Which Browser do you use

• Total voters
R

rasi

Originally posted by ricky123@Feb 25 2004, 09:01 PM
B) firefox also has a download manager ,where u can even pause ur downloads,beat that now!!!!! :lol:? :P
It doesn't beat it. It evens it.

You can also pause/resume in opera.

R

ricky123

Originally posted by Iniyan+Feb 25 2004, 09:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Iniyan @ Feb 25 2004, 09:34 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ricky123
@Feb 25 2004, 09:01 PM
B) firefox also has a download manager ,where u can even pause ur downloads,beat that now!!!!! :lol:? :P
It doesn't beat it. It evens it.

You can also pause/resume in opera. [/b]
B) but there r more features in firefox thenany other browser right now

if u want i can post the features here and then u decide

R

ricky123

B) i can take that as a good reason not to change th browser :P

hey anyway we dint see andrew today ,maybe he is gone on a date today ^_^ :D

SumoNYR88

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The advantage with Opera is that it uses the same format that's used in IE and previous versions of Opera.....

But I still use IE :P

M

Maestro

I used Internet Explorer because that's what came with the Optus Internet
Cable Subscription.

I

indyan

Ricky I used Mozilla and Firebird for a long time but then switched to opera.It's the best.
Please post the features of Firefox.I want to see if there is anything new.
I don't know of it has improved now(I don't think so)when I used to use firebird I found that the popup blocker was a ridiculous one.I blocked everything without judging if it was needed or not.Similar feature is also available in opera(Actually it's better).Have a look at the picture.
I use opera because it has a lot of features and not becuse of it's look.
But the best feature is "CONTINUE FROM LAST TIME".Match that.

I can't give the technical reasons but sites load a lot faster in opera(It claims to be the fastest browser out there) as compared to IE.I read in some forum that it has got something to do with catching or whatever.

Attachments

• Opera.jpg
    Opera.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 3
R

ricky123

Originally posted by andrew_nixon79@Feb 26 2004, 12:50 AM
No I've started a new job today.
B) congrats :cheer: and good luck with ur new job

R

ricky123

Originally posted by squiz@Feb 26 2004, 11:56 AM
Ricky do u work for Mozilla or sumthin? :lol:
B) lol noooo :lol: :lol:

here r the features of firefox,anyway i read it somewhere,
so i will just copy and paste it.

Popup Blocking
In this day in age, an internet browser without a popup blocker is like having a broadband connection without a fireball. ?Firefox stops annoying popup windows dead in their tracks?, according to Mozilla.org, and that?s exactly what it does. Visiting a popup blocker test page, Firefox?s built in popup blocker was able to close all popup windows while the page loaded and during the page's onload() event. At http://www.popup-blocker.info?s test page, several test can be ran to prove your popup blocker?s power. Mozilla Firefox?s built in popup blocker was able to handle the ?Stress Test?, which according to pop-upblocker.info? ?[Stress tests] attempts to overcome your pop-up killer by trying to spawn large numbers of windows as quickly as possible.? Firefox?s popup blocker was able to close all 200 popup windows without even breaking a sweat. Trying this with IE and no popup blocker would probably bring your pc to its knee?s. You can also easily access the list of websites that the popup blocker blocks and altering it?s state by a simple click.

Download Manager
A feature which I thought was going to be integrated in Internet Explorer 6 was a download manager. Download managers allow you to manipulate and take control of your downloaded files. Mozilla Firefox?s download manager contains just the essentials to allow you to control your downloads. You can pause your download and continue it a later time, something which is not possible with IE?s download manager. Apart from sporting a nice look, the download manager stores the information such as size and location of your downloaded file. When the download is complete, a small notification is displayed in the lower right side of the screen.

Tab Browsing
Because having too many windows open at a time can be a bit annoying, not to mention time consuming, Firefox features tab browsing. Here?s more on tab browsing from Mozilla?s homepage??Tab-Browsing changes the way you use the internet by allowing you to open links on a page in background "Tabs" and then read them when you're ready. No confusing new windows, no need for context menus, just hold down Ctrl when clicking a link, or use your middle mouse button (if you have one).?

Integrated Search Engine
Now why didn?t the IE programmers think of this? Mozilla Firefox comes with a built in search engine. The default search engine is Google?s, of course, with the ability to add others. The search entry takes up a very small space, which is a plus when compared to those huge toolbars out there.

Options
Less confusing and cluttered than IE?s Internet Options is another factor in Mozilla?s Firefox. You can easily navigate through each setting. Deleting saved passwords is a snap and clearing any saved history. The ?Downloads? section of the options allows the user to choose which program will automatically open a downloaded file.

Page Info
When right clicking on a page (PC users), selecting ?page info? will pull up a window displaying vast amount of information for the webpage. General information as well as a Link tab showing all the links that the page contains.

Faster Response
A typical webpage will load faster on Mozilla Firefox than Internet Explorer.

Keeps HTML Formatting
Mozilla Firefox is able to keep the html format when copying from a webpage to a text file. For example, when copying html formatted text from a webpage and pasting it on a note pad, the text copied using Mozilla Firefox keeps the format yet the text copied from IE doesn?t.

