Patch General discussion

Slugger

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The first Patch has been released on PS3 and Xbox 360. The second patch is underway.

Noticing lots of posts in a variety of threads regarding the patch. Thought i would start a dedicated thread for it to keep all patch/future patch related questions, @BigAntStudios patch information, and comments together to save people repeating themselves and people asking questions repeatedly.

1. If we were to do a radar (unlikely) it would definitely not be in this patch. This patch is ready to go back in.

2. There will also be a slide-out indicating "Field Change" whenever the field has changed to stop you unnecessarily looking around.

3. The first patch will be minimal so as to get it out asap.

4. It will mainly be about the career issue, run outs and the field view.

5. There was always going to be a patch for Online Tournament, Co-op play, and enhanced career (different countries). This is a patch we had not planed for that will include the few things spoken of and not much else.

6. Run outs will be less of an issue post patch. If we can get the patch through this week it could be in your hands with two weeks. (No promises, but I will keep you updated as to progress.)

7. The fielding focus is on run-outs and return throws this time around - we have to get this out fast and not break the game. Too many changes without exhaustive testing could introduce bigger issues than we are trying to solve.

8. "I can't give timeframes for console but it wont be too long. All fixes/additions will ship with the PC version."

The patch is complete and in test.

@MattW will be joining us for our DBC14 Wrap Party on Friday and will have an opportunity to play the patched version and will be free to report back here on what he thinks of it.

btw Patch#1 has cleared one of the platforms, just waiting on the other one then it will go live, fingers crossed it's this week.

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Instead of having all these great ideas for starting threads, it would be far more helpful if you did the necessary reading of the posts by Ross about the subject and collected information relevant to the topic prior to starting the thread.

Slugger

Club Cricketer
Appreciate the feedback, however was just trying to help sorry. Saw ross had posted some info in the first impression thread regarding the patch hopefully being ready in a couple of weeks to fix some fielding issues and heaps of people asking about the patch in about 5 different threads.

Haven't had the chance to post all of ross's comments regarding the patch yet. Had intended to do so, like I said was only trying to help.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Would suggest editing that into the first post so it's easier to find.

Also, just to clarify point 1 ("In order to get things through quickly for the first patch - now pulled - we want to make it simple.") as it's out of context there - they were originally just going to do a fix for the career mode player linking issue - but decided to hold off and fix more issues before releasing.

mrzdt

Club Captain
Please just update the first post with the info on the patch and maybe a link to the screenshots Ross posted

----------

This is a good idea because I struggled to find info on the patch and it will be easier if it is seperate from other threads

Slugger

Club Cricketer
Mode : career
Diff: pro
Get best : yes
Team : Victoria
Role : batsman
After 11 games of the od it ask me to go to the next season !
In game 11 I was mom my avg is 25.64 with 3 fifties one in game 10 does this mean I was dropt for the rest of the season ! Hard to belief after that game

There is a bug that has 11 games played - will be fixed in the 1st patch.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Thanks for this slugger , really a great summary of all known things Patch related so far.

Helps guys to not try and sift through literally 1000`s of posts .

bigsix

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yet another release date!!! This thing never ends.
Very "Patchy" indeed....:lol:clap:wave

handsome

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Add the below to the first post

"I can't give timeframes for console but it wont be too long.

All fixes/additions will ship with the PC version."

Killer Nads

Club Cricketer
Thank you for fixing the listed bugs. But I'm a bit disappointed as to why no radar? Its fine if you can't get it done in time for patch 1 release, but please do add it in next patch as its a must, even if it only appears for a few seconds when fielding changes or something.

Another thing, please remove the red circle around the ball when the ball is played into the field.

Thanks.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I was thinking about realism of the field versus radar. I think what it comes down to is that in real life there is longer between deliveries, you can check the field out from the non-strikers end plus our visual range is massive in real life compared to a computer/tv screen.

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
@barmyarmy It's worth noting that you can still look at the field from the non-strikers end the same way you do from the strikers

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I was thinking about realism of the field versus radar. I think what it comes down to is that in real life there is longer between deliveries, you can check the field out from the non-strikers end plus our visual range is massive in real life compared to a computer/tv screen.

While the realism point is very valid (to an extent), there is also the issue of playability.

EA's FIFA (oh boy) is supposed to be all about realistic gameplay and everything realism but they still have the field map/radar thingy pin pointing the location of every player on the field. Not realistic, but it makes up for the loss of the player's inability of know what exactly is going on in the field

I think besides the radar for batting, we should also have a radar the moment the game switches from bowling to fielding. It will help big time to see where the ball is headed and rush after it instead of zigzagging :)

OFcourse I have only played 5 matches so far, so maybe the experience gets better (only for this issue. Otherwise the game is mind blowing)

Users who are viewing this thread