Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
...there you go then. Informed purchase!

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
PS3 for me. I'll be purchasing from Shopto as they have extremely fast delivery, plus you almost always get games 1 day earlier than the release date.

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't have a problem with paying for postage since it's saving me the hassle of a plane flight to buy the game :lol ...makes me laugh when people get all uppity at postage costs, cracks me up. Just factor it into your purchase...

It's not all that funny when you take into account additional 28.85% custom duty on imported CDs/DVDs.

D

Dutch

I will be ordering for PC. I have just ordered my new laptop. It will easily be capable of playing this game. I am sure that there will be many PC only mods to the game so would rather have that option.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
I have to ask guys, does anyone on here have a wii u at all ?:p

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
It's not all that funny when you take into account additional 28.85% custom duty on imported CDs/DVDs.

I don't see the issue at all... Whats the problem? You're paying for a service.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Think most members here are over 8 years of age.

Just I turned 9 not long ago.
Ok being serious, does anyone on pc have a Wii u.
How about u chief, what console are you playing
The game on right now. I bet Wii u right chief.:lol

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I don't see the issue at all... Whats the problem? You're paying for a service.

Well when the price of the CD increases from 29 pound to 60-70 pounds all the problem arises. For a person in European region is just increase of 40 pounds but for India it is increase in 40 * 90 = 3600 INR more then the games original cost which is 2700 INR. The amount increases drastically to 6300rs which is not worth. So thats the PROBLEM :rolleyes

Here comes the piracy issue then, where people would then buy a 2 pound pirated game then spend freaking 70 pounds.

Also PS - I aint supporting piracy but company need to price differently based on different geographic conditions. I would personally buy any game as I spend in $ but people back in subcontinent always feel they are looted. Hence Ashes 2009 was perfectly priced at 500rs around 6 pounds. Thats the perfect price range.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Factor it into your purchase, owning game is a privilege not an entitlement... If you can't afford a couple of bucks extra for tax and postage then maybe purchasing a game shouldn't be among your priorities...

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Factor it into your purchase, owning game is a privilege not an entitlement... If you can't afford a couple of bucks extra for tax and postage then maybe purchasing a game shouldn't be among your priorities...
I'd disagree in this case - as long as you're willing to just wait the extra bit of time for a local purchase (with shipping delays it might even be faster), there's no reason to pay extra tax on a game.

I'll always buy in store over importing if it is a negligible difference - retailers are certainly getting far better on it here - the last game I got day of release it was actually lower than it currently retails for and about the same price as an import (including shipping) without the wait.

I'd assume that the majority of games for markets with high import charges are just manufactured internally so there's no extra tax on them.

Gurjot95

National Board President
Why do people need to import internationally when it will be available in country shortly at less price with no shipping costs. Really, what's the fuss about it?
If you can't afford a couple of bucks extra for tax and postage then maybe purchasing a game shouldn't be among your priorities...
Maybe because not everyone lives on bed of roses and has to manage his budget accordingly. Why would ANYONE prefer buying something for higher price than the original for same product? It will be available on flipkart shortly and you only pay for game price, nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread