What is your favourite ground

J

James Driscoll

My local ground, The AMP Oval. Being a Surrey supporter doesn't influence that one bit of course... -_-

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The Oval is an amzing ground, it has hosted so many sports. Cricket (obviously), baseball, Aussie Rules, Soccer (It hosted the FA Cup final before Wembley) and others I've forgotten.

J

James Driscoll

Originally posted by andrew_nixon79@Oct 15 2003, 12:47 AM
The Oval is an amzing ground, it has hosted so many sports. Cricket (obviously), baseball, Aussie Rules, Soccer (It hosted the FA Cup final before Wembley) and others I've forgotten.
Didn't know it hosted the FA Cup Final, but I knew AFL was being played there last week.

J

James Driscoll

So of all the stadiums in England that are still standing it today, The Oval Cricket Ground has hosted the FA Cup final more than any other ground. :D

J

James Driscoll

Sad but true.

The new Wembley is going to be far bigger than the old one, but I don't think the old one should have been knocked down, it had too much history.

So why didn't the FA Cup go back to The Oval when Wembley was knocked down ;D: ?

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
When it was at the Oval originally, it was played earlier in the year,plus the cricket season didn't start til May.

They'd have to play the final in March now to be able to pkay it at the Oval!

the new stadium coming up in hyderabad is going to be the best. :bow: :bow:

J

jimo

Eden Park, being from auckland and all, the purist side of me also favour the Bert Sutcliffe Oval in Lincoln in Christchurch and Hagley Park

Users who are viewing this thread