Your Cricket Which Brand??? Which Bat???

musama91

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
First time since 2007 ive come on to this server - So Hi all! Please give me 2 minutes of your time.

My problem - My youth sized cricket gear is getting so small that the batting pads no long cover my knee caps. I have managed to resell 8 Incurza county cricket bats to make ?500 (profit) which I will use to fund a complete overhaul of my cricketing gear. I'm a wicket keeper batsman (no.3-5) so will need pretty much everything a cricket shop has to offer.

1) Unfortunately there is so much out there that I don't know which brand to buy. So are there any brands which really stand out?

2) I have had a look around and am quite impressed with the Adidas range - has anyone actually got some equipment or tried some on and could they tell me how the stuff is like.

3) Is there a bat with a middle that extends form the middle right down to the toe of the bat? The ones I have tried (Predator, Icon, Blade) have a contained sweet spot, nothing I have seen has wowed me. yet.

4) When is the 2010 equipment going to be released because we are at the end (or thereabouts) of the 09 cricket season and I have a hunch new gear may be available just around the corner.

Thanks for your time HIGHLY APPRECIATED

OffCutters

International Coach
I bought an Adidas Pellara bat and the pads a few months ago, its sweet, especially if you`re a player who likes to go on the front foot.It also has a pretty good solid middle as well.

musama91

School Cricketer
I bought an Adidas Pellara bat and the pads a few months ago, its sweet, especially if you`re a player who likes to go on the front foot.It also has a pretty good solid middle as well.

My best area is straight and off, so it sounds quite good. Which pads did you get - Im thinking of getting the club ones - do they offer decent protection?

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
I love my slazenger, it's a great bat for a player like me who pushes the balls into gaps. I like to push with a defensive like cover drive in between fielders for a single. The middle is perfect for plays like that.

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
Grey Nicholls Powerbow has been an amazing bat for me. As for 2010 gear tbh the 09 stuff is decent enough and you will probably be able to get it for cheaper when the newer stuff comes out aswell. Gunn&Moore gloves are very good, comfortable and have a good amount of protection on them. Their pads are pretty decent too so I recomend you try them out.

musama91

School Cricketer
Fearnley have a great deal going for batting gear and the equipment certainly looks great but I has anyone played with a Fearnley bat?

deal link - Test Pack Adults

Users who are viewing this thread