
5 A.Shah lbw H.Mehta 21 42 1 -
6 K.Dad ct Mayekar R.Sharma 23 30 2 -
7 M.Nabi ct M.Asif H.Desai 4 8 - -
8 H.Gull bowled H.Desai 2 5 - -
9 M.Shahpoor not out - 1 2 - -
10 D.A.Zai bowled H.Desai 0 1 - -
11 A.D.Shah lbw H.Desai 0 1 - -
No BATSMAN HOW OUT BOWLER RUNS BALL 4s 6s
1 A . Ilyas bowled A.D.Noori 15 9 3 -
2 H . Desai ct wk M.Nabi 82 61 11 3
3 A . Mayekar ct H.Gull M.Nabi 23 47 2 -
4 S . Qaim lbw Assadullah 0 4 - -
5 R . Sharma not out - 31 73 1 -
6 S . Ahmed ct wk M.Nabi 15 34 1 -
7 M.Asif ct M.Shah M.Karim 14 45 1 -
8 S.A.Ali not out - 4 4 1 -
9 H.Mehta dnb - - - - -
10 A.A.Balluchi dnb - - - - -
11 A.Sampat dnb - - - - -

Batsmen total 177 286 15 2
Extras : NB-0/ Wides-16 /Bye -4 / Leg Byes -5 / Penalties - 25 - - -
Provisional Score for Innings- 202 286 15 2
Penalties Awarded in Other Innings- - - - -
Final Score for 10 Wkts 202 286 15 2
Batsmen total 184 277 28 3
Extras : NB-3 / Wides-10 /Bye-4 / Leg Byes -3 / Penalties - 20 - - -
Provisional Score for Innings- 204 277 28 3
Penalties Awarded in Other Innings- - - - -
Final Score for 6 Wkts 204 277 28 3

No BOWLER O M R Wkts WIDES N.B's
1 Hemin Desai 9.4 2 43 6 1 -
2 Rakesh Sharma 9 - 41 1 2 -
3 Adnan Ilyas 10 - 46 1 5 -
4 Hemal Mehta 10 1 26 2 - -
5 Muhd Asif 9 - 37 0 8 -
6 - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - -
No BOWLER O M R Wkts WIDES N.B's
1 A.D.Noori 2 - 20 1 - -
2 D.A.Zai 2 - 27 0 - 1
3 M.Shahpoor 4 1 26 0 1 2
4 A.Shah 10 1 36 0 3 -
5 H.Gull 2 - 17 0 - -
6 M.Nabi 10 2 28 3 1 -
7 Assadullah 6 - 14 1 - -
8 N.Khan 5.5 - 14 0 - -
9 M.Karim 4 - 15 1 5 -

Result of the Match : Oman won by 4 wickets
Man of the Match : H.Desai (OMAN)
UMPIRES : 1. S.RAHMAN
2. J . N . KUMAR
n vs afghanistan' afghanistan

borncricketer

Panel of Selectors<br><a href="http://www.planetcr
i think scotland may have a chance judging by the way they played in the ICC continental trophy.... but i personally support CANADA. GO CANADA GO!!!!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
India is my motherland. USA is my adopted motherland. I vote for my second mother!!!

borncricketer

Panel of Selectors<br><a href="http://www.planetcr
saisrini80 said:
India is my motherland. USA is my adopted motherland. I vote for my second mother!!!

lolzzz but USA doesnt have lots of good players. the average age of teh team is 35 :D

Users who are viewing this thread