VfB Stuttgart [FM2006] (Bundesliga M9:Frankfurt v Stuttgart)

Who will win the Bundesliga this season?

• Vfb Stuttgart

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Bayern Munchen

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Schalke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Werder Bremen

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Hertha Berlin

• Other

• Total voters
treva said:
unlucky in the semi!!!!
but your team is looking strong before the season so i think you can take the title by the end of the year.

great presentation and loving the Europe Soccernet articles they are fab
keep it up :clap :)
I would over the moon if that happened. Problem is I dont think I quite have a strong enough squad to challenge the likes of Bayern, Schalke and Bremen.

Will give it my best shot though.

Thanks for the feedback.

Bala said:
Materazzi might just be the man Stuttgart needs, if they can get him.
Claudio Ranieri has promised Erwin Staudt a nice kiss if he can get Materazzi.:D

tribalcg9.png

Inter Milan agree to sell Materazzi

1999230415_1999999499_Materazzi03_Pics_192_221.jpg

Materazzi could be heading to Germany

Tribalfootball.com believes that Italian giants Inter Milan have accepted VfB Stuttgart's offer for defender Marco Materazzi. Although the fee is not known yet, it is understood thet Materazzi has been allowed to talk with the German side, who are now managed by Italian coach Claudio Ranieri.

Recently Inter Milan had dismissed interest from Stuttgart, Juventus and Manchester United for their 31 year old defender, but now it seems like they were willing to sell him for the right price.

Neither of the clubs, nor the player himself have confirmed this yet.

looks like you'll get him after all
could be a great sign that for Stuttgart
are you looking at buying anymore players?

Inter deny accepting any offer for Materazzi

interck4.png

Official Club Statement

The board of Inter Milan Football Club have released the following statement in response
to recent rumours regarding Marco Materazzi:

Inter Milan has not accepted any offer from any club for player Marco Materazzi. The
player has a contract with the club, and is hence not available for transfer.

?2005 Inter Milan FC

Shame about the Materazzi news; he would have been a good signing.

I can't believe I only just found out about this story! Great work mate; keep it up!

The Match:

This is the final pre-season friendly for VfB Stuttgart before the new Bundesliga season kicks off. And it is not just any ordinary game, but a Stuttgart derby, against fierce local rivals, Karlsruher Sporting Club. Even though both teams play in different leagues and enjoy different levels of success, the rivalry between these two is as intense as some of the biggest derbies in the World.

karlsruhe01.jpg

Wildparkstadion - home of Karlsruher Sporting Club

Claudio Ranieri has been involved in derbies in Italy and Spain, so he will know what sort of atmosphere is created. He will also want to enhance his team's morale, after losing to Schalke in the semi-finals of the Liga-Pokal, in a penalty shoot.

"Nothing better than a derby game, to get your players and fans pumped up." Ranieri told Brehme.

"Yes, and this rivalry is one of the most heated you'll ever see, Claudio. Trust me." replied Brehme.

Anyways here are the lineups for the game:
forma1bg5.png

Subs:
forma1azm0.png

Claudio Ranieri seems to have made this 4-3-1-2 formation as his preferred standard one. Mario Carevic starts behind the two strikes Cacau and Ivan Gonzalez. Jesper Gronkjaer gets his first game under manager Claudio Ranieri and is partnered by Silvio Meibner and Fernando Meira in midfield. The defence is almost the same, with both Gerber and Magnin playing once again. However Ranieri has decided to play 20 year old Marcel Schuon at right back. Boris Zivkovic is the other defender, in front of goalkeeper Timo Hildebrand, who is also the captain for this game. Jon Dahl Tomasson who had picked up an injury during the game against Schalke, was not available for this match.

Karlsruher manager Edmund Becker has gone with a standard 4-4-2 formation, playing two out and out wingers. Danny Schwarz is their captain.

The Result:
res1um6.png

Goals:
goals1cv8.png

So honours even the Stuttgart derby. VfB had the better chances surely, but Karlsruher fought hard and did it well to earn that draw in the end. Jesper Gronkjaer, playing his first game under new manager Claudio Ranieri, equalised for VfB after Sebastian Freis had given Karlsruher a shock lead.

Fernando Meira was the best player on the pitch, thanks to a masterful and dominating display in midfield. Ranieri's tactic of playing him as a defensive midfielder ahead of a four man defence seems to be bearing good results. The 53 year old Italian, did give all of his players a chance today, including Dirk Heinen, the second goalkeeper. Dirk however had to replace the injured Heiko Gerber in defence, as Ranieri had already used up all his other substitutes.

There were a few heated moments in the game, especially during the time Heiko Gerber got injured. Gerber was the victim of a rather rash tackle by Karlsruher striker Sean Dundee. But the referee dint get a look of it and no card was shown. Heiko Gerber, however had to be substituted.

Stats:
stats1kv3.png

stats2qb5.png

Good to see Jesper scoring there,I thought that he was a pretty good player when he was at Chelsea and thought that he was a scapegoat when Roman came into scene.Decent end to the pre season campaign.Looking forward to the season.

Update on Tomasson's and Gerber's injuries

soccernetnewspc0.png

Stuttgart duo to miss start of season
tomasson_jon_dahl_stuttgart_Aufmacher.jpg

Jon Dahl Tomasson has to wait longer for his Bundesliga debut

VfB Stuttgart announced today that striker John Dahl Tomasson and defender Heiko Gerber will miss the start of the Bundesliga season after picking up injuries in pre-season games. Tomasson suffered a pull hamstring during the DFB Liga-Pokal semi-final against FC Schalke, and has been ruled out for between 2-3 weeks. Heiko Gerber will also be out for the same time, due to a groin strain, that he suffered in the derby game against Karlsruher SC.

Stuttgart Assistant Manager, Andreas Brehme, remains positive despite this setback.

"Obviously we are going to miss both players, but this is the right oppurtunity for some of the others in the squad to step up and rise to the occassion. We have several players who are more than capable of doing that, and I am sure we will manage without Jon and Heiko." said Brehme.

Jon Dahl Tomasson himself believes that the team will perform in his absence.

"This is not a one man or a two man team. There are a lot of good and talented players, and I am confident that they will do the job for the team. Infact to be very honest I am worried, that I might have to fight for my place back into the team when I resume full fitness;)." Tomasson told the press.

Claudio Ranieri apparently was aware of this much before and has been working hard in training with the other strikers in the team. He too doesnt seem bothered about the two injuries.

"We have Cacau, Gomez, Gonzalez and Streller in the team, and all of them are very good strikers. Even in defence we have a few people who can take the place of Gerber. Infact I was playing Gerber in the centre of defence in the friendlies as an experiment. But once the Bundesliga matches begin, I will play either him or Ludovic Magnin in that left back position." said Ranieri.

Is this the same Claudio Ranieri who only recently was saying how concerned he was with his defence.

Claudio Ranieri was checking his mail at office, wherein he got a reply from Lecce. They were willing to pay ?1.7 million for Martin Stranzl. If you remember their initial bid of ?1.1 million was rejected by Ranieri.

Ranieri immediately called Andreas Brehme to his office and discussed the matter with him. After analysis the pros and cons, both decided that they would leave the decision to Stranzl himself.

Martin Stranzl was at his home at that time. Brehme called him by phone and told him about the offer from Lecce. Stranzl said he was ready for a move, if the club was ok with it. Andreas Brehme told him that he might not get much to play in Stuttgart's first team, especially if one of the targeted signings arrive. Stranzl agreed, and said that he was ready to move to Italy and a new challenge. Brehme thanked him and wished him all the best, and said that it was in the interest of both the player and the club, that this transfer was being considered.

Ranieri then immediately contacted the Sporting Director and informed him about the development. The Sporting Director also accepted, and said that they would be sending the acceptance fax to Lecce once they got the go ahead from the board of directors. Lecce could then offer a contract to Martin Stranzl.

Soon all formalities were completed and on the 3rd of August, 2005, Martin Stranzl made the ?1.7 million move from Stuttgart to Lecce.

And within no time this news was out in the press....

soccernetnewspc0.png

Lecce sign Martin Stranzl
2004091919294600032.jpg

Martin Stranzl (wearing red) joined Stuttgart in 2004

Italian side Lecce have completed the signing of Martin Stranzl from Vfb Stuttgart for a fee of ?1.7 million. Stranzl becomes the third man to leave the Gottlieb-Daimler stadion, since Claudio Ranieri took over as manager.

"Martin served us well, and we feel very sad to see him go. But this decision was taken keeping both the player's and club's interests in mind. We wish Martin all the best for the future." said Andreas Brehme, VfB Stuttgart's assistant manager.

Stuttgart are rumoured to be interested in Inter Milan's Marco Materazzi, and the Italian's arrival would limit Stranzl's first team appearances.

Stranzl joined VfB Stuttgart in 2004 from 1860 M?nchen for a fee of ?300K. He has made 29 first team appearances for the club.

Maybe you can use the money to make a better bid for Marco or someone else you find worth.Those injuries might hurt as you need to good start to the season.Love the fixture list btw.

sid_19840 said:
Maybe you can use the money to make a better bid for Marco or someone else you find worth.Those injuries might hurt as you need to good start to the season.Love the fixture list btw.
Yes. Since you asked that I can confirm on behalf of the club, that we have submitted fresh bids for Marco Materazzi and Manuel Friedrich to their respective clubs. We have also bid for Atletico Madrid's Pablo Ib??ez.

Our initial bids for Materazzi and Friedrich were rejected. We hope to get one of the three players.

332171.jpg

Manuel Friedrich
Current club: Mainz
Position: Defence Centre
Value: ?1.6M
Initial bid: ?1.4 M (Rejected)
New bid: ?1.6M

matrix1.jpg

Marco Materazzi
Current club: Inter Milan
Value: ?1.8M
Initial bid: ?1.4M (Rejected)
New Bid: ?1.8M

pabloiba.JPG

Pablo Ib??ez
Current club: Atletico Madrid
Value: ?5.7M
Initial bid: ?1.8M

So as you can see, Ranieri is looking for a central defender, and his first preference is Italian Marco Materazzi. Which is why he wants the highest offer to be made for Materazzi first. Ranieri is also a big admirer of Pablo Ib??ez, while Manuel Friedrich has Andreas Brehme's pick.

Currently the transfer budget stands at ?7.1M. But the problem is the wage status which is already around ?2K above the budget.

Users who are viewing this thread