Viv offers to help fix India's short-ball woes.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
After India's early exit from the ICC World Twenty20, the former West Indies legend Vivian Richards has offered his services as a batting consultant to help the the team deal with their weakness against the short ball. Richards, one of the most destructive hitters in the game, said he would like to pass on tips to teams like India on how to deal with aggressive fast bowling.

Viv Richards offers batting consultant role for India | Cricket News | ICC World Twenty20 2010 | Cricinfo.com

I say they should take the help!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Take it, I would say! A guy of the stature of Viv offering help for our batsmen is just so gracious. Even if we might not learn much, it would be good to have his inputs.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
When we have guy like Gavaskar who is involved with BCCI (somehow I dont know how) why you need Viv?

T20 is hardly a game after whose performance we should be worrying about batsman health.

King Cricket

International Coach
SaiSrini said:
Take it, I would say! A guy of the stature of Viv offering help for our batsmen is just so gracious. Even if we might not learn much, it would be good to have his inputs.

Yeah, we should definitely take it. You can't possibly have a better batting consultant than Sir Viv himself.

King Cricket added 4 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

scion_sid said:
T20 is hardly a game after whose performance we should be worrying about batsman health.

It's not just about this year's T-20 WC though. We've had this short ball problem for ages. And if a legend of the game like Sir Viv has himself expressed his willingness to help out our batsmen in this area, there's no harm in taking his help.

Hitterman

International Coach
I'll suggest Viv not to waste his talent for those idiot Indian youngsters. They won't learn.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Viv just wants share of BCCI money. :p

Seriously if Gary cannot resolve this issue throw him out as a coach. If we want Viv's help then send whole set of domestic batsman to him. Training 4-5 batsman will not solve Indias problem.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I'll suggest Viv not to waste his talent for those idiot Indian youngsters. They won't learn.

Maybe you should just stop following Indian cricket then. We never always got the best resources to learn. Our players (or anybody who plays for India) wants to learn on how to play the short ball. Its not like they wont learn. Give them right teaching, and they will learn.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Dear Viv Sir,
Just do it (make Indian batsmen play short balls better especially Raina and Rohit)

(I'm sure he won't ever read this letter)

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
If Viv seriously wants to help, he should try to get involved with the domestic structure. Fixing the short-ball will take more than a Viv Richards-flavored band-aid. It's a systemic problem in Indian cricket and needs to be fixed at a lower level.

Honestly, the best thing he could do is try to organize a batting camp combined with practice matches for our junior sides in the West Indies. This way he can work with the players in the appropriate conditions and work with them at a young age.

But look at it realistically. Coming into the national team, our youngsters are going to have played 90% of their cricket in India and about 90% of that on flat tracks with no juice. It's really optimistic to believe that Viv Richards can fix that, but I don't think you actually can and if so, definitely not on the national level.

rocky_g

International Cricketer
It seems Viv Richards has some financial problems. ;)

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Why doesn't he get in there and help the West Indian's, who's batting is in need?

I'd much rather help Australian's if I was a retired Australian than help out Indian's. Wouldn't you rather help your own side?

TumTum

International Cricketer
Why doesn't he get in there and help the West Indian's, who's batting is in need?

I'd much rather help Australian's if I was a retired Australian than help out Indian's. Wouldn't you rather help your own side?

As boney_g said it was probably for some cash.

Users who are viewing this thread