What do you guys think of this 360 birthday list ?

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I haven't actually been playing my 360 since I've been bombarded with exams, and when I did begin to start playing with it, it broke down with RROD. I just recieved it back with a months worth of XBL; hoorah! Anyway it's my birthday coming up on July 5th, and it's a family tradition to buy presents for the birthday boy/girl instead of money. (It has its ups and downs :p). I'm just wondering about your opinions on the games below which I'm considering to tell my relatives to buy :p Could you also give me any further ideas for games I should buy ? Right now budget-wise it seems to be OK for a fourth game, but it shouldn't be over the top. I live in Australia by the way. If you think I'm lucky then don't, I always just buy a bunch of games on a yearly basis; so for 2 weeks, I'm like a fat man in a candy shop.

-- Prototype: Heard this is a great open-sandbox game with epic violence, though have heard it gets repetitive near the end; though I don't mind it if the gameplay is uber which I've been hearing a lot of.
-- COD: World at War: Absolutely loved this game, I got COD: MW so don't tell me that cliche about different time periods; I wanna' use the flamethrower god dammit :whip
-- Fallout 3: Just epic, plain and simple.

Last edited:

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Share some candy around please?

I'd probably say COD:WOW, and FO3 are your definites, not sure about Prototype but if you like it then why not? And not really knowing your games I'd say Resident Evil 5, Gears of War 2, Halo 3, Fable 2 on the basis of the games you'd probably like. Rock Band maybe?

Finished my exams as well, eventually going to buy them all and kill myself with a month to 2 worth of gaming.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
^^ I've heard RE5 is quite good, but I think my brother is getting that on his Wii with that gun apparently. Oh yeah forgot to say, I own FIFA 09, Halo 3, Juiced 2: HIN, Fable 2, Battlefield: Bad Company, Guitar Hero 3 and Assassins Creed (Probably going to trade this in).

I've also been contemplating purchasing UFC Undisputed, but is it like those WWE SVR games where it gets really repetitive during single-player mode ?

Last edited:

IloveGilly

There's Resident Evil 4 (Similar to Resident Evil 5) on the Wii and there's Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (More of a shoot 'em up style game). But I've played both and really do enjoy the Resident Evil 5 version but not as much as Resident Evil 4.

I think UFCs quite different, if anything the game is awfully complex but haven't really played it. But since you have those games, I'd be quite satisfied with the three games which you're getting.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
I've also been contemplating purchasing UFC Undisputed, but is it like those WWE SVR games where it gets really repetitive during single-player mode ?

I saw King Pietersen playing that so maybe you should pm him or something and see what he says.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
UFC's awesome. I'll warn you that the career mode does get pretty boring though.

Fight Night Round 4 is out on Friday in the UK (dunno when it comes out in oz) and I would regard that as an absolute definite purchase. Man I can't wait for that game.

D

Deleted member 11215

COD:WaW isnt too great if im honest. If you like Call of Duty 2 and 4 then id definately give this one a miss as its by the same people who produced call of duty 3 which is the weakest in the series by far. Tanks and Dogs completely ruin the only experience on COD:WaW, seriously since when would 2 dog bites kill men frequently?

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
UFC's awesome. I'll warn you that the career mode does get pretty boring though.

I disagree. I've had the game since release and I'm still playing the Career mode through daily. I've completed 1 career as a HW. I've got a MW career going, a LHW and a WW and I'm loving the game still. I am a massive MMA fan though, so that could be the reason why I'm still loving it :D

FN = Meh. No knees in the clinch, no Jiu-Jitsu, no ground and pound. Give me Georges St-Pierre ahead of Floyd Mayweather anyday.........someone please bite

khan31

International Coach
Fight Night 4 > UFC standard

And KP - why do you expect a boxing game to have knees martial arts and ground and pound? Its a game based on boxing - the sweet science. Don't knock the game if you dislike the sport as they are 2 very different ideas.

Prototype will bore you after an hour or so trust me. I've got it maxed out on PC and the gfx are poor, story is weak/bored me, no online play and even though gameplay is fun, it is not good enough to warrant a pruchase and will certainly not keep you going for more than an hour. COD WaW is great and so is Fallout 3 (especially with the DLC if you want to buy it).

D

Deleted member 9102

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:

IloveGilly

If you want high quality experience, you'd probably have to get Grand Theft Auto 4 and Bioshock (might as well get ready for Bioshock 2 - which shall be epic!). I'd get Bioshock fo sho! Maybe Gears of War 1/2 even.

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
Better wait for Call Of Duty : Mordern Warfare 2 coz CODWW isnt great. I have played it myself...
Instead of Fallout3 get "The witcher", Oblivion or The Rise OF Argonauts. Fallout is simply oblivion with guns in a sci fi setting. And it get boring after some time whereas Oblivion has better story and graphics are very very good.
The Witcher: One of the best RPG Game ever made.
The rise of argonauts: The sleeper hit of last year. No one expected must from codemasters first RPG but i have played it and believe me, it has one of the best storyline ever. This games main character is replica of hero of 300 movie, and as you progress through story, Hercules and Achilis would also become your friend.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
UFC = Meh.
The stand up fighting is alright (apart from every fighter with the same fighting style having all the same moves) but once you get on the ground it's all canned animations and button-mashing, I'd give it a miss and wait for Fight Night Round 4 if you want a fighting game.

You're playing it wrong. The ground game is far more complicated than simple button mashing. No wonder you find it meh if you just button mash when you get it down to the ground. I'm sure I'd find the game pretty meh if I stuck to just the stand up.

Users who are viewing this thread