Vettori to play for Warwickshire

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
He does wear glasses still.

But I don't see why having glasses would make his vision any worse? Mabee it does a little.

He is very unorthadox with the bat. Some of you may of noticed.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
irottev said:
He does wear glasses still.

But I don't see why having glasses would make his vision any worse? Mabee it does a little.

He is very unorthadox with the bat. Some of you may of noticed.
ZoraxDoom said:
Because he doesn't wear glasses anymore :rolleyes:
You do know who Vettori is right :D

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
ashu2411 said:
I dont know about future captain but he is definitely one of the best spinner around.

He definitely is being touted as the next captain to replace Flemming. Given his experience and his cricket brains I would agree with it.

irottev

School Cricketer
ZoraxDoom said:
Yup, and like I said-he wears contacts :rolleyes:

HE DOES NOT WEAR CONTACTS. lol. Hes just come out to bat vs SA with glasses. He bowls with glasses. He has always worn glasses.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I've seen him wear contacts on a few occasions when he bats, most of that of late. Maybe he swapped back?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Its for ODIs accorind to the article.
That would be an interesting experiment. If NZ want to try Vettori as a full time opener, they need to do it now before the 07 World Cup. Question is what will their top order looking like.

irottev

School Cricketer
Astle
Vettori
Fleming
Vincent
Marshall???
Styris
McMillan
McCullum
Adams
Mills
Bond

I think Marshall will be dropped. After having a think, we don't really need Vettori up the order. We just need some form from the top order. We already bat low. Mabee its worth a try. Hes proven himself provincially. This mabee isn't the right time. Mabee after world cup he may be our future.

By the way everyone it looks as though Cairns may be back in black soon. Hes been scoring very well in his club matches bith bat and ball and has a big acadamy match this week. Fingers crossed he does good. We NEED him for Australia.

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Not to bad a team, Vincent is the form batsmen so he should do well at 4. Styris to me looks to be way too low to me.

Users who are viewing this thread