Security
Because many of those malicious plug-in?s that cause your everyday web surfing into a trip to the DMV are mostly programmed for Internet Explorer, having Mozilla Firefox as your internet browser can save you tons of headaches.

Open Source Advantage
The Mozilla project is an Open Source project where thousands of independent programmers can work on finding security holes before they are exploited.

Cleaner Interface
Firefox isn?t filled with clutter such as a history button or other buttons that take up most of the area in Internet Explorer. Firefox offers 2% more space to web pages than Mozilla, 4% more than Internet Explorer, and a whopping 10% more than Opera.

Smaller Download
Ignoring the fact that Internet Explorer comes integrated with Windows, Firefox is almost half the size of Internet Explorer meaning half the time downloading.

Block Images
When right clicking on an image, the user is given the option to block all images from that webpage. This feature comes in handing when visiting a site that holds many pictures, many due to ads, which can be disabled for faster surfing.

Mozilla Firefox is an alternate browser to IE with features that, I believe, surpass the latter. Firefox has defiantly broken ground in the war of the browsers. I know there are many out there who would think otherwise and never settle for any browser other than IE. Think of it this way, if Mozilla Firefox was integrated by default into Windows besides IE, would you switch to another browser?

I

indyan

Well Opera has all those features
1.Popup blockinf -OK
2.Download Manager-OK
3.Tabbed Browsing-OK
4.Integrated search engine-OK(provides 17 search options which is 1 click away)
5.Faster Response-OK
6.Keeps HTML Formatting-OK

Read This:-

Code:
Features and Functions?

Opera is user-friendly, secure, and exceptionally fast. The browser is small, yet full-featured and functions well on systems with limited resources. Opera supports all common Web standards and implements them according to the official recommendations. 
The Wand password manager

The Wand gives you one-click log-in to password-protected sites. Access is provided by simply clicking the Wand icon or by pressing Ctrl+Enter. 
Powerful panel management

Add panels with news, history list, link list, etc. to your Hotlist. All panels can now be shown, hidden or rearranged at will.
Notes

Jot down a note, drag the note to an e-mail to send it to others, or simply store your notes for future reference.
FastForward and Rewind

The FastForward and Rewind functions let the browser anticipate where you may want to go next. 
Slideshow

The FastForward button displays photo files on the Web in a slideshow.
Spatial navigation

Move easily around on pages by combining the Shift and arrow keys, gaining quick access to links and any other navigational elements available. 
One-click skinning

Just pick and click once on any of the many skins available online to change the look of your browser.
Cookie manager

Keep track of the cookies you would like to keep and delete the rest.
Keyboard shortcuts 

Opera makes it possible to navigate entirely with keyboard shortcuts. Press Z and X to move backward and forward in history, or G to turn graphics off. 
Mouse gestures

Opera puts more power at your fingertips with smart and fast mouse gesture recognition. Try to press (and hold) the right button and then press the left button to go backward. Do it the other way around to go forward. Or go to "Preferences > Edit Mouse gestures" to add your own.
M2 mail client

Opera's mail client automatically categorizes and sorts e-mail messages, has an integrated spam filter, and supports POP3, IMAP, and ESMTP.
Built-in search utility

Use Opera's search utility to search the Web, just enter your search in the convenient search field at the top of Opera's window. 
Window management

Combine multiple and single document interface (MDI/SDI) and tabbed browsing -- without restarting the browser. Save different window combinations as sessions, or go back and forth between window sessions.
Save windows setup

Opera can remember all your windows and Web pages between surfing sessions. This lets you continue surfing exactly where you left off. 
Session manager

Opera's new session manager lets you choose between multiple saved sessions from the start-up dialog. 
New navigation bar

On sites that support navigation through link tags, the site navigation will be displayed in the navigation bar.
Extended and improved drag-and-drop support

Rearrange or move toolbar items using drag-and-drop customization or move bookmarks, tabs, and window sessions (MDI/SDI) URL as shortcuts on the desktop. Open or save any page link.
Refuse pop-ups

Opera can easily be configured to push all pop-up windows to the background, or to not show them at all. 
Small-Screen Rendering

Check out Opera's Web browser breakthrough for mobile phones and PDAs in your desktop browser! See how Web pages would look on a small-screen device by simply pressing Shift+F11 to enable Small-Screen Rendering.
Full-screen and OperaShow

Use Opera in full-screen mode and turn the browser into an advanced presentation tool. Press F11 to activate (or deactivate) OperaShow. 
Multiple user style sheets

Opera comes equipped with 12 new user style sheets, varying from helpful features for users and developers, to the more zany. Try style sheets such as "Accessibility layout" or "High contrast B/W".
Multiple or single user accounts

Set up different Opera user profiles in one Opera browser to ensure that all your family members have the Opera set-up and look that suits them best.
User interface customization

Change keyboard shortcuts, remove toolbars, re-arrange menu items, etc. by customizing the .ini files. Use your own settings by saving separate copies of these files if Opera is installed in multi-user mode. 
Security

Opera has been designed from the beginning with security and privacy in mind. Opera supports Secure Socket Layer (SSL) versions 2 and 3, and Transport Layer Security (TLS). 
Hotlist

Bookmarks and history, windows sessions and e-mail can be managed via the Hotlist. Manage your downloads and transfers via the floatable download and transfer manager.