Story West Indies Caribbean Calypso! **UPDATED** 2nd ODI: IND vs WI - India will bat first!!!

Who will win the ODI tri series between India, England and the West Indies?

• Total voters

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sehwag (Bat)
Tendulkar (Bat) (c) * 3
Gambhir (Bat)
Strauss (Bat)
Pietersen (Bat) (BP) * 2
Yuvraj Singh (AR) (BP) * 2
Dhoni (wk) (BP) * 2
Zaheer Khan (Bwl)
Sreesanth (Bwl)
Swann (Bwl) (BP) * 2
Anderson (Bwl)

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Batsmen

Sehwag *
Tendulkar *
Gambhir (C)
Kohli
Pietersen *

Keeper

Dhoni

All-Rounder

Yuvraj Singh

Bowlers

Zaheer Khan
Sreesanth
Swann
Anderson *

* -bonus players.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sachin Tendulkar X2
Andrew Strauss
Gautam Gambhir X2
Kevin Pietersen X2
Paul Collingwood X2
Yuvraj Singh
MS Dhoni X3
Stuart Broad
Graeme Swann
Zaheer Khan
James Anderson

Good update Tom.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
My line up would be echoing aditya's as I'm from mobile and can't type everything from mobile:) btw, great update mate:)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
My Captain : S.Tendulkar
Bonus Player : Dhoni and Pieterson

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Sehwag BO
Tendulkar
Gambhir
Strauss BO
Pietersen BO
Dhoni Captain BO
Collingwood
Zaheer Khan BO
Sreesanth
Swann
Anderson BO

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
BTW Tom, here is my Fantasy XI with all the changes I wanted from Adi.
Sachin Tendulkar X3
Andrew Strauss
Gautam Gambhir X2
Kevin Pietersen X2
Paul Collingwood
Yuvraj Singh X2
MS Dhoni X2
Stuart Broad
Graeme Swann
Zaheer Khan
James Anderson
Cheers:)

Highlander999

ICC President
BCCI_logo_colour_1_.gif
vs
ecb_logo-2.gif

1st ODI: India vs England at Kolkata - Start time: 10:30
Live with Channel 9

With the toss won and Sehwag and Sachin heading out to face the new ball pairing of Anderson and Broad, the home fans were expecting fireworks from the openers.

They got exactly that with Sehwag and Sachin putting on 50 in just 7.2 overs. Things were looking pretty bad for England, especially Tendulkar who had dominated the strike. Luckily though, Anderson was able to keep his head and managed to get Sehwag to go for the slower ball where he hit it straight to Broad at mid-on.

A mini collapse now happened with Gambhir and Kohli departing in quick succession before Sachin had both his middle and off-stump flattened by a Sajid Mahmood yorker who was ecstatic by this as he was mobbed by his England team-mates.

SouthAfricavEngland50OverTourMatchV.jpg

Sajid Mahmood celebrates on the wicket of Tendulkar

This left India in a spot of bother with Yuvraj Singh and Raina needing to put on a big partnership to save the Indian innings. Unfortunately Raina was not up to the task and played on to a short and wide ball by Broad, which meant the skipper was now needed to play a captain's knock. Yuvraj managed to hog the strike and India slowly begun to claw towards 150. However, Graeme Swann now got in on the action having Dhoni caught at square leg for 15.

India were now in really hot water and looked to be in danger of being bowled out for below 180. Jadeja though did the sensible thing and just stuck in there and allowed Yuvraj to score the runs. Jadeja might not have contributed to many runs, but without him Yuvraj would not have been able to dominate like he did.

He eventually played all around a Graeme Swann arm-ball but he had done his job well and the youngster could be proud of the determination he showed in front of a fired up England bowling attack. Bhajji came in and smacked the ball around but then fell quickly, and the tail didn't do too much apart from that.

Yuvraj was the star of the show finishing on 82* off 72 balls. He had been the rock of the Indian innings and King UV had given India a slim chance of saving this match.

cnYuvrajSingh_narrowweb__300x4310.jpg

UV carves another boundary

India had been dismissed for just 220 off 39 overs and will be bitterly disappointed at posting such a low score on a pretty decent batting track. The top order really let India down and the middle order weren't much better. Yuvraj Singh was the only man there who can hold his head up high with the way he played today and he will also have a big responsibility with the ball.

Mahmood and Swann were the two bowlers who stood out for England, with Broad, Anderson and Wright all contributing nicely. It was a very good performance by this England attack and they have given themselves a really good chance of winning this match and going top of the table in this tri series.

Cricket20052010-01-1521-48-50-44.jpg

Cricket20052010-01-1521-49-13-16.jpg

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
oh, bloudy Yuvraj! Why can't you just get him out? Silly pie chucker! England will win though!

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Alright stuff for my fantasy team.
My captain Tendulkar done pretty well, as well as my bonus play Yuvraj.
I also went with Swann as a bonus player as it's a spinning pitch, which seems to have paid off.
Sehwag, Gambhir, Dhoni and Anderson all failed pretty badly.
Nice update Tom, keep it up.

Users who are viewing this thread