Story West Indies Caribbean Calypso! **UPDATED** 2nd ODI: IND vs WI - India will bat first!!!

Who will win the ODI tri series between India, England and the West Indies?

• Total voters

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Tendulkar(c)
Gayle *
Sehwag*
Simmons
Dhoni
Kohli
Bravo*
Harbhajan Singh
Zaheer Khan*
Sreesanth
Taylor

Last edited:

Highlander999

ICC President
You've selected 2 all-rounders, you're only meant to have one. You'll have to get rid of either Yuvraj or Bravo and replace them with a batsman.

just_cricket

Club Captain
My XI

Batsmen:
1 Sehwag
2 Gayle*
3 Sarwan
4 Gambhir*
5 Kohli

Keeper:
Dhoni*

Allrounder:
Pollard (c)

Bowlers:
1 Sreesanth
2 Taylor
3 Roach*
4 Benn

Highlander999

ICC President
BCCI_logo_colour_1_.gif
vs
wicb-logo-200w.gif

2nd ODI: India vs West Indies at Nagpur
Live with Channel 9
9-1.jpg

On a mildly warm day in Nagpur, the second ODI between India and West Indies in ths tri seres got under way. The stadium was packed to the rafters with the fanatical Indian fans making their voices heard very clearly as they prepeared to watch their hero's take to the field. Playing cricket in India surely must be the greatest experience for an international cricketer with such an atmosphere.

Out in the middle Michael Atherton was doing the coin toss with the two captains, MS Dhoni and Chris Gayle.

Chris Gayle made a new friend ;)

The Toss

Cathy2020Daniel20hands20coin20to20W.jpg

OvalMichaelAtherton_1096305.jpg
Ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the 2nd ODI in this tri series, between India and West Indies. I'm with match referee Chris Broad and the captains MS Dhoni and Chris Gayle. India won the first ODI against England and will be looking to continue their good form today. Their certainly is a buzz in the stadium, so without further ado let's get things on the road :)

If we could flip the coin MS and if you make the call Chris.

coin-flip_phixr.jpg

Chris-Gayle-001.jpg
Heads!

It's actually come up tails. So, MS you have won the toss, what are you going to do?

lens3325932_1237277569Mahendra-Sing.jpg
Well Michael I think we will have a bat first on this pitch. I think it's going to be turning quite a bit later on in the innings and I reckon Bhajji might be looking forward to getting some sharp turn off it. Also, the weather seems pretty good for batting at the moment so hopefully we can post a nice big total and put the Windies under pressure before they can start their reply. They do have some very dangerous batsmen though, so it should be an interesting match.

No changes from the side which beat England?

Nope, same side as before. I don't see the point in changing a winning unit and especially on this sort of pitch, it is going to be spin which is the key so I feel we only need 2 seamers. All the guys in the team have performed at one stage or another so I am confident today :)

Well MS, good luck today, I'll let you get back to your team.

Cheers Michael :)

So Chris. Disappointed to be bowling first?

Chris-Gayle-001.jpg
Well I probably would have liked to bat first on this pitch as well, though I don't think it will be too much of an issue. As long as we bowl pretty well, we should be able to chase down the Indian score.

Dhoni seemed to feel that spin would play a really important role. Thoughts?

Chris-Gayle-001.jpg
Well the pitch is going to turn a bit, however, I'm from the old fashioned school of the slower it is, the easier it is for me to hit out the ground ;) I'm happier backing the likes of Fidel and Kemar to put it into the Indian batsmen's ribs and blast them away with pace. That said, I reckon Benny might be playing quite an important role in this match and I'm sure I'll turn my arm over at some stage.

There's been a lot of chopping and changing in West Indies cricket recently. Has that affected the squad much?

Chris-Gayle-001.jpg
Well it's no secret that we have struggled recently for some consistency. I do feel though that we have turned the corner with this and are beginning to have a more consistent set up come into place. We have some exciting youngsters coming through and I really am looking forward to seeing how well we go over the next few years as I reckon we are going to be challenging for the number 1 spot soon enough.

Well good luck Chris, I'm sure this will be an exciting match.

Chris-Gayle-001.jpg
Thanks Mike.

So there you have it. India have won the toss and have elected to bat first in this 2nd ODI. Back to you in the studio.......

Cricket20052010-01-1920-32-56-88.jpg

--------------------

This is your last chance to submit your Fantasy Cricket teams. Check the last update for the squad's and rules :)

Also just to keep you entertained in the lead up to St Patricks Day ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Dusty surface. I guess 280-300 would be a good score here.

Well it's no secret that we have struggled recently for some consistency. I do feel though that we have turned the corner with this and are beginning to have a more consistent set up come into place. We have some exciting youngsters coming through and I really am looking forward to seeing how well we go over the next few years as I reckon we are going to be challenging for the number 1 spot soon enough.

Gayle seems confident but i would still support India. Go India Go!!! :happy

just_cricket

Club Captain
Well Michael I think we will have a vat first on this pitch

Does that mean West Indies will vowl fist? :p

Good toss there for India to win, though, whatever they're doing! I think the West Indies will sneak up and beat India here - hopefully Pollard is the star of the show!

Users who are viewing this thread