Will West Indian Cricket rise again?

• Yes

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
I dunno. The Windies bowling attack isn't that bad, tbh. And I wouldn't say Pakistan are churning out fast bowlers either.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Two words -They arent even good at Basketball.

...Ok, 5 words:p

Two words..........Basket Ball.

if anything its Baseball that is the problem, with the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Venezuela and a few other countries so close it might be the bigest competition to cricket. The 2 sports do have some similarities but the diferences are huge and the money in Baseball is crazy.

slade

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Michael Holding blamed the administration rather than the lure of basketball. Although the talent pool has been reduced by basketball, the WICB arent doing enough to keep and develop young players. He said even during the 70s, the WI are successful inspite of the board rather than because of it. One good thing is the WICB have finally teamed up with Allen Stanford and accepted the 20 20 tournament. Stanford has stated his desire to make the WIs the top ranked team in the world, but I don't know how serious is his commitment to test cricket. It doesn't have the same draw of the public as the 20 20 matches.

Does anybody know the pool of players eligible for the West Indies. Even with baseball, basketball etc, isnt cricket still more popular in WI than it is compared with countries like england, new zealand where it is definitely a minority interest sport.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